Old 01-11-2007, 11:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meat Grinder

cybercat said...

Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.

(Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you
flabby old Queen.)

This one looks good:

http://tinyurl.com/29479d

What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and
meatloaf, at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after
it arrives.

Yes, I am also googling the group.

Have you thought to get a motorized one. 4-5 pounds of meat is a lot to
grind. And my grinder suggests grinding using both disks, large first,
small second.

But if you want to buff up your arm muscles that looks like a fine choice.

Imho,

Andy

Old 01-11-2007, 11:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 19:25:51 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:

Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.

(Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
old Queen.)

This one looks good:

http://tinyurl.com/29479d

What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and meatloaf,
at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after it arrives.

Yes, I am also googling the group.

You might want to ask on rec.food.equipment, as well.

Christine
Old 01-11-2007, 11:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.

(Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
old Queen.)

This one looks good:

http://tinyurl.com/29479d

What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and meatloaf,
at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after it arrives.

Yes, I am also googling the group.

That one is too large for small batches like that. when I was young, we
would use a #10 grinder to make 20 to 30 pounds of sausage at a time.

Is there a #22 available? (I have an electric #12 that I bought from
Northern a few years ago that works great)

Bob
Old 01-11-2007, 11:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 01 Nov 2007 05:25:51p, cybercat meant to say...

Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.

(Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you
flabby old Queen.)

This one looks good:

http://tinyurl.com/29479d

What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and
meatloaf, at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after
it arrives.

Yes, I am also googling the group.

Nothing at all wrong with that one, but I would prefere electric.

--
Wayne Boatwright

(to e-mail me direct, replace cox dot net with gmail dot com)

Reality is nothing but a collective hunch.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 1, 7:25 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.

(Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
old Queen.)

This one looks good:

http://tinyurl.com/29479d

What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and meatloaf,
at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after it arrives.

From the photo, the handle seems too long. You'll be cranking it with

the handle over the edge of the counter while the ground meat drops
out in front of you onto...I guess a plate. To me, it looks like it
would be awkward to use. Is there a way to anchor it down? Because
it's going to require some elbow grease to do this and you don't want
the whole thing sliding around as you grind.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine wrote:
"cyber****" wrote:

Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.

(Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
old Queen.)

This one looks good:

http://tinyurl.com/29479d

What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and meatloaf,
at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after it arrives.

Yes, I am also googling the group.

You might want to ask on rec.food.equipment, as well.

What for... just enlarge the picturre at the web site... res ipsa
loquitur.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
cyberswallow sputters:

Some input would be nice.

This one looks good:

http://tinyurl.com/29479d

What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max.

Have you thought to get a motorized one. 4-5 pounds of meat is a lot to
grind. And my grinder suggests grinding using both disks, large first,
small second.

But if you want to buff up your arm muscles that looks like a fine choice.

Do you really think the ****alator will wank that herself, da good ol'
bums are lined up six deep... ol' cyberswallow has a large stock of
Northern Tool's finast:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...7474_200047474

Sheldon

Old 02-11-2007, 01:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" wrote in message
Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.

(Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
old Queen.)

This one looks good:

http://tinyurl.com/29479d

What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and
meatloaf, at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after
it arrives.

Yes, I am also googling the group.

Looks like possibly a bit large for 5 pounds at a time, but will get the job
done. Good price also.

I use the grinder attachment for the KA and do 15 to 20 pounds at a time for
sausage.

Old 02-11-2007, 02:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" wrote in message
Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.

(Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
old Queen.)

This one looks good:

http://tinyurl.com/29479d

What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and
meatloaf, at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after
it arrives.

Yes, I am also googling the group.

I remember my family back to my great grandmother also used the cranked meat
grinder to grind potatoes and onions for potato latkas. (Watch your
fingers!)

Mitch

Old 02-11-2007, 04:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 1, 7:25 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.

(Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
old Queen.)

This one looks good:

http://tinyurl.com/29479d

What are you going to fasten it to? You can't use it unless it's
securely fastened to something.

N.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 1, 7:22 pm, Sqwertz wrote:
On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 16:59:52 -0700, Christopher Helms wrote:
From the photo, the handle seems too long. You'll be cranking it with
the handle over the edge of the counter while the ground meat drops
out in front of you onto...I guess a plate.

All the manual grinders I've seen are designed that way - to be
used over the edge of the counter. Even the ones that are taller
and clamp to the edge of a table/counter.

Squat body to help stability; and long handle for leverage.

-sw

The ones that clamp onto the edge of a table or counter easily will
allow the ground meat to fall into a dish in front of the grinder -
NOT over the edge. I have my gramma's, and that's how it works.

N.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 1, 7:25?pm, "cybercat" wrote:
Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.

(Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
old Queen.)

This one looks good:

http://tinyurl.com/29479d

What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and meatloaf,
at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after it arrives.

Yes, I am also googling the group.

Hay Cat, Sheldon knows a lot about the meat grinder, he is full of
really good information. He is the one who got me enthused about
grinding my own meat ...

Suck it up and ask him, he will help you.

Rosie

Old 02-11-2007, 05:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
"zxcvbob"

That one is too large for small batches like that. when I was
young, we would use a #10 grinder to make 20 to 30 pounds of sausage
at a time. Is there a #22 available? (I have an electric #12 that I
bought from
Northern a few years ago that works great)

This one looks smaller, but I cannot find any specs.

http://tinyurl.com/2eb8oe

Since it has holes drilledinto it to secure it to the table, are you
prepared to have screws drilled into your table?

Those clamp ones do at least cause (very little) damage

Old 02-11-2007, 05:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 1, 7:59?pm, Christopher Helms wrote:
On Nov 1, 7:25 pm, "cybercat" wrote:

Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.

(Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
old Queen.)

This one looks good:

http://tinyurl.com/29479d

What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and meatloaf,
at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after it arrives.
From the photo, the handle seems too long. You'll be cranking it with

the handle over the edge of the counter while the ground meat drops
out in front of you onto...I guess a plate. To me, it looks like it
would be awkward to use. Is there a way to anchor it down? Because
it's going to require some elbow grease to do this and you don't want
the whole thing sliding around as you grind.

That particular style grinder is designed to be bolted directly to a
table/counter or bolted directly to a sturdy piece of lumber and then
the lumber clamped to a table/counter with a couple of heavy C clamps.

But that size grinder is much too large for home use, and would be too
difficult to crank without having others take turns, or convert it to
motorized (very dangerous), and it's very important to grind meat
expeditiously, to get the job done quickly before the meat and the
grinder become warm. And that particular size/type grinder would be
okay for someone with hundreds of pounds of meat to grind once a year
if it wasn't the poorest quality piece of made in china crap $40 could
buy... I wouldn't buy it for $4 (in fact I wouldn't have one for
free), it wouldn't even make a decent door stop. There's a lot more
to know about grinding meat than buying the biggest cheapest piece of
crap grinder.... the smallest lowest priced electric ginder is a
hundred times better than that cybercooz crap... even the teensy toys
r us kitchen aid attachment is better than that chinese hunk-a-junk.

Anyone wanting to buy a grinder you need to spend for something of
quality or you're not giving the concept a fair chance from the
start... a grinder costing less than the meat you grind says something
about those who would consider it, and not very nice.

Sheldon

Meat Grinder [email protected] Barbecue 1 12-11-2009 04:09 PM
Not A Meat Grinder. Andy[_2_] General Cooking 10 06-05-2007 09:55 PM
New meat grinder Nonnymus Barbecue 5 04-12-2006 12:31 PM
meat mincer meat grinder gingerking Cooking Equipment 0 11-06-2006 07:00 AM
meat grinder now what! Survivalbill.com Preserving 9 18-05-2004 12:54 AM