Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meat Grinder

cybercat said...

> Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.
>
> (Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you
> flabby old Queen.)
>
> This one looks good:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/29479d
>
> What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and
> meatloaf, at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after
> it arrives.
>
> Yes, I am also googling the group.

Have you thought to get a motorized one. 4-5 pounds of meat is a lot to
grind. And my grinder suggests grinding using both disks, large first,
small second.

But if you want to buff up your arm muscles that looks like a fine choice.

Imho,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 19:25:51 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.
>
>(Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
>old Queen.)
>
>This one looks good:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/29479d
>
>What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and meatloaf,
>at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after it arrives.
>
>Yes, I am also googling the group.

You might want to ask on rec.food.equipment, as well.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.
>
> (Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
> old Queen.)
>
> This one looks good:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/29479d
>
> What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and meatloaf,
> at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after it arrives.
>
> Yes, I am also googling the group.

That one is too large for small batches like that. when I was young, we
would use a #10 grinder to make 20 to 30 pounds of sausage at a time.

Is there a #22 available? (I have an electric #12 that I bought from
Northern a few years ago that works great)

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 01 Nov 2007 05:25:51p, cybercat meant to say...

> Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.
>
> (Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you
> flabby old Queen.)
>
> This one looks good:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/29479d
>
> What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and
> meatloaf, at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after
> it arrives.
>
> Yes, I am also googling the group.

Nothing at all wrong with that one, but I would prefere electric.

--
Wayne Boatwright

(to e-mail me direct, replace cox dot net with gmail dot com)

Reality is nothing but a collective hunch.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 1, 7:25 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.
>
> (Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
> old Queen.)
>
> This one looks good:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/29479d
>
> What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and meatloaf,
> at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after it arrives.

>From the photo, the handle seems too long. You'll be cranking it with

the handle over the edge of the counter while the ground meat drops
out in front of you onto...I guess a plate. To me, it looks like it
would be awkward to use. Is there a way to anchor it down? Because
it's going to require some elbow grease to do this and you don't want
the whole thing sliding around as you grind.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine wrote:
> "cyber****" wrote:
>
> >Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.

> >(Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
> >old Queen.)

> >This one looks good:

> >http://tinyurl.com/29479d

> >What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and meatloaf,
> >at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after it arrives.

> >Yes, I am also googling the group.

> You might want to ask on rec.food.equipment, as well.

What for... just enlarge the picturre at the web site... res ipsa
loquitur.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> cyberswallow sputters:
>
> > Some input would be nice.

> > This one looks good:

> >http://tinyurl.com/29479d

> > What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max.

> Have you thought to get a motorized one. 4-5 pounds of meat is a lot to
> grind. And my grinder suggests grinding using both disks, large first,
> small second.
>
> But if you want to buff up your arm muscles that looks like a fine choice.

Do you really think the ****alator will wank that herself, da good ol'
bums are lined up six deep... ol' cyberswallow has a large stock of
Northern Tool's finast:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...7474_200047474

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message
> Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.
>
> (Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
> old Queen.)
>
> This one looks good:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/29479d
>
> What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and
> meatloaf, at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after
> it arrives.
>
> Yes, I am also googling the group.

Looks like possibly a bit large for 5 pounds at a time, but will get the job
done. Good price also.

I use the grinder attachment for the KA and do 15 to 20 pounds at a time for
sausage.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message
> Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.
>
> (Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
> old Queen.)
>
> This one looks good:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/29479d
>
> What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and
> meatloaf, at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after
> it arrives.
>
> Yes, I am also googling the group.

I remember my family back to my great grandmother also used the cranked meat
grinder to grind potatoes and onions for potato latkas. (Watch your
fingers!)

Mitch

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 1, 7:25 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.
>
> (Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
> old Queen.)
>
> This one looks good:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/29479d

What are you going to fasten it to? You can't use it unless it's
securely fastened to something.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 1, 7:22 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 16:59:52 -0700, Christopher Helms wrote:
> > From the photo, the handle seems too long. You'll be cranking it with
> > the handle over the edge of the counter while the ground meat drops
> > out in front of you onto...I guess a plate.

> All the manual grinders I've seen are designed that way - to be
> used over the edge of the counter. Even the ones that are taller
> and clamp to the edge of a table/counter.
>
> Squat body to help stability; and long handle for leverage.
>
> -sw

The ones that clamp onto the edge of a table or counter easily will
allow the ground meat to fall into a dish in front of the grinder -
NOT over the edge. I have my gramma's, and that's how it works.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 1, 7:25?pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.
>
> (Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
> old Queen.)
>
> This one looks good:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/29479d
>
> What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and meatloaf,
> at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after it arrives.
>
> Yes, I am also googling the group.

Hay Cat, Sheldon knows a lot about the meat grinder, he is full of
really good information. He is the one who got me enthused about
grinding my own meat ...

Suck it up and ask him, he will help you.

Rosie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "zxcvbob" >
>>
>> That one is too large for small batches like that. when I was
>> young, we would use a #10 grinder to make 20 to 30 pounds of sausage
>> at a time. Is there a #22 available? (I have an electric #12 that I
>> bought from
>> Northern a few years ago that works great)
>>

> This one looks smaller, but I cannot find any specs.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2eb8oe

Since it has holes drilledinto it to secure it to the table, are you
prepared to have screws drilled into your table?

Those clamp ones do at least cause (very little) damage

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 1, 7:59?pm, Christopher Helms > wrote:
> On Nov 1, 7:25 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>
> > Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.

> > (Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
> > old Queen.)

> > This one looks good:

> >http://tinyurl.com/29479d

> > What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and meatloaf,
> > at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after it arrives.
> >From the photo, the handle seems too long. You'll be cranking it with

> the handle over the edge of the counter while the ground meat drops
> out in front of you onto...I guess a plate. To me, it looks like it
> would be awkward to use. Is there a way to anchor it down? Because
> it's going to require some elbow grease to do this and you don't want
> the whole thing sliding around as you grind.

That particular style grinder is designed to be bolted directly to a
table/counter or bolted directly to a sturdy piece of lumber and then
the lumber clamped to a table/counter with a couple of heavy C clamps.

But that size grinder is much too large for home use, and would be too
difficult to crank without having others take turns, or convert it to
motorized (very dangerous), and it's very important to grind meat
expeditiously, to get the job done quickly before the meat and the
grinder become warm. And that particular size/type grinder would be
okay for someone with hundreds of pounds of meat to grind once a year
if it wasn't the poorest quality piece of made in china crap $40 could
buy... I wouldn't buy it for $4 (in fact I wouldn't have one for
free), it wouldn't even make a decent door stop. There's a lot more
to know about grinding meat than buying the biggest cheapest piece of
crap grinder.... the smallest lowest priced electric ginder is a
hundred times better than that cybercooz crap... even the teensy toys
r us kitchen aid attachment is better than that chinese hunk-a-junk.

Anyone wanting to buy a grinder you need to spend for something of
quality or you're not giving the concept a fair chance from the
start... a grinder costing less than the meat you grind says something
about those who would consider it, and not very nice.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 2, 2:39?pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Nancy2" > wrote
>

> > What are you going to fasten it to? You can't use it unless it's
> > securely fastened to something.

> Okay, I get it. Tell me this: does it mess up the thing is it clamped to?

Not if it's clamped to your face.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> cybercat wrote:
>>> "zxcvbob" >

>>> This one looks smaller, but I cannot find any specs.
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/2eb8oe

>> Since it has holes drilledinto it to secure it to the table, are you
>> prepared to have screws drilled into your table?
>>
>> Those clamp ones do at least cause (very little) damage

> Ohhh, I see. I had thought the free standing ones were somehow
> weighted. So now I have to decide between a clamp-on or an electric.
> Do you have one?

I do have a clamp on one but a long time ago I bought an electric one

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Nancy2" > wrote
>>>

>> What are you going to fasten it to? You can't use it unless it's
>> securely fastened to something.
>>

> Okay, I get it. Tell me this: does it mess up the thing is it clamped
> to?

If you put something between the clamp and the table ie cloth or paper, it
ought not not mess it up

I guess it depends on how posh your table is)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cyberbeast" wrote:
> "zxcvbob" > wrote
>
> > Is there a #22 available? (I have an electric #12 that I bought from
> > Northern a few years ago that works great)

> Does this one actually say "52??"

That's your hip measurement.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" wrote:

> I really don't want one that clamps.

Why not, most women do.... wait, maybe I can give you a few nips n'
tucks, let me get my gorilla glue.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"zxcvbob" >

> That one is too large for small batches like that. when I was young, we
> would use a #10 grinder to make 20 to 30 pounds of sausage at a time.
>
> Is there a #22 available? (I have an electric #12 that I bought from
> Northern a few years ago that works great)

This one looks smaller, but I cannot find any specs.

http://tinyurl.com/2eb8oe

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Nov 1, 7:22 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 16:59:52 -0700, Christopher Helms wrote:
>> > From the photo, the handle seems too long. You'll be cranking it with
>> > the handle over the edge of the counter while the ground meat drops
>> > out in front of you onto...I guess a plate.

>> All the manual grinders I've seen are designed that way - to be
>> used over the edge of the counter. Even the ones that are taller
>> and clamp to the edge of a table/counter.
>>
>> Squat body to help stability; and long handle for leverage.
>>
>> -sw

> The ones that clamp onto the edge of a table or counter easily will
> allow the ground meat to fall into a dish in front of the grinder -
> NOT over the edge. I have my gramma's, and that's how it works.

I really don't want one that clamps.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "zxcvbob" > wrote
>> Is there a #22 available? (I have an electric #12 that I bought from
>> Northern a few years ago that works great)
>>

> Does this one actually say "52??"
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yraj5k

"32". That's the largest size you can readily buy plates and knives for.

"22" is smaller, but still pretty big.

"10" and "12" are smaller still and use interchangeable cutters. 10
clamps to the edge of the table and 12 bolts to it.

There are also #8 and #5 grinders. I would not get anything smaller
than an #8.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message
.. .

> "zxcvbob" >
>>
>> That one is too large for small batches like that. when I was young, we
>> would use a #10 grinder to make 20 to 30 pounds of sausage at a time.
>>
>> Is there a #22 available? (I have an electric #12 that I bought from
>> Northern a few years ago that works great)
>>

> This one looks smaller, but I cannot find any specs.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2eb8oe

Duh, the number 10 is on the side. So it is the same size. The bigger the
number, the smaller the unit, eh?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"zxcvbob" > wrote
> Is there a #22 available? (I have an electric #12 that I bought from
> Northern a few years ago that works great)

Does this one actually say "52??"

http://tinyurl.com/yraj5k

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote

> Nothing at all wrong with that one, but I would prefere electric.

Just for ease of use?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
> > "Nancy2" wrote

> >> What are you going to fasten it to? You can't use it unless it's
> >> securely fastened to something.

> > Okay, I get it. Tell me this: does it mess up the thing is it clamped
> > to?

> If you put something between the clamp and the table ie cloth or paper, it
> ought not not mess it up
>
> I guess it depends on how posh your table is)

With how modern tables and countertops are made there is really no way
to secure a manual grinder without it causing damage... especially a
grinder of that size... that thingie is almost as large as an
automatic transmission. If you used your kitchen table someone with
an obeastie butt would need to sit on the table lest it move across
the room... and most styles of today's kitchen counters really have no
place to clamp anything. To use such a grinder one would need to
invest in a large heavy table just for that use.... mostly such a
grinder is used by hunters outdoors in cold weather, likely clamped to
a heavy work bench in a garage or tool shed... the meat stays cold
this time of year naturally, the hunters stay warm by slugging down
hootch and jerking each other off with their tales of prowess stalking
Bambie's mom with laser guided gun sights.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> "Ophelia" wrote:
>> cybercat wrote:
>>> "Nancy2" wrote

>>> Okay, I get it. Tell me this: does it mess up the thing is it
>>> clamped to?

>> If you put something between the clamp and the table ie cloth or
>> paper, it ought not not mess it up
>>
>> I guess it depends on how posh your table is)

> With how modern tables and countertops are made there is really no way
> to secure a manual grinder without it causing damage... especially a
> grinder of that size... that thingie is almost as large as an
> automatic transmission. If you used your kitchen table someone with
> an obeastie butt would need to sit on the table lest it move across
> the room... and most styles of today's kitchen counters really have no
> place to clamp anything. To use such a grinder one would need to
> invest in a large heavy table just for that use.... mostly such a
> grinder is used by hunters outdoors in cold weather, likely clamped to
> a heavy work bench in a garage or tool shed... the meat stays cold
> this time of year naturally, the hunters stay warm by slugging down
> hootch and jerking each other off with their tales of prowess stalking
> Bambie's mom with laser guided gun sights.

Don't be silly Shellie!! I have a very large and solid pine table, made to
my specifiations, which can take anything clamped to it.

Wanna test it m'dear? How shall we clamp him girls?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"rosie" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Nov 1, 7:25?pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.
>>
>> (Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
>> old Queen.)
>>
>> This one looks good:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/29479d
>>
>> What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and
>> meatloaf,
>> at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after it
>> arrives.
>>
>> Yes, I am also googling the group.

> Hay Cat, Sheldon knows a lot about the meat grinder, he is full of
> really good information. He is the one who got me enthused about
> grinding my own meat ...
>
> Suck it up and ask him, he will help you.

Thanks. I don't want to grind my own meat that bad though. lol

I will admit to coming across his pearls of meat grinding wisdom in the
Google archives, though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> "zxcvbob" >
>>>
>>> That one is too large for small batches like that. when I was
>>> young, we would use a #10 grinder to make 20 to 30 pounds of sausage
>>> at a time. Is there a #22 available? (I have an electric #12 that I
>>> bought from
>>> Northern a few years ago that works great)
>>>

>> This one looks smaller, but I cannot find any specs.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2eb8oe

> Since it has holes drilledinto it to secure it to the table, are you
> prepared to have screws drilled into your table?
>
> Those clamp ones do at least cause (very little) damage

Ohhh, I see. I had thought the free standing ones were somehow weighted. So
now I have to decide between a clamp-on or an electric. Do you have one?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote

> What are you going to fasten it to? You can't use it unless it's
> securely fastened to something.

Okay, I get it. Tell me this: does it mess up the thing is it clamped to?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Squat body to help stability; and long handle for leverage.

Your personal stats... making a pass at cybersquat. hehe

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote
>>
>> Wanna test it m'dear? How shall we clamp him girls?

> Oh, let me see. How about, by whatever is prone to bleeding
> the most? And not his dick, the clamp does not adjust that small.

Well, you get to choose

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> cybercat wrote:
>>> "Nancy2" > wrote

>>> Okay, I get it. Tell me this: does it mess up the thing is it
>>> clamped to?

>> If you put something between the clamp and the table ie cloth or
>> paper, it ought not not mess it up
>>
>> I guess it depends on how posh your table is)
>>

> The counter and table are not posh, but they are early 60s, with
> little Jetson stars in them and unfinished undersides. Very campy.
> I like them. They don't look like they would hold up well to being
> clamped.
> I need my entire kitchen gutted and redone, but it is not the time
> yet.
> I want to keep from damaging what I have since I have to have it for
> a while.

Ok. Perhaps you could find a solid wee table to use with that grinder?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 2, 1:39 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Nancy2" > wrote
>

> > What are you going to fasten it to? You can't use it unless it's
> > securely fastened to something.

> Okay, I get it. Tell me this: does it mess up the thing is it clamped to?

Of course it will - you will be screwing it down securely, and if you
remove it, there will be holes in the wood you fasten it to. Further,
if you screw it to a table top, then you'll need to make sure the
table won't move with heavy cranking action. If you have a permanent
wooden workbench suitable as a place to grind meat, go for it.
Otherwise, forget it.

I'm afraid that if you are choosing between this hand-cranked model
and an electric one, you should choose the electric one.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 2, 1:39 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Nancy2" > wrote
>

> > What are you going to fasten it to? You can't use it unless it's
> > securely fastened to something.

> Okay, I get it. Tell me this: does it mess up the thing is it clamped to?

Oops, I thought you were asking about the heavy duty one you said you
liked that gets screwed down to a wooden surface. The ones that clamp
don't damage anything - they should come with a rubber gasket-type
thing that goes on the inside of the clamping mechanism to protect the
work surface.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote

> Wanna test it m'dear? How shall we clamp him girls?

Oh, let me see. How about, by whatever is prone to bleeding
the most? And not his dick, the clamp does not adjust that small.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"zxcvbob" > wrote

> "32". That's the largest size you can readily buy plates and knives for.
>
> "22" is smaller, but still pretty big.
>
> "10" and "12" are smaller still and use interchangeable cutters. 10
> clamps to the edge of the table and 12 bolts to it.
>
> There are also #8 and #5 grinders. I would not get anything smaller than
> an #8.

Oh. I see. When you said you had a number 12, from the context of the
post I thought larger numbers meant smaller grinder. Looks like the #10 is
the smallest Northern Tools carries.

Do you have an electric? And if yours is manual does it clamp or screw or
just sit there? Is there no grinder that does not have to be attached to
something,
unless it is electric?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 10:25:49 -0700, rosie wrote:
>
>> Hay Cat, Sheldon knows a lot about the meat grinder,
>> he is full of...

> ...Gregory Morrow (the meat grinder).

eyyuuu.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> "Nancy2" > wrote
>>>>
>>> What are you going to fasten it to? You can't use it unless it's
>>> securely fastened to something.
>>>

>> Okay, I get it. Tell me this: does it mess up the thing is it clamped
>> to?

> If you put something between the clamp and the table ie cloth or paper, it
> ought not not mess it up
>
> I guess it depends on how posh your table is)

The counter and table are not posh, but they are early 60s, with little
Jetson stars in them and unfinished undersides. Very campy. I like
them. They don't look like they would hold up well to being clamped.

I need my entire kitchen gutted and redone, but it is not the time yet.

I want to keep from damaging what I have since I have to have it for
a while.

Meat Grinder [email protected] Barbecue 1 12-11-2009 05:09 PM
Not A Meat Grinder. Andy[_2_] General Cooking 10 06-05-2007 09:55 PM
New meat grinder Nonnymus Barbecue 5 04-12-2006 01:31 PM
meat mincer meat grinder gingerking Cooking Equipment 0 11-06-2006 07:00 AM
meat grinder now what! Survivalbill.com Preserving 9 18-05-2004 12:54 AM