Survivalbill.com

Default meat grinder now what!

ok I got a meat grinder for 50 cents now what do I do with it!
what do you use it for is it only good for grinding meat?

--
_____________________________________

Survival Bill Outdoor Retreat
Website: http://www.survivalbill.com
Message Forum: http://www.survivalbill.com/phpBB2/index.php
Photos: http://www.survivalbill.com/photosa.htm
Sto http://www.survivalbill.com/phpBB2/portal3.php
Emergency Alert System: http://www.survival.com/alarm/on.htm

Gary S.

On Sat, 01 May 2004 20:38:26 GMT, "Survivalbill.com"
> wrote:

>ok I got a meat grinder for 50 cents now what do I do with it!
>what do you use it for is it only good for grinding meat?

The first step in making sausages. Lots of options when you can grind
the meat yourself, and add other ingredients. I've had some very nice
ones with chicken and apples in them.

This group and alt.food.barbecue have good resources for sausage
making. Some meat grinders have attachments to fill sausage casings,
but there are others ways, too.

Fresh grinding your own burgers, with added ingredients, and
controlling the amount of fat. Makes any cut, any meat, no matter how
tough, tender. Especially handy for hunters.

If fine enough, it maybe could do some larger grains.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Magdalena Bassett

"Survivalbill.com" wrote:

> ok I got a meat grinder for 50 cents now what do I do with it!
> what do you use it for is it only good for grinding meat?

I dry old bread cut up in large chunks and grind it to get bread crumbs.
You can also grind walnuts to use in a walnut torte or cakes. You can
grind potatoes for potato pancakes (latkes), or carrots for carrot cake.
Or dried eggshells for an anti-snail barrier.

Or, my favorite until I got the Kitchenaid, apples ground for apple
sauce

For each 1 lb of apples (peeled and cored) measure 6 oz of sugar (3/4
cup)
1 tablespoon of lemon juice per 1 lb of apples
2 whole cloves per 1 lb of apples

Grind apple chunks. Immediately after grinding add lemon juice and mix
well to prevent browning. Mix sugar with enough water to make syrup, add
the cloves and cook rapidly 5 minutes. Discard cloves. Add apples and
cook until partially translucent. Pack into jars and pasteurize.

Note: I don't pasteurize mine, but pack them into hot jars straight from
the drying dishwasher and the applesauce is constantly cooking on low
heat while being packed. The lids get twisted on right away and the jars
turned upside down until cooled. I do the same with other jams, although
I cook most of my jams for days, like grandma did.
Magdalena Bassett

Craig Watts

>> ok I got a meat grinder for 50 cents now what do I do with it!
>> what do you use it for is it only good for grinding meat?

>I dry old bread cut up in large chunks and grind it to get bread crumbs.
>You can also grind walnuts to use in a walnut torte or cakes. You can
>grind potatoes for potato pancakes (latkes), or carrots for carrot cake.

Northern tool dot com, food processing , kits- seasoning

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...egoryId=763641
Blanche Nonken

"Survivalbill.com" > wrote:

> ok I got a meat grinder for 50 cents now what do I do with it!
> what do you use it for is it only good for grinding meat?

I've used it for meat, for fish (when making gefilte fish or other
recipes requiring ground raw fish - dumplings?), for grinding the
veggies when making relish, for making chopped liver (not pate; chopped
liver needs a bit more texture), for grinding chicken when making
Italian sausage...

MOM PEAGRAM

"Survivalbill.com" > wrote in message
> ok I got a meat grinder for 50 cents now what do I do with it!
> what do you use it for is it only good for grinding meat?

Making sausages!

Brian Mailman

Blanche Nonken wrote:

> for making chopped liver (not pate; chopped
> liver needs a bit more texture),

What no hochmesser?

B/
Blanche Nonken

Brian Mailman > wrote:

> Blanche Nonken wrote:
>
> > for making chopped liver (not pate; chopped
> > liver needs a bit more texture),

> What no hochmesser?

I broke it years ago, haven't found just the right replacement. The
hockshissle spent a few years as a ryebread sponge bowl, and the last
year or so is a properly seasoned salad bowl. :-) You can still very
faintly read the bracha shel challah I wrote on the side, because I
could never remember the damned thing and didn't want to crap up my
siddur with bits of eggy damp flour. :-)

(It's all part of the Zionist World Control Conspiracy, don't worry
about the bits you don't understand, just skip this message and move
along. Fnord.)
Gerrit Schenk

It's the only way to get the right texture for relish!Chill the cukes and
grind through coarse blade.

Survivalbill.com

Thanks to all who replied It gave me some Ideas on what to use it for!

--
_____________________________________

Survival Bill Outdoor Retreat
Website: http://www.survivalbill.com
Message Forum: http://www.survivalbill.com/phpBB2/index.php
Photos: http://www.survivalbill.com/photosa.htm
Sto http://www.survivalbill.com/phpBB2/portal3.php
Emergency Alert System: http://www.survival.com/alarm/on.htm

"Survivalbill.com" > wrote in message
> ok I got a meat grinder for 50 cents now what do I do with it!
> what do you use it for is it only good for grinding meat?
>
> --
> _____________________________________
>
> Survival Bill Outdoor Retreat
> Website: http://www.survivalbill.com
> Message Forum: http://www.survivalbill.com/phpBB2/index.php
> Photos: http://www.survivalbill.com/photosa.htm
> Sto http://www.survivalbill.com/phpBB2/portal3.php
> Emergency Alert System: http://www.survival.com/alarm/on.htm

Meat Grinder [email protected] Barbecue 1 12-11-2009 04:09 PM
Meat Grinder cybercat General Cooking 102 07-11-2007 01:21 AM
Not A Meat Grinder. Andy[_2_] General Cooking 10 06-05-2007 09:55 PM
New meat grinder Nonnymus Barbecue 5 04-12-2006 12:31 PM
meat mincer meat grinder gingerking Cooking Equipment 0 11-06-2006 07:00 AM