Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meat Grinder

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:02:20 -0500, cybercat wrote:
>
>> This one looks smaller, but I cannot find any specs.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2eb8oe

> The stainless steel is certainly a huge plus, but for $20-$50
> more you could get a pretty decent electric versions that support
> other types of attachments.

I read a review that said the stainless model did not hold up for
one purchaser. But I think he was grinding whole deer, hooves
and all.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote
>> Ok. Perhaps you could find a solid wee table to use with that
>> grinder?

> Sure I can! Here is the one it looks like is the right size, per bob:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ywt8el

Looks good to me

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote
> Ok. Perhaps you could find a solid wee table to use with that grinder?

Sure I can! Here is the one it looks like is the right size, per bob:

http://tinyurl.com/ywt8el

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"zxcvbob" > wrote:

> There are also #8 and #5 grinders. I would not get anything smaller than
> an #8.

This one looks all right.

http://tinyurl.com/ywt8el

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> "Ophelia" > wrote
>>>
>>> Wanna test it m'dear? How shall we clamp him girls?

>> Oh, let me see. How about, by whatever is prone to bleeding
>> the most? And not his dick, the clamp does not adjust that small.

> Well, you get to choose

If only it were true, lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Fri 02 Nov 2007 11:08:48a, cybercat meant to say...

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote
>>
>> Nothing at all wrong with that one, but I would prefere electric.
>>

> Just for ease of use?

Yes... Call me lazy! :-)

Actually, I would feel that I could be more productive. Also, if you're
inclined to use the sausage stuffer, you have 2 free hands to work with it,
rather than having to crank with one. Of course, that's a moot point if
you have more than one person.

--
Wayne Boatwright

(to e-mail me direct, replace cox dot net with gmail dot com)

Reality is nothing but a collective hunch.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
.184...
> Oh pshaw, on Fri 02 Nov 2007 11:08:48a, cybercat meant to say...
>

>> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote
>>>
>>> Nothing at all wrong with that one, but I would prefere electric.
>>>

>> Just for ease of use?
>>

> Yes... Call me lazy! :-)
>
> Actually, I would feel that I could be more productive. Also, if you're
> inclined to use the sausage stuffer, you have 2 free hands to work with
> it,
> rather than having to crank with one. Of course, that's a moot point if
> you have more than one person.

The chief draw, for me, of a manual *anything* is that it is cheaper to
replace/repair. I am not sure if I would make my own sausage or not. It
sounds tempting. Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote
>> Ok. Perhaps you could find a solid wee table to use with that grinder?

> Sure I can! Here is the one it looks like is the right size, per bob:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ywt8el

That's the *minimum* acceptable size. A #10 or a #12 would be better.

That one should be OK if it's a good quality casting, tin plated (rather
than chrome), etc. But IMHO, that's unlikely. Since all the cast iron
in the world comes from China these days, and there's no brand name on
that grinder, I wouldn't buy it.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

zxcvbob wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
>> "Ophelia" > wrote
>>> Ok. Perhaps you could find a solid wee table to use with that grinder?

>> Sure I can! Here is the one it looks like is the right size, per bob:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/ywt8el
>>

> That's the *minimum* acceptable size. A #10 or a #12 would be better.
>
> That one should be OK if it's a good quality casting, tin plated (rather
> than chrome), etc. But IMHO, that's unlikely. Since all the cast iron
> in the world comes from China these days, and there's no brand name on
> that grinder, I wouldn't buy it.
>
> Bob

Here, this one looks better, even if it might be a bit rusty:

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 2, 10:02?pm, zxcvbob > wrote:
> zxcvbob wrote:
> > cybercat wrote:
> >> "Ophelia" > wrote

> >> Sure I can! Here is the one it looks like is the right size, per bob:

> >>http://tinyurl.com/ywt8el

> > That's the *minimum* acceptable size. A #10 or a #12 would be better.

> > That one should be OK if it's a good quality casting, tin plated (rather
> > than chrome), etc. But IMHO, that's unlikely. Since all the cast iron
> > in the world comes from China these days, and there's no brand name on
> > that grinder, I wouldn't buy it.

> > Bob

> Here, this one looks better, even if it might be a bit rusty:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190169647166

That rust ain't going away, the tin plate is worn away, the tin plate
is going to wear more with use and more and more rust will occur, it's
only gonna get worse... no one in their right mind buys a cancerous
grinder. That grinder was a hunk-a-junk when it was new, now it's
worth nothing, it's unusable.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 2, 11:40?pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "zxcvbob" > wrote
>

> > Here, this one looks better, even if it might be a bit rusty:
> >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190169647166

> Hmm, good price too.

Same price as a piece of your ass... neither is worth it... you
obviously have CCTD (Chronic Cheap **** Disease).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"zxcvbob" > wrote

> Here, this one looks better, even if it might be a bit rusty:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190169647166

Hmm, good price too. Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 2, 9:40?pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "zxcvbob" > wrote
>

> > Here, this one looks better, even if it might be a bit rusty:
> >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190169647166

> Hmm, good price too. Thanks.

I got my electric grinder at Cabelas. $100. The sent it down to
checkout for me. We get down there and wonder why the box was so big.
When we went to payy for it there was a sign saying you could buy a
$100 gift card for $80. I bought the giftcard and used it to buy the
grinder. Later we founf out why the package was so big. There were 2
meat grinders in there. Gave the other one to my Daughter. There is no
way, at my age I would want to hand crank a meat grinder. I have found
if something is hard to use, I don't use it very often. By the way,
when I first started thinking about buying a meat grinder, I emailed
Sheldon. He was very helpful in telling me what to look for. The one
tip that I would never thought of looking at was making sure th feed
tube did not narrow too much at the bottom. Thanks for the help
Sheldon.
Vickie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat > wrote:

> What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and meatloaf,
> at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after it arrives.

I'd look at electric grinders. In the USA, the choice is between those
operating at 110 V and those at 220-240 V. If you only have a 110 V
outlet to use for a grinder, you are screwed. Last I looked (a couple
of years ago), there was only one 110 V grinder (a Panasonic model with
no reverse function) that was not manufactured in China/Laogai. In the
220-240 V category, there was a choice of producing countries.

Here in Germany (where 220-240 V is standard), I have been using a
Moulinex model (Charlotte 4) for decades. It is a good mincer, but so
loud, in spite of its mere 150 W, it is shaking the house foundations.
I am now considering a very good Kenwood MG470 (or MG510, or MG520), or
Braun Power Plus 1300 (also labelled G1300K). In the USA, they can be
found for around $140 or less. These models are probably the best for
non-professional use.

Victor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> "Victor Sack" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> cybercat > wrote:

>> I'd look at electric grinders. In the USA, the choice is between those
>> operating at 110 V and those at 220-240 V. If you only have a 110 V
>> outlet to use for a grinder, you are screwed. Last I looked (a couple
>> of years ago), there was only one 110 V grinder (a Panasonic model with
>> no reverse function) that was not manufactured in China/Laogai. In the
>> 220-240 V category, there was a choice of producing countries.
>>
>> Here in Germany (where 220-240 V is standard), I have been using a
>> Moulinex model (Charlotte 4) for decades. It is a good mincer, but so
>> loud, in spite of its mere 150 W, it is shaking the house foundations.
>> I am now considering a very good Kenwood MG470 (or MG510, or MG520), or
>> Braun Power Plus 1300 (also labelled G1300K). In the USA, they can be
>> found for around $140 or less. These models are probably the best for
>> non-professional use.
>>

> Very good information, Victor. I have a two three-prong outlets (I guess
> that's 220-240 V) in my little kitchen. Anyone with a fridge should have
> at least one.

Unfortunately, that only means that they are grounded 110 outlets. The 220
is quite distinctive and impossible to plug a 110 appliance into. Look at
your dryer plug if you have one. That's almost always 220.

--
http://www.judithgreenwood.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sat 03 Nov 2007 06:35:34a, cybercat meant to say...

> "Victor Sack" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> cybercat > wrote:

>> I'd look at electric grinders. In the USA, the choice is between those
>> operating at 110 V and those at 220-240 V. If you only have a 110 V
>> outlet to use for a grinder, you are screwed. Last I looked (a couple
>> of years ago), there was only one 110 V grinder (a Panasonic model with
>> no reverse function) that was not manufactured in China/Laogai. In the
>> 220-240 V category, there was a choice of producing countries.
>>
>> Here in Germany (where 220-240 V is standard), I have been using a
>> Moulinex model (Charlotte 4) for decades. It is a good mincer, but so
>> loud, in spite of its mere 150 W, it is shaking the house foundations.
>> I am now considering a very good Kenwood MG470 (or MG510, or MG520), or
>> Braun Power Plus 1300 (also labelled G1300K). In the USA, they can be
>> found for around $140 or less. These models are probably the best for
>> non-professional use.
>>

> Very good information, Victor. I have a two three-prong outlets (I guess
> that's 220-240 V) in my little kitchen. Anyone with a fridge should have
> at least one. Given the fact that I know I will be using the grinder for
> years,
> you're probably right. I should just get a decent electric one. I had not
> even thought about noise, and it is a worthy consideration, particularly
> since I really hate scraping the cats off the ceiling.
>
> Have you actually heard the Kenwood or Braun in action? Are they
> quieter than the Moulinex?

Your 3-pringed outlets are most likely 110-115 volt "grounded" outlets,
unless it's an outlet for an electric range. 220 volt current is not
typically installed in US homes except for major appliances like ranges,
electric dryers, etc. The typical household refrigerator uses 110-115 volt
power.

--
Wayne Boatwright

(to e-mail me direct, replace cox dot net with gmail dot com)

It's lonely at the top, but you eat better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sat 03 Nov 2007 06:48:09a, cybercat meant to say...

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> .184...
>> Oh pshaw, on Sat 03 Nov 2007 06:35:34a, cybercat meant to say...
>>

>> Your 3-pringed outlets are most likely 110-115 volt "grounded" outlets,
>> unless it's an outlet for an electric range. 220 volt current is not
>> typically installed in US homes except for major appliances like ranges,
>> electric dryers, etc. The typical household refrigerator uses 110-115
>> volt power.
>>

> Ahh, I see. Well, I could always grind the meat down in the utility room,
> probably the best place for it. It's a kind of "mud room" off of the back
> yard, with a huge old freezer and an extra refrigerator. There is also
> one of the really big three-prong outlets upstairs in the master, where
> someone apparently had a window AC unit.
>
> The question is, do US distributors sell 220 volt meat grinders?
>
> Others who use electric grinders, what do you think about all of this?

Take a look at this site, Cybercat. They carry both 110 and 220 volt
equipment. Honestly, though, I think you could do well with a good quality
110 volt unit, and some on this site are quite good.

You will sometimes see a prejudice against 110 volt appliances from folks
who live abroad.

--
Wayne Boatwright

(to e-mail me direct, replace cox dot net with gmail dot com)

It's lonely at the top, but you eat better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 19:25:51 -0500, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
>>Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.
>>
>>(Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
>>old Queen.)
>>
>>This one looks good:
>>
>>http://tinyurl.com/29479d
>>
>>What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and
>>meatloaf,
>>at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after it arrives.
>>
>>Yes, I am also googling the group.
>>

> You might want to ask on rec.food.equipment, as well.
>
> Christine

Do you have a Kitchen Aid? There is an attachment for grinding meat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Victor Sack" > wrote in message
. ..
> cybercat > wrote:

> I'd look at electric grinders. In the USA, the choice is between those
> operating at 110 V and those at 220-240 V. If you only have a 110 V
> outlet to use for a grinder, you are screwed. Last I looked (a couple
> of years ago), there was only one 110 V grinder (a Panasonic model with
> no reverse function) that was not manufactured in China/Laogai. In the
> 220-240 V category, there was a choice of producing countries.
>
> Here in Germany (where 220-240 V is standard), I have been using a
> Moulinex model (Charlotte 4) for decades. It is a good mincer, but so
> loud, in spite of its mere 150 W, it is shaking the house foundations.
> I am now considering a very good Kenwood MG470 (or MG510, or MG520), or
> Braun Power Plus 1300 (also labelled G1300K). In the USA, they can be
> found for around $140 or less. These models are probably the best for
> non-professional use.

Very good information, Victor. I have a two three-prong outlets (I guess
that's 220-240 V) in my little kitchen. Anyone with a fridge should have
at least one. Given the fact that I know I will be using the grinder for
years,
you're probably right. I should just get a decent electric one. I had not
even thought about noise, and it is a worthy consideration, particularly
since I really hate scraping the cats off the ceiling.

Have you actually heard the Kenwood or Braun in action? Are they
quieter than the Moulinex?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Giusi" > wrote

> Unfortunately, that only means that they are grounded 110 outlets. The
> 220 is quite distinctive and impossible to plug a 110 appliance into.
> Look at your dryer plug if you have one. That's almost always 220.

Make that electric dryers.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
.184...
> Oh pshaw, on Sat 03 Nov 2007 06:35:34a, cybercat meant to say...
>

> Your 3-pringed outlets are most likely 110-115 volt "grounded" outlets,
> unless it's an outlet for an electric range. 220 volt current is not
> typically installed in US homes except for major appliances like ranges,
> electric dryers, etc. The typical household refrigerator uses 110-115
> volt
> power.

Ahh, I see. Well, I could always grind the meat down in the utility room,
probably the best place for it. It's a kind of "mud room" off of the back
yard, with a huge old freezer and an extra refrigerator. There is also
one of the really big three-prong outlets upstairs in the master, where
someone apparently had a window AC unit.

The question is, do US distributors sell 220 volt meat grinders?

Others who use electric grinders, what do you think about all of this?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kswck" > wrote
> Do you have a Kitchen Aid? There is an attachment for grinding meat.

I don't. Do you use yours for grinding meat?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Giusi" > wrote
> Unfortunately, that only means that they are grounded 110 outlets. The
> 220 is quite distinctive and impossible to plug a 110 appliance into.
> Look at your dryer plug if you have one. That's almost always 220.

Thanks, I really know nothing about such things. Obviously,

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 16:59:52 -0700, Christopher Helms wrote:
>
>> From the photo, the handle seems too long. You'll be cranking it with
>> the handle over the edge of the counter while the ground meat drops
>> out in front of you onto...I guess a plate.

> All the manual grinders I've seen are designed that way - to be
> used over the edge of the counter. Even the ones that are taller
> and clamp to the edge of a table/counter.
>
> Squat body to help stability; and long handle for leverage.
>
> -sw

I've got one with a long handle like that. Remember the longer the lever
arm, the easier it is to grind. Just make sure whatever you anchor it to
is hefty enough that it won't lift up if you hit a tough spot in the
meat. Been there, done that when the kitchen table started to tilt the
wrong way. I now use the kitchen counter top to anchor to.
--
Jack N2MPU
Proud NRA Life Member
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> The question is, do US distributors sell 220 volt meat grinders?
>
> Others who use electric grinders, what do you think about all of this?

220V is used for heavy duty stuff. If you are doing 100 or more pounds at a
time it would be useful because you can power a 3 HP motor. Not needed for
home use.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Victor Sack wrote:
> cybercheap wrote:
> > What I want it for is grinding 4-5 lbs of beef max for burgers and meatloaf,
> > at least for now. I'm sure I will find other uses for it after it arrives.

> I'd look at electric grinders. In the USA, the choice is between those
> operating at 110 V and those at 220-240 V. If you only have a 110 V
> outlet to use for a grinder, you are screwed. Last I looked (a couple
> of years ago), there was only one 110 V grinder (a Panasonic model with
> no reverse function) that was not manufactured in China/Laogai. In the
> 220-240 V category, there was a choice of producing countries.
>
> Here in Germany (where 220-240 V is standard), I have been using a
> Moulinex model (Charlotte 4) for decades. It is a good mincer, but so
> loud, in spite of its mere 150 W, it is shaking the house foundations.
> I am now considering a very good Kenwood MG470 (or MG510, or MG520), or
> Braun Power Plus 1300 (also labelled G1300K). In the USA, they can be
> found for around $140 or less. These models are probably the best for
> non-professional use.
>
> Victor

In Europe people are more concerned about energy consumption but less
concerned about appliance longevity, that's why the higher voltage/low
wattage motors... with higher voltage the small motor produces higher
torque while consuming less power, but strains which is why there's
more noise and the motor life it greatly reduced. Remember, wattage
is power *consumed*, NOT power produced... with energy use and power
production there is never anything for free, there are no bonuses.
Europe is also cheating it's energy consumers... it's much less
expensive to transmit higher voltage electric, but they save on not
using step down transformers but instead let the consumer pay in short
lived appliances. In the US there's a step down transformer feeding
nearly every residence, those pieces of equipment are expensive, to
manufacture, to install and maintain... and yes the consumer picks up
that tab in their utility bill but the appliances they buy last much
longer and also cost less to buy, they are also safer to operate, and
higher voltage is especially damaging to solid state electronic
equipment. The US power grid is far more modern than anything in
Europe... the Europeans really haven't upgraded much since before AC
(alternating current), essentially they are still using their ancient
DC (direct current) grid.

In the US only very large commercial grinders require 240V, they are
rated in horsepower (power produced/available), not watts...
commercial appliances use much higher quality motors (more/heavier
windings, etc), far quieter relative to power produced. With many
commercial appliances one can specify voltage when ordering and many
are produced with dual voltage capability (115V or 220V). But no one
needs a small commercial grinder (weighing some 40-80 pounds) for home
use... commercial grinders not only produce more shaft torque
(horsepower) they are designed to operate 24/7. At the very large
commercial meat grinding plants they use grinders as large as cement
trucks, I'd not be surprised were they operating at 440V and producing
50, 75, even 100 horsepower... but those are 10 cow/min machines.

For home use most any small electric grinder will be adequate (the
kitchen aid attachment is much too tiny to be considered a grnder, if
you don't already have one do not buy one). After much investigation
I think the Waring Pro is the best deal for the buck, has more than
adequate power, is large enough to produce a high quality grind, small
enough to store most anywhere, light enough for easy carrying, and
priced so it won't break the bank... plus it has a smooth sleek
stainless steel housing for easy cleaning and it looks nice. Caution:
with all grinding heads do NOT put in dishwasher, wash by hand only...
takes no longer to hand wash a grinder head than to hand wash two
dinner plates... the motor housing just needs a quick wipe with a damp
towel... if you're a normal neat worker (don't have that awful mental
illness of not being able to control themselves from constantly
touching everything with dirty hands) that part rarely needs any
cleaning, just occasional dusting.

A meat grinder will more than pay for itself the first year just in
that you will no longer be ordering burgers or any ground meat dish at
restaurant prices (you ate your last meata ball at at the dago-
teria).... and you'll much more often cook with ground meat instead of
more expensive cuts... I actually more enjoy a 12 ounce ground round
steak that cost like $3/lb than a $8-$10/lb porterhouse... ground beef
has no waste, is easy to cook, and easy to eat... no fat or bone to
deal with. And beef you grind yourself you can cook as rare as you
like... but most important you'll know exactly what/who is in it.

But if you buy some stoopid hand crank grinder regardless the low
price it will be a total waste of money because you will only use it
once, maybe, if you can even figure out where to set it up... and it's
best you can't figure it out becaues it's better you never use it...
just look at those things, they have no feed tube, just a wide mouthed
very shallow hopper, the fercocktah thing will frustrate and make you
irate to where you lose your concentration and attack that stoopid
thing with a vengence... odds are with the very first use you will
amputate a finger... you will probably become hysterical once you
realize you ground your **** finger into the bowl before you knew you
lopped it off, you won't even feel it... you won't realize you lopped
off your finger until you go to grab the next handful of meat and you
can't pick it up... you'll even wonder why those hunks of meat keep
slipping through your fingers until you realize there's a space there
that wasn't there before... your mind won't want to believe it, yolu
will go into shock, and only many hours later when you wake up in the
hospital and see your hand all bandaged will it sink in, and then the
doctor will say you're lucky it was only two fingers.. of course they
couldn't sew them back with micro surgery, you ground your own fingers
into hamburger.

Yoose still want to buy a hand grinder... they don't call it a "hand
grinder" for nuthin ya know.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> "Victor Sack" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > cybercat > wrote:

> > I'd look at electric grinders. In the USA, the choice is between those
> > operating at 110 V and those at 220-240 V. If you only have a 110 V
> > outlet to use for a grinder, you are screwed. Last I looked (a couple
> > of years ago), there was only one 110 V grinder (a Panasonic model with
> > no reverse function) that was not manufactured in China/Laogai. In the
> > 220-240 V category, there was a choice of producing countries.
> >
> > Here in Germany (where 220-240 V is standard), I have been using a
> > Moulinex model (Charlotte 4) for decades. It is a good mincer, but so
> > loud, in spite of its mere 150 W, it is shaking the house foundations.
> > I am now considering a very good Kenwood MG470 (or MG510, or MG520), or
> > Braun Power Plus 1300 (also labelled G1300K). In the USA, they can be
> > found for around $140 or less. These models are probably the best for
> > non-professional use.
> >

> Very good information, Victor. I have a two three-prong outlets (I guess
> that's 220-240 V)

Huh?? I have at least one three-prong plug in my life -- e.g., the
power cord for my computer has three prongs. And the power strip that
it's plugged into has outlets that will accommodate three-prong plugs.
The power strip plugs into the wall outlet with a three-prong plug.

None are 220V, though; they're all 110V.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
says...

http://tinyurl.com/29479d

> What are you going to fasten it to? You can't use it unless it's
> securely fastened to something.
>
> N.

It's cast iron, I doubt if you plunk it down somewhere that it is going
to move that much.

But if you really had to, you could mount this to a large piece of
butcherblock and then secure that to a cheap cart.

I do note the gigantic "MADE IN CHINA" on the side though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 3, 4:45?pm, T > wrote:
> In article . com>,
> says...
>

> > On Nov 1, 7:25 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> > > Some input would be nice, from those of you who may be so inclined.

> > > (Except you, Sheldon, you stupid old dickhead. And you Morrow, you flabby
> > > old Queen.)

> > > This one looks good:

> > >http://tinyurl.com/29479d

> > What are you going to fasten it to? You can't use it unless it's
> > securely fastened to something.

> > N.

> It's cast iron, I doubt if you plunk it down somewhere that it is going
> to move that much.

You've obviously never used a hand grinder.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 4, 12:15?am, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
> > cybercat wrote:
> > > "zxcvbob" >

> > > This one looks smaller, but I cannot find any specs.

> > >http://tinyurl.com/2eb8oe

> > Since it has holes drilledinto it to secure it to the table, are you
> > prepared to have screws drilled into your table?

> > Those clamp ones do at least cause (very little) damage

> No worries, she has a speculum and stirrups drilled right into her dining
> room table so the neighborhood boys can come in for lascivious viewing
> sessions, she charges a solid quarter from what I hear...she calls it
> "cybertwot's THRILL Arcade".

Cybertwot's the one receiving all the THRILLS, knowing young boys are
viewing her cavernous gaping maw without their puking.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> cybercat wrote:
> > "zxcvbob" >
> >>
> >> That one is too large for small batches like that. when I was
> >> young, we would use a #10 grinder to make 20 to 30 pounds of sausage
> >> at a time. Is there a #22 available? (I have an electric #12 that I
> >> bought from
> >> Northern a few years ago that works great)
> >>

> > This one looks smaller, but I cannot find any specs.
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/2eb8oe

> Since it has holes drilledinto it to secure it to the table, are you
> prepared to have screws drilled into your table?
>
> Those clamp ones do at least cause (very little) damage

No worries, she has a speculum and stirrups drilled right into her dining
room table so the neighborhood boys can come in for lascivious viewing
sessions, she charges a solid quarter from what I hear...she calls it
"cybertwot's THRILL Arcade".

:-D

--
Best
Greg

"I am smarter than you think I am"
- Maryanne "Loafhead" Kehoe to me
in alt.gossip.celebrities

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > Squat body to help stability; and long handle for leverage.

> Your personal stats... making a pass at cybersquat. hehe

"The mind judders..."

--
Best
Greg

"I am smarter than you think I am"
- Maryanne "Loafhead" Kehoe to me
in alt.gossip.celebrities

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz squirts:

> On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 10:25:49 -0700, rosie wrote:
>
> > Hay Cat, Sheldon knows a lot about the meat grinder,
> > he is full of...

> ...Gregory Morrow (the meat grinder).

"Steve U ignernt slut..."

--
Best
Greg

"I am smarter than you think I am"
- Maryanne "Loafhead" Kehoe to me
in alt.gossip.celebrities

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin Pawlowski > wrote:

> 220V is used for heavy duty stuff. If you are doing 100 or more pounds at a
> time it would be useful because you can power a 3 HP motor. Not needed for
> home use.

It is not about the power at all. There is nothing wrong with 110V for
home use. It is about where and by whom 110V-grinders are produced. As
I posted, only one model is not produced in China/Laogai, and it happens
to lack a necessary reverse function. The meat grinders I mentioned,
Kenwood and Braun brands, are produced respectively in the UK and
Germany and also happen to be very respectable, quality-wise.

Victor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat > wrote:

> The question is, do US distributors sell 220 volt meat grinders?

Yes, they do, for example
<http://www.newkunst.com/cat.asp?mCat=Small%20Appliance&sCat=Meat%20Grinder >.
This is just an example, not a personal recommendation, as I do not know
anything about this particular retailer.

Victor

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat > wrote:

> Have you actually heard the Kenwood or Braun in action? Are they
> quieter than the Moulinex?

Yes, they are noticeably quieter than my ancient Moulinex, even though
they are rather more powerful. I do not know if they are quite enough
for your cats, though. :-)

Victor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Victor Sack" > wrote in message
> Edwin Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> 220V is used for heavy duty stuff. If you are doing 100 or more pounds
>> at a
>> time it would be useful because you can power a 3 HP motor. Not needed
>> for
>> home use.

> It is not about the power at all. There is nothing wrong with 110V for
> home use. It is about where and by whom 110V-grinders are produced.

No, it is about the practicality and sensibility of using 220V in a typical
USA home kitchen. It is just not needed and is very rare to find a 220V
circuit in a home kitchen..

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Yes and for grinding pork for sausage.

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Kswck" > wrote
>> Do you have a Kitchen Aid? There is an attachment for grinding meat.

> I don't. Do you use yours for grinding meat?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 04 Nov 2007 06:11:23a, Edwin Pawlowski meant to say...

> "Victor Sack" > wrote in message
>> Edwin Pawlowski > wrote:
>>
>>> 220V is used for heavy duty stuff. If you are doing 100 or more
>>> pounds at a
>>> time it would be useful because you can power a 3 HP motor. Not
>>> needed for home use.

>> It is not about the power at all. There is nothing wrong with 110V for
>> home use. It is about where and by whom 110V-grinders are produced.

> No, it is about the practicality and sensibility of using 220V in a
> typical USA home kitchen. It is just not needed and is very rare to find
> a 220V circuit in a home kitchen..

Exactly. Just because much of the world spins on 220V doesn't mean it
applies to the US.

In recent years, I doubt I've seen any 220V circuits in homes except for
electric ranges, electric clothes dryers, and, of course, electric
furnaces. Years ago, it was not all that uncommon for there to be 220V
space heaters, but space heaters in general are not as common anymore.

--
Wayne Boatwright

(to e-mail me direct, replace cox dot net with gmail dot com)

It's lonely at the top, but you eat better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 4, 8:20?am, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
> Oh pshaw, on Sun 04 Nov 2007 06:11:23a, Edwin Pawlowski meant to say...
>

> > "Victor Sack" > wrote in message
> .. .

> >> It is not about the power at all. There is nothing wrong with 110V for
> >> home use. It is about where and by whom 110V-grinders are produced.

> > No, it is about the practicality and sensibility of using 220V in a
> > typical USA home kitchen. It is just not needed and is very rare to find
> > a 220V circuit in a home kitchen..

> Exactly. Just because much of the world spins on 220V doesn't mean it
> applies to the US.
>
> In recent years, I doubt I've seen any 220V circuits in homes except for
> electric ranges, electric clothes dryers, and, of course, electric
> furnaces. Years ago, it was not all that uncommon for there to be 220V
> space heaters, but space heaters in general are not as common anymore.

Every home in the US has 220V entering the main panel, but there it is
split into many 110V branch circuits and a lesser number of 220V
dedicated circuits... there would typically be some number of
appliances energized from one 110V branch circuit and some dedicated
110V circuits such as for refrigerators, but 220V dedicated circuits
energize one appliance each. And there could be many 220V circuits
per residence besides the typical electric stove and electric clothes
dryer. I'm not sure what you mean by electric furnace (I guess forced
hot air), but oil fired furnaces are also wired with 220V for ignition
but use 110V for controls and circulators. Hot water heaters are
typically 220V. But there are also 220V circuits for central AC (and
even some larger room ac units), pool heaters, spas and jet tubs. And
many people these days have hobbies utilizing equipment requiring
220V; wood working shops and pottery studios are common, many people
are backyard auto mechnics and have 220V compressors.

Sheldon

Meat Grinder [email protected] Barbecue 1 12-11-2009 04:09 PM
Not A Meat Grinder. Andy[_2_] General Cooking 10 06-05-2007 09:55 PM
New meat grinder Nonnymus Barbecue 5 04-12-2006 12:31 PM
meat mincer meat grinder gingerking Cooking Equipment 0 11-06-2006 07:00 AM
meat grinder now what! Survivalbill.com Preserving 9 18-05-2004 12:54 AM