Old 19-07-2007, 12:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hot Temperature !!!!

I think I will take a shower befor sleeping. Here it is very very hot. I
have inside my house 81.86 F (27.7C)
outside (and I dont't live in the city, but at 550 mt ) is 82.94 F
(28.3C). My mother telephoned me just now and told me in Rome they are on
104 F (40C).
Tell me what is the situation where do you live (especially in US).
Thank you
------
Pandora who is going to take a cold shower and doesn't know if she can sleep
in this afternoon (fortytwo past one PM here)

--
Kisses
Pandora

Old 19-07-2007, 12:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:

I think I will take a shower befor sleeping. Here it is very very hot. I
have inside my house 81.86 F (27.7C)
outside (and I dont't live in the city, but at 550 mt ) is 82.94 F
(28.3C). My mother telephoned me just now and told me in Rome they are on
104 F (40C).
Tell me what is the situation where do you live (especially in US).

Here in the middle of the Niagara Peninsula it is a very comfortable 23 C
with light rain.

------

Old 19-07-2007, 01:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" ha scritto nel messaggio
Pandora wrote:

I think I will take a shower befor sleeping. Here it is very very hot. I
have inside my house 81.86 F (27.7C)
outside (and I dont't live in the city, but at 550 mt ) is 82.94 F
(28.3C). My mother telephoned me just now and told me in Rome they are
on
104 F (40C).
Tell me what is the situation where do you live (especially in US).

Here in the middle of the Niagara Peninsula it is a very comfortable 23 C
with light rain.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhh!!!!
Could I come there?
I would make debits to go there ))))
thank you for your answer

--
Kisses
Pandora

Old 19-07-2007, 01:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:

I think I will take a shower befor sleeping. Here it is very very
hot. I have inside my house 81.86 F (27.7C)
outside (and I dont't live in the city, but at 550 mt ) is 82.94 F
(28.3C). My mother telephoned me just now and told me in Rome they
are on 104 F (40C).

Here at work I'm at 23C, heaven, and at home it's around 27C, but
outise... sigh, it's almost 36C now...
Brixen was friggin' fresher than here! And there were very good "finferli"
(Cantharellus cibarius), I made some with them and it's divine, both there
in Brixen and here after my return.

Recipe for 3 persons:

200 g fresh finferli
80 g butter
2 cloves, garlic
a very small bunch, parsley
1 cup bechamel
1 quart vegetable broth (not all is needed)

Metl the butter in a pan and add the garlic, let it fry for a minute or two
(you don't need it to turn blonde-brownish) and then add the finferli: they
must be coarsely chopped (1/4), mediumly chopped (1/2) and very finaly
minced (1/4). Let the mushrooms loose theyr water, and when the water starts
to evaporate (it should take about 10 minutes) just add the bechamel and a
portion of the broth. How much broth to use? Just check the density of the
soup as you pour the broth, when it's as you want it just stop adding broth.
On monday I made it using a little bit more than half the broth, one could
prefer the soup more runny so could add more broth.
Recipe stolen from a dish I ate in Germany and then discussed with the
friends on the italian NG to figure out how they did such a soup (sppe, in
german). And we got it right, this soup is divine. Obviously, one needs
fresh and GOOD finferli (here in Reggio Emilia we find only sad, untasty
finferli).
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Old 19-07-2007, 01:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Vilco" ha scritto nel messaggio
Pandora wrote:

I think I will take a shower befor sleeping. Here it is very very
hot. I have inside my house 81.86 F (27.7C)
outside (and I dont't live in the city, but at 550 mt ) is 82.94 F
(28.3C). My mother telephoned me just now and told me in Rome they
are on 104 F (40C).

Here at work I'm at 23C, heaven, and at home it's around 27C, but
outise... sigh, it's almost 36C now...

Ohh Vilco I hope you have a car more beautiful than mine. I have a Dhiatsu
Feroza Jeep of 1997 and it is without air condicioned. ((((
But-...remember me... do you live in Bologna? Or Am I wrong?

Brixen was friggin' fresher than here! And there were very good "finferli"
(Cantharellus cibarius), I made some with them and it's divine, both there
in Brixen and here after my return.

What are Brixen?
BTW I lilke this recipe because I like Mushrooms . Now I copy and paste.
I haven't seen finferli mushrooms here. Perhaps it's because don't rain.
I will try it when I will find them.

--
Kisses
Pandora

Old 19-07-2007, 02:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:

I live in Reggio Emilia, west of Bologna, you know

What are Brixen?

The city of Bressanone: Brixen in german, the first language there. It's
between Bolzano and Brennero. Land of outstanding wines! (Hofsttter,
Neustift, Franz Haas, Terlan, tramin...)

BTW I lilke this recipe because I like Mushrooms . Now I copy and
paste. I haven't seen finferli mushrooms here. Perhaps it's because
don't rain. I will try it when I will find them.

Yes, they had a lucky spring and a humid summer start, so they are getting
'shrooms everywhere.
You'll probably see them around end of august, if you're still up there over
Turin.
Keep an open eye for them, in my opinion they are far better than porcini
(Boletus Edulis): slightly more subtle, definitely more elegant and complex.
Best wine pairing with the soup recipe: a sauvignon from the same area, as
the mighty Quarz 2004 from Kellerei Terlan.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Old 19-07-2007, 03:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pandora" wrote in message
I think I will take a shower befor sleeping. Here it is very very hot. I
have inside my house 81.86 F (27.7C)
outside (and I dont't live in the city, but at 550 mt ) is 82.94 F
(28.3C). My mother telephoned me just now and told me in Rome they are on
104 F (40C).
Tell me what is the situation where do you live (especially in US).
Thank you
------
Pandora who is going to take a cold shower and doesn't know if she can
sleep in this afternoon (fortytwo past one PM here)

You're in ITALY, though! I would be happy to broil in Italy!

Old 19-07-2007, 03:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:

I live in Reggio Emilia, west of Bologna, you know

Oh! Ys, now I remember. Very hot there!

What are Brixen?

The city of Bressanone: Brixen in german, the first language there. It's
between Bolzano and Brennero. Land of outstanding wines! (Hofsttter,
Neustift, Franz Haas, Terlan, tramin...)

Ohhhh! Brixen is Bressanone? I didn't know. Ionly know the wine "traminer"
but I thought was a Friuli wine.

BTW I lilke this recipe because I like Mushrooms . Now I copy and
paste. I haven't seen finferli mushrooms here. Perhaps it's because
don't rain. I will try it when I will find them.

Yes, they had a lucky spring and a humid summer start, so they are getting
'shrooms everywhere.
You'll probably see them around end of august, if you're still up there
over Turin.

Yes. I Am here also in august and I hope it rains.

Keep an open eye for them, in my opinion they are far better than porcini
(Boletus Edulis): slightly more subtle, definitely more elegant and
complex.

I don't know if I agree with you. Porcini are my favourite for flavour.
Finferli are not so tasty IMO.
But I must say I have eaten them only one time in my life

Best wine pairing with the soup recipe: a sauvignon from the same area, as
the mighty Quarz 2004 from Kellerei Terlan.

Uauhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Un intenditore, sei. And I don't know Quarz 2004.

--
Kisses
Pandora

Old 19-07-2007, 04:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" ha scritto nel messaggio
.. .

"Pandora" wrote in message
I think I will take a shower befor sleeping. Here it is very very hot. I
have inside my house 81.86 F (27.7C)
outside (and I dont't live in the city, but at 550 mt ) is 82.94 F
(28.3C). My mother telephoned me just now and told me in Rome they are
on 104 F (40C).
Tell me what is the situation where do you live (especially in US).
Thank you
------
Pandora who is going to take a cold shower and doesn't know if she can
sleep in this afternoon (fortytwo past one PM here)

You're in ITALY, though! I would be happy to broil in Italy!

I dont' think it's a good thing )

--
Kisses
Pandora

Old 19-07-2007, 05:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 13:42:15 +0200, "Pandora"
wrote:

I think I will take a shower befor sleeping. Here it is very very hot. I
have inside my house 81.86 F (27.7C)
outside (and I dont't live in the city, but at 550 mt ) is 82.94 F
(28.3C). My mother telephoned me just now and told me in Rome they are on
104 F (40C).
Tell me what is the situation where do you live (especially in US).
Thank you
------
Pandora who is going to take a cold shower and doesn't know if she can sleep
in this afternoon (fortytwo past one PM here)

I was in Europe last year during the heat wave, don't want to repeat
that again! Ugh. I'm heading for Canada in a couple of days, current
temperatures in Ashland, Portland, Seattle and Vancouver are all about
the same as mine so I should be ok. I-5 in California will be a
killer though, thank goodness for auto air conditioning!

We have a high overcast and 62F (16.67C) outside at the moment - it
will climb to 70F today. Humidity is 69%.

--

A husband is someone who takes out the trash and gives the impression he just cleaned the whole house.

Old 19-07-2007, 06:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

yES! The car with air conditioning will be my next purchase !!!

We have a high overcast and 62F (16.67C) outside at the moment - it
will climb to 70F today. Humidity is 69%.

You are fresh! My higrometre signe 12% of umidity!!!! It's not
possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for yor news

--
Kisses
Pandora

Old 19-07-2007, 11:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:
I think I will take a shower befor sleeping. Here it is very very hot. I
have inside my house 81.86 F (27.7C)
outside (and I dont't live in the city, but at 550 mt ) is 82.94 F
(28.3C). My mother telephoned me just now and told me in Rome they are on
104 F (40C).
Tell me what is the situation where do you live (especially in US).
Thank you
------
Pandora who is going to take a cold shower and doesn't know if she can sleep
in this afternoon (fortytwo past one PM here)

You have my sympathy. We were in Sweden a few weeks ago and it was cool
and rainy the whole time. We came back to Colorado to find temperatures
in the mid-to-high 90's. And our air conditioner failed four days ago.
It will be repaired Tuesday, but in the meantime the forecast is for 100
degree F temperatures in the Denver area this weekend.

gloria p
Old 19-07-2007, 11:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I think I will take a shower befor sleeping. Here it is very very hot. I
have inside my house 81.86 F (27.7C)
outside (and I dont't live in the city, but at 550 mt ) is 82.94 F
(28.3C).

You must have calculated the deg F for us. I'm guessing you don't
have a thermometer that takes outside temperature to such precision!

Sue(tm)
Old 19-07-2007, 11:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:
I think I will take a shower befor sleeping. Here it is very very
hot. I have inside my house 81.86 F (27.7C) outside (and I dont't
live in the city, but at 550 mt ) is 82.94 F (28.3C). My mother
telephoned me just now and told me in Rome they are on 104 F (40C).
Tell me what is the situation where do you live (especially in US).

It's pretty cool here for July, right now. I'm in Los Angeles, USA. My
building-shaded outdoor probe shows 90.5 F as I write. It's 90 F here
at my desk; I haven't needed to turn on the air conditioning, but I'm
sitting in the breeze of a desk fan. It's about 4 PM.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Old 20-07-2007, 12:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

"Pandora" dropped this turd
: in rec.food.cooking

I think I will take a shower befor sleeping. Here it is very very
hot. I have inside my house 81.86 F (27.70C)
outside (and I dont't live in the city, but at 550 mt ) is 82.94 F
(28.30C). My mother telephoned me just now and told me in Rome they
are on 104 F (400C).
Tell me what is the situation where do you live (especially in US).
Thank you
------
Pandora who is going to take a cold shower and doesn't know if she
can sleep in this afternoon (fortytwo past one PM here)

Mid to upper 90s most of this week and last week.

On the whole, pretty reasonable this summer, especially compared to
some of the areas to the west.

We're just now
getting a break. The temp has drastically dropped and we've got
beautiful, glorious RAIN.

And thunderboomers.

Forecast is for a very nice weekend.

Brian

won't shut up.

Temperature [email protected] Cooking Equipment 0 24-04-2008 09:05 PM
temperature? Mike Winemaking 0 21-05-2005 11:13 PM
what temperature Me Wine 13 09-05-2004 10:34 PM
Must Temperature Don Winemaking 6 10-03-2004 12:35 AM
Temperature Amadeu Winemaking 3 09-12-2003 02:25 AM