Posted to rec.food.cooking
Vilco[_1_] Vilco[_1_] is offline

Default Hot Temperature !!!!

Pandora wrote:

> I think I will take a shower befor sleeping. Here it is very very
> hot. I have inside my house 81.86 F (27.7°C)
> outside (and I dont't live in the city, but at 550 mt ) is 82.94 F
> (28.3°C). My mother telephoned me just now and told me in Rome they
> are on 104 F (40°C).

Here at work I'm at 23°C, heaven, and at home it's around 27°C, but
outise... sigh, it's almost 36°C now...
Brixen was friggin' fresher than here! And there were very good "finferli"
(Cantharellus cibarius), I made some with them and it's divine, both there
in Brixen and here after my return.

Recipe for 3 persons:

200 g fresh finferli
80 g butter
2 cloves, garlic
a very small bunch, parsley
1 cup bechamel
1 quart vegetable broth (not all is needed)

Metl the butter in a pan and add the garlic, let it fry for a minute or two
(you don't need it to turn blonde-brownish) and then add the finferli: they
must be coarsely chopped (1/4), mediumly chopped (1/2) and very finaly
minced (1/4). Let the mushrooms loose theyr water, and when the water starts
to evaporate (it should take about 10 minutes) just add the bechamel and a
portion of the broth. How much broth to use? Just check the density of the
soup as you pour the broth, when it's as you want it just stop adding broth.
On monday I made it using a little bit more than half the broth, one could
prefer the soup more runny so could add more broth.
Recipe stolen from a dish I ate in Germany and then discussed with the
friends on the italian NG to figure out how they did such a soup (süppe, in
german). And we got it right, this soup is divine. Obviously, one needs
fresh and GOOD finferli (here in Reggio Emilia we find only sad, untasty
finferli).
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'