Posted to rec.food.cooking
Vilco[_1_] Vilco[_1_] is offline

Default Hot Temperature !!!!

Pandora wrote:

I live in Reggio Emilia, west of Bologna, you know

> What are Brixen?

The city of Bressanone: Brixen in german, the first language there. It's
between Bolzano and Brennero. Land of outstanding wines! (Hofstätter,
Neustift, Franz Haas, Terlan, tramin...)

> BTW I lilke this recipe because I like Mushrooms . Now I copy and
> paste. I haven't seen finferli mushrooms here. Perhaps it's because
> don't rain. I will try it when I will find them.

Yes, they had a lucky spring and a humid summer start, so they are getting
'shrooms everywhere.
You'll probably see them around end of august, if you're still up there over
Turin.
Keep an open eye for them, in my opinion they are far better than porcini
(Boletus Edulis): slightly more subtle, definitely more elegant and complex.
Best wine pairing with the soup recipe: a sauvignon from the same area, as
the mighty Quarz 2004 from Kellerei Terlan.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'