Old 25-07-2011, 10:40 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tonight's dinner.

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
On 7/24/2011 8:10 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

"RodS" wrote in message
On 25/07/2011 7:23 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

"RodS" wrote in message

snip
Lol, scones and gravy I think or similar.

Thanks for all the answers, I am now adding Sausage gravy along with
Grits to my bucket list of things I never need to eat :-)

lol, and canned chicken?

Actually, near the tuna now there is small cans of snack chicken with
mayo I think. I put it on my son's "lunch - 11pm, lol" and he never
said
anything about it. But this is the ex-Maccas kid who lived and
breathed
Maccas food

Jan, imagine my horror when hubby proudly came home with canned
chicken!!!!

I have NO idea what to do with THAT.

Well, he brought it camping and made curried butter chicken with it.
Wow, it actually almost tasted like real chicken!

LOL

I am glad you liked it, I don't think I will ever be trying it The
one and only time I saw chicken in a can here, apart from the the
shredded stuff in snack size cans (like tuna) I remember thinking how
the heck do they fit a whole chook in that can.

Old 25-07-2011, 10:46 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" wrote in message
you guys have Kentucky fried chicken there in roo land..if you ever
had one of their biscuits..thats what you'd eat the gravy on.

mmmmm...kfc biscuits...

I miss those and the coleslaw

the chicken..not so much...

I worked there for a year as a kid and knowing what was behind the
curtain would only eat the biscuits/gravy/nuggets...the rest I never
ate again...lol

as the whackadoo mel gibson once said their green chicken is
disgusting..

KROM

Hehe, we don't have the biscuits and the chicken here is fine, for
takeaway stuff.
The coleslaw used to be wonderful, now it is made too far ahead and
comes with the peel off foil lids. The bean salad what what I lived for
there and alas it is no more ;(

Old 25-07-2011, 11:30 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"KROM" wrote in message
you guys have Kentucky fried chicken there in roo land..if you ever had
one of their biscuits..thats what you'd eat the gravy on.

mmmmm...kfc biscuits...

I miss those and the coleslaw

the chicken..not so much...

I worked there for a year as a kid and knowing what was behind the
curtain would only eat the biscuits/gravy/nuggets...the rest I never ate
again...lol

as the whackadoo mel gibson once said their green chicken is disgusting..

KROM

Hehe, we don't have the biscuits and the chicken here is fine, for
takeaway stuff.
The coleslaw used to be wonderful, now it is made too far ahead and comes
with the peel off foil lids. The bean salad what what I lived for there
and alas it is no more ;(

Once, many, many years ago, my brothers brought a bucket to a function and
there were maggots in the bottom. Probably in the container itself, but I
never liked KFC chicken after that at all. :-)

Cheri

Old 25-07-2011, 11:50 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"KROM" wrote in message
[...]

The sad thing is that perhaps they were spraying flies back then and one
blow fly managed to drop its maggots as it died. My son used to work for
a large Maccas on a busy freeway. It was tucked in off the road amongst
dense bushland and rats gravitated towards it. They find it extremely
hard to keep rats out as it is a 24/7 never shut the doors
establishment. It was publicly named and shamed on the Health Dept
website which was a shame as I knew the lengths they went to keep them
out and the cleanliness levels they adhered to. They had a rat patrol
set up like toilet cleaning roster. Toilets were cleaned every hour and
store room checked every hour round the clock. The store room was the
only place they ever went into as their was no regular human traffic and
never did they chew threw any containers, never had the chance. But once
you get the name and shame nothing will convince people otherwise.

Old 26-07-2011, 02:35 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" wrote in message

[...]

The stuff I buy is like tuna.

Old 26-07-2011, 02:37 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"KROM" wrote in message
you guys have Kentucky fried chicken there in roo land..if you ever had
one of their biscuits..that's what you'd eat the gravy on.

mmmmm...kfc biscuits...

I miss those and the coleslaw

the chicken..not so much...

I worked there for a year as a kid and knowing what was behind the
curtain would only eat the biscuits/gravy/nuggets...the rest I never ate
again...lol

as the whackadoo mel gibson once said their green chicken is disgusting..

KROM

Hehe, we don't have the biscuits and the chicken here is fine, for
takeaway stuff.
The coleslaw used to be wonderful, now it is made too far ahead and comes
with the peel off foil lids. The bean salad what what I lived for there
and alas it is no more ;(

Thankfully we never had it much. The only thing I would eat was the mashed
potatoes and the biscuits although for biscuits they weren't very good.

Old 26-07-2011, 02:45 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"KROM" wrote in message
[...]

When I worked at K Mart we had a serious problem with rats and roaches. The
problem? We had a suspended ceiling that fed into the other businesses in
the strip mall we were in. So while we took precautions, the other
businesses did not and their vermin got into our place.

Currently I am having a problem with my neighbor who hasn't mowed his lawn
in over a year. Normally he does it only once a year on July 3rd. But he
didn't this year. I did see online that a house on this block has been
foreclosed on and while it doesn't give the address, it does appear from the
description to be his. He took it from a tiny house up to a big one then
ran out of money to finish it. And it looks it! I think he may have been
depressed or something. I always thought he was very good looking but then
last year he didn't cut his hair and grew a beard that hung almost to the
ground. He looked awful. He has since shaved although I haven't seen him
in many months. Normally he comes over here on the 4th but he didn't this
year. I was worried because his truck hadn't moved for many days. But
since then I have seen it has moved at least twice. Still haven't seen him
though.

Anyway... Terminix said all of the bait was eaten from our rat and mouse
traps but no bodies were inside. So I think they are living in his grass.
Angela is now 5'6". His grass was taller than she was but then a heavy rain
knocked it over. It is since starting to pop back up. It is very dry and I
think it is not only a fire hazard but a breeding ground for vermin. But my
dad said the city probably won't do anything about it because there are just
sooo many houses in the same state. Because of the economy, people are just
abandoning their houses and nothing is being done to them.

Old 26-07-2011, 04:17 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" wrote in message

[...]

this isn't a whole chicken!!!!!! LOL

kate
Old 26-07-2011, 04:27 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" wrote in message
[...]

But you can get it that way. I saw it at Winco. It was a rather large can.
But I suspect a rather small chicken.

Old 26-07-2011, 05:45 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" wrote in message
[...]

I first saw canned chicken here a while ago and it looked like this:
http://gizmodo.com/5234444/oh-god-it...icken-in-a-can

The stuff I have actually bought is the shredded, flavoured stuff in
snack cans, sandwich stuff. Its the whole chicken that sorta turns my
stomach lol.

Old 26-07-2011, 05:50 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 26/07/2011 2:45 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

I first saw canned chicken here a while ago and it looked like this:
http://gizmodo.com/5234444/oh-god-it...icken-in-a-can

The stuff I have actually bought is the shredded, flavoured stuff in
snack cans, sandwich stuff. Its the whole chicken that sorta turns my
stomach lol.

I wonder if it tastes like tuna :-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia
Old 26-07-2011, 05:52 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 26/07/2011 4:38 AM, KROM wrote:
you guys have Kentucky fried chicken there in roo land..if you ever had
one of their biscuits..thats what you'd eat the gravy on.

mmmmm...kfc biscuits...

Not on the menu here :-)

"RodS" wrote in message ...

On 25/07/2011 7:23 AM, Ozgirl wrote:

"RodS" wrote in message
On 24/07/2011 1:25 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

I don't usually get food cravings although oddly today I was craving
biscuits with sausage gravy

I have no idea what biscuits and sausage gravy are.

Tim Tams and pureed sausage ?

--
(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
Old 26-07-2011, 05:57 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" wrote in message
On 26/07/2011 2:45 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

I first saw canned chicken here a while ago and it looked like this:
http://gizmodo.com/5234444/oh-god-it...icken-in-a-can

The stuff I have actually bought is the shredded, flavoured stuff in
snack cans, sandwich stuff. Its the whole chicken that sorta turns my
stomach lol.

I wonder if it tastes like tuna :-)

Oh, oh and oh!! Look at this!
http://ihatemymessageboard.com/2009/...cken-in-a-can/ My
chicken other than stirfry has to be brown and crispy on the outside.

Old 26-07-2011, 06:11 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"RodS" wrote in message
[...]

Yep! Just look at this!

http://foodnetworkhumor.com/2009/04/...n-a-can-yummo/

Actually Sweet Sue is the brand of chicken and dumplings we used to carry at
K Mart. They bore no resemblance whatever to chicken and dumplings made
from scratch but they were good in a rib stickingly weird sort of way.

Old 26-07-2011, 10:35 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 26/07/2011 2:57 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

"RodS" wrote in message ...
On 26/07/2011 2:45 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

I first saw canned chicken here a while ago and it looked like this:
http://gizmodo.com/5234444/oh-god-it...icken-in-a-can

The stuff I have actually bought is the shredded, flavoured stuff in
snack cans, sandwich stuff. Its the whole chicken that sorta turns my
stomach lol.

I wonder if it tastes like tuna :-)

Oh, oh and oh!! Look at this!
http://ihatemymessageboard.com/2009/...cken-in-a-can/ My
chicken other than stirfry has to be brown and crispy on the outside.

Seems like an expensive way to feed cats lousy meat :-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia