Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tonight's dinner.

not having the biscuits is stupid..its southern food and biscuits..cornbread
and beans and slaw are required..

might as well not call it kfc..

EVERY place has a version of fried chicken of some sort...so what makes kfc
special was the sides and getting a southern style meal in a box or a
bucket..lol

anyhoo they had the best buttermilk biscuits ever...a pat of butter and a
drizzle of honey...mmmmm

Alton brow does have a very good recipe from the tv show good eats..those
were as good..

sadly cant eat em anyhoo..I tried to make them with carbalose and it wasnt
very good...

KROM

"RodS" wrote in message ...

On 26/07/2011 4:38 AM, KROM wrote:
> you guys have Kentucky fried chicken there in roo land..if you ever had
> one of their biscuits..thats what you'd eat the gravy on.
>
> mmmmm...kfc biscuits...

Not on the menu here :-)

--
(- -)
=m=(_)=m=

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message
> I have made coleslaw with splenda etc and it was good..just wasnt the
> exact same as the kfc version...I used to love those dessert cups too

What did you get? Here it was cheesecake or mousse. I always went for
the cheesecake. No idea if they still do them anymore.

KROM

> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>
> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> you guys have Kentucky fried chicken there in roo land..if you ever
>> had one of their biscuits..thats what you'd eat the gravy on.
>>
>> mmmmm...kfc biscuits...
>>
>> I miss those and the coleslaw
>>
>> the chicken..not so much...
>>
>> I worked there for a year as a kid and knowing what was behind the
>> curtain would only eat the biscuits/gravy/nuggets...the rest I never
>> ate again...lol
>>
>> as the whackadoo mel gibson once said their green chicken is
>> disgusting..
>>
>> KROM

> And they used to grind chicken skin into the gravy when my nephew
> worked
> there. Why can't you have the coleslaw? Make it yourself.
>
> Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message
> you can buy pretty much everything in a can in japan

Scary thought. I have made a decision that I will buy a kangaroo steak
and at least take one bite. I have avoided this for a long time but I
figure you never never know if you never never go

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message
> ewwwww!
>
> I used to LOVE taco johns..ate it often..then my mom bit down in her
> salad and got up and threw up...a lot...once she was capable of
> speaking she showed a bitten into rhino bug thingy it was huge!
>
> we go to the manager and he shrugs and says "yeah we get the lettuce
> in bags from mexico pre shredded and sometimes there's things in
> them".
>
> gave her her money back reluctantly..if I recall he insisted she only
> get the salads value back and not the rest of the meal which we also
> of course refused to eat nor did we want a new salad which was also
> his thinking..lol

But but but.. she never had the food? It was left there, slightly used
but still there, on the floor presumably?

In a steakhouse I was once given a salad that had something black and
slimy. I called the young waitress over and she said it was a type of
lettuce?? I said um no, there is no black, slimy lettuce unless its been
in the back of the fridge for months I asked to see the manager and
showed her the "lettuce" and her only comment was that oh, that should
have been thrown out, I'll speak to the kitchen staff!!!! When we paid
the bill she "generously" took a small amount off for the salad
component - it was part of the meal not an extra like in a side salad
for instance.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl wrote:
> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> ewwwww!
>>
>> I used to LOVE taco johns..ate it often..then my mom bit down in her
>> salad and got up and threw up...a lot...once she was capable of
>> speaking she showed a bitten into rhino bug thingy it was huge!
>>
>> we go to the manager and he shrugs and says "yeah we get the lettuce
>> in bags from mexico pre shredded and sometimes there's things in
>> them".
>>
>> gave her her money back reluctantly..if I recall he insisted she only
>> get the salads value back and not the rest of the meal which we also
>> of course refused to eat nor did we want a new salad which was also
>> his thinking..lol

> But but but.. she never had the food? It was left there, slightly used
> but still there, on the floor presumably?
>
> In a steakhouse I was once given a salad that had something black and
> slimy. I called the young waitress over and she said it was a type of
> lettuce?? I said um no, there is no black, slimy lettuce unless its
> been in the back of the fridge for months I asked to see the
> manager and showed her the "lettuce" and her only comment was that
> oh, that should have been thrown out, I'll speak to the kitchen
> staff!!!! When we paid the bill she "generously" took a small amount
> off for the salad component - it was part of the meal not an extra
> like in a side salad for instance.

I once had a piece of pie with half of a cockroach in it. The waitress took
it into the kitchen, screamed, and we heard about 5 more screams. Then she
came back and offered to cut me a piece from the other side of the pie. I
declined and she took it off of my bill. She said they didn't make the pies
onsite but gave me the name of the bakery. It was the same one we got pies
for K Mart from. It went out of business not long after that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> you can buy pretty much everything in a can in japan

> Scary thought. I have made a decision that I will buy a kangaroo steak and
> at least take one bite. I have avoided this for a long time but I figure
> you never never know if you never never go

You're like me with the horsemeat when it was for sale in CA many years ago,
then they voted it out. I just never could make myself try it.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>>

>> "KROM" > wrote in message
>>> you can buy pretty much everything in a can in japan

>> Scary thought. I have made a decision that I will buy a kangaroo
>> steak and at least take one bite. I have avoided this for a long
>> time but I figure you never never know if you never never go

> You're like me with the horsemeat when it was for sale in CA many
> years ago, then they voted it out. I just never could make myself try
> it.

The rumor was going around when I was in school that they put horse meat in
the hamburgers. I'm sure that wasn't true but I don't know what it was. It
was a pale brown and had a super soft texture. It did not taste like meat
at all.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> Cheri wrote:

>>> Scary thought. I have made a decision that I will buy a kangaroo
>>> steak and at least take one bite. I have avoided this for a long
>>> time but I figure you never never know if you never never go

>> You're like me with the horsemeat when it was for sale in CA many
>> years ago, then they voted it out. I just never could make myself try
>> it.

> The rumor was going around when I was in school that they put horse meat
> in the hamburgers. I'm sure that wasn't true but I don't know what it was.
> It was a pale brown and had a super soft texture. It did not taste like
> meat at all.

I suppose it could have been. It's been a long time since horsemeat was for
sale in CA, don't know about WA. At any rate, I heard that it was very lean.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:

: "KROM" > wrote in message
: ...
: > ewwwww!
: >
[...]

I once had a salad as a kid that began to move. Had a very large green
grasshopperin it, very lively. Well, I guess the sald was fresh:-)

WenDy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:
> Ozgirl > wrote:
>

>> "KROM" > wrote in message
>>> ewwwww!
>>>
>>> I used to LOVE taco johns..ate it often..then my mom bit down in her
>>> salad and got up and threw up...a lot...once she was capable of
>>> speaking she showed a bitten into rhino bug thingy it was huge!
>>>
>>> we go to the manager and he shrugs and says "yeah we get the lettuce
>>> in bags from mexico pre shredded and sometimes there's things in
>>> them".
>>>
>>> gave her her money back reluctantly..if I recall he insisted she
>>> only get the salads value back and not the rest of the meal which
>>> we also of course refused to eat nor did we want a new salad which
>>> was also his thinking..lol

>> But but but.. she never had the food? It was left there, slightly
>> used but still there, on the floor presumably?

>> In a steakhouse I was once given a salad that had something black and
>> slimy. I called the young waitress over and she said it was a type of
>> lettuce?? I said um no, there is no black, slimy lettuce unless its
>> been in the back of the fridge for months I asked to see the
>> manager and showed her the "lettuce" and her only comment was that
>> oh, that should have been thrown out, I'll speak to the kitchen
>> staff!!!! When we paid the bill she "generously" took a small amount
>> off for the salad component - it was part of the meal not an extra
>> like in a side salad for instance.

> I once had a salad as a kid that began to move. Had a very large
> green grasshopperin it, very lively. Well, I guess the sald was
> fresh:-)

We were at a mall once in KS and I was about Angela's age. When my mom was
about to get back into the car, I noticed a grasshopper on her head. I said
something like, "Now don't freak out but there's a grasshopper on your
head!" To which she replied, "Yeah, right!", and just got into the car.
Then I starterd freaking out because I have a grasshopper phobia. When I
was about 3 I picked one up, examined it and pulled the wings off.
Horrified, I took it to my mom to fix it. Which of course she could not.
Now I fear all grasshoppers will hate me!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> W. Baker wrote:
>> Ozgirl > wrote:

>>> But but but.. she never had the food? It was left there, slightly
>>> used but still there, on the floor presumably?

>>> In a steakhouse I was once given a salad that had something black and
>>> slimy. I called the young waitress over and she said it was a type of
>>> lettuce?? I said um no, there is no black, slimy lettuce unless its
>>> been in the back of the fridge for months I asked to see the
>>> manager and showed her the "lettuce" and her only comment was that
>>> oh, that should have been thrown out, I'll speak to the kitchen
>>> staff!!!! When we paid the bill she "generously" took a small amount
>>> off for the salad component - it was part of the meal not an extra
>>> like in a side salad for instance.

>> I once had a salad as a kid that began to move. Had a very large
>> green grasshopperin it, very lively. Well, I guess the sald was
>> fresh:-)

> We were at a mall once in KS and I was about Angela's age. When my mom
> was about to get back into the car, I noticed a grasshopper on her head.
> I said something like, "Now don't freak out but there's a grasshopper on
> your head!" To which she replied, "Yeah, right!", and just got into the
> car. Then I starterd freaking out because I have a grasshopper phobia.
> When I was about 3 I picked one up, examined it and pulled the wings off.
> Horrified, I took it to my mom to fix it. Which of course she could not.
> Now I fear all grasshoppers will hate me!

My sister is deathly afraid of grasshoppers. She hopes they all hate her.
:-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> W. Baker wrote:

>>> I once had a salad as a kid that began to move. Had a very large
>>> green grasshopperin it, very lively. Well, I guess the sald was
>>> fresh:-)

>> We were at a mall once in KS and I was about Angela's age. When my
>> mom was about to get back into the car, I noticed a grasshopper on
>> her head. I said something like, "Now don't freak out but there's a
>> grasshopper on your head!" To which she replied, "Yeah, right!",
>> and just got into the car. Then I starterd freaking out because I
>> have a grasshopper phobia. When I was about 3 I picked one up,
>> examined it and pulled the wings off. Horrified, I took it to my mom
>> to fix it. Which of course she could not. Now I fear all
>> grasshoppers will hate me!

> My sister is deathly afraid of grasshoppers. She hopes they all hate
> her. :-)

One of my worst moments was probably that same trip. My cousins and I went
swimming in some lake in OK. I swam out waaay too far. Past the rope where
we were supposed to stay inside of. I was chasing after a beachball. I was
exhausted but thought if I could just get to the beachball, I could hang on
it to float and I'd be okay. Nope. An older cousin had to go save me and
we never got the beachball back. Apparently all the while my dad was trying
to get us all out of the water. Why? For some reason all these
grasshoppers had landed on top of the water and drowned. It happened sooo
suddenly. It was like a carpet of them everywhere. And I had to walk out
of there. Ohhhhh I can still feel them on my legs. Ick!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 27/07/2011 11:32 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> Cheri wrote:

>>> You're like me with the horsemeat when it was for sale in CA many
>>> years ago, then they voted it out. I just never could make myself try
>>> it.

>> The rumor was going around when I was in school that they put horse
>> meat in the hamburgers. I'm sure that wasn't true but I don't know
>> what it was. It was a pale brown and had a super soft texture. It did
>> not taste like meat at all.

> I suppose it could have been. It's been a long time since horsemeat was
> for sale in CA, don't know about WA. At any rate, I heard that it was
> very lean.
>
> Cheri

Lots of Americans have eaten kangaroo and never knew it We had an
exporter a few years ago who mixed kangaroo meat in shipments of
hamburger meat to the U.S.

Now if you do a Google search on Kangaroo Hamburgers you'll fing they
are being sold as a Gourmet burger in the states :-)

I'm afraid I could never eat it We used to get Roo meat to feed our cats
years ago and the smell of the cat food put me off for ever of course it
was handled a lot differently to meat intended for human consumption but
once smelled never forgotten.

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 7/26/2011 6:36 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> you can buy pretty much everything in a can in japan

> Scary thought. I have made a decision that I will buy a kangaroo steak
> and at least take one bite. I have avoided this for a long time but I
> figure you never never know if you never never go

lol

hope it isn't tough!

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 02:37:32 +0000, W. Baker wrote:

> Ozgirl > wrote:
>

> : "KROM" > wrote in message :
> : > ewwwww!
> : >
> : > I used to LOVE taco johns..ate it often..then my mom bit down in her
> : > salad and got up and threw up...a lot...once she was capable of : >
> speaking she showed a bitten into rhino bug thingy it was huge! : >
> : > we go to the manager and he shrugs and says "yeah we get the lettuce
> : > in bags from mexico pre shredded and sometimes there's things in : >
> them".
> : >
> : > gave her her money back reluctantly..if I recall he insisted she
> only : > get the salads value back and not the rest of the meal which we
> also : > of course refused to eat nor did we want a new salad which was
> also : > his thinking..lol
>
> : But but but.. she never had the food? It was left there, slightly used
> : but still there, on the floor presumably?
>
> : In a steakhouse I was once given a salad that had something black and
> : slimy. I called the young waitress over and she said it was a type of
> : lettuce?? I said um no, there is no black, slimy lettuce unless its
> been : in the back of the fridge for months I asked to see the
> manager and : showed her the "lettuce" and her only comment was that oh,
> that should : have been thrown out, I'll speak to the kitchen staff!!!!
> When we paid : the bill she "generously" took a small amount off for the
> salad : component - it was part of the meal not an extra like in a side
> salad : for instance.
>
> I once had a salad as a kid that began to move. Had a very large green
> grasshopperin it, very lively. Well, I guess the sald was fresh:-)
>
> WenDy

I guess you should have asked for some wild honey with that ...

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily > wrote:
: On 7/26/2011 6:36 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
: >
: >
: > "KROM" > wrote in message
: > ...
: >> you can buy pretty much everything in a can in japan
: >
: > Scary thought. I have made a decision that I will buy a kangaroo steak
: > and at least take one bite. I have avoided this for a long time but I
: > figure you never never know if you never never go
: >
: >
: lol

: hope it isn't tough!

: kate

You all know the song: Sung to cous foor Faust

My father slaughtered a kangaroo.
He gave me the Gristly part to chew.
Wasn't that a hck of a thing to do-
To give me to chew
the gristly part of a kaaangaro.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 7/27/2011 11:59 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> Tiger > wrote:
> : On 7/26/2011 6:36 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> :>
> :>
> :> > wrote in message
> :> ...
> :>> you can buy pretty much everything in a can in japan
> :>
> :> Scary thought. I have made a decision that I will buy a kangaroo steak
> :> and at least take one bite. I have avoided this for a long time but I
> :> figure you never never know if you never never go
> :>
> :>
> : lol
>
> : hope it isn't tough!
>
> : kate
>
> You all know the song: Sung to cous foor Faust
>
> My father slaughtered a kangaroo.
> He gave me the Gristly part to chew.
> Wasn't that a hck of a thing to do-
> To give me to chew
> the gristly part of a kaaangaro.
>
> Wendy

giggle, no, i'd not heard that song before

now, to see if i can find someone (preferably an Aussie) singing said
song

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I was a chocolate mousse guy all the way the whip cream and chocolate chips
on top were the best.

I like to eat my food in separate parts so I would eat the chips then the
cream then the mousse layer then the cream etc

I do the same with burgers etc I eat the parts not the whole..lol

it is funny I didnt eat real chocolate until my 20's it was always bad milk
chocolate..the best being Hershey's..so the mousse was a treat in that it
was a darker flavored chocolate then I normally got.

now I would probably think it gross..lol

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

"KROM" > wrote in message
> I have made coleslaw with splenda etc and it was good..just wasnt the
> exact same as the kfc version...I used to love those dessert cups too

What did you get? Here it was cheesecake or mousse. I always went for
the cheesecake. No idea if they still do them anymore.

KROM

> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>
> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> you guys have Kentucky fried chicken there in roo land..if you ever had
>> one of their biscuits..thats what you'd eat the gravy on.
>>
>> mmmmm...kfc biscuits...
>>
>> I miss those and the coleslaw
>>
>> the chicken..not so much...
>>
>> I worked there for a year as a kid and knowing what was behind the
>> curtain would only eat the biscuits/gravy/nuggets...the rest I never ate
>> again...lol
>>
>> as the whackadoo mel gibson once said their green chicken is disgusting..
>>
>> KROM

> And they used to grind chicken skin into the gravy when my nephew worked
> there. Why can't you have the coleslaw? Make it yourself.
>
> Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I will try any food a few times because tastes change and you never know it
might be the best thing ever.

I tried squirrel and it was the best thing ever..lol...but it was one time
so maybe the guy just made it well...I've had good game foods a few times
and bad others..cant tell till ya try.

I imaging roo meat to be fairly beefy tasting but dry.

I would get a thin steak and do a kiss the grill for a second cook or a
marinated kabobs on the grill or a thinker steak and stew it in a mushroom
sauce.

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

"KROM" > wrote in message
> you can buy pretty much everything in a can in japan

Scary thought. I have made a decision that I will buy a kangaroo steak
and at least take one bite. I have avoided this for a long time but I
figure you never never know if you never never go

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I had horse ribs before on the grill they were same as beef but a little
tougher

KROM

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "KROM" > wrote in message
>> you can buy pretty much everything in a can in japan

> Scary thought. I have made a decision that I will buy a kangaroo steak and
> at least take one bite. I have avoided this for a long time but I figure
> you never never know if you never never go

You're like me with the horsemeat when it was for sale in CA many years ago,
then they voted it out. I just never could make myself try it.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

gross...I would have been horrified had I been the waitress..clearly if she
is unfazed she knows the conditions in the back meaning I would never eat
there again.

its because of working in the food industry..knowing workers who do etc that
I have learned to make pretty much any food you get there at home

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

"KROM" > wrote in message
> ewwwww!
>
> I used to LOVE taco johns..ate it often..then my mom bit down in her salad
> and got up and threw up...a lot...once she was capable of speaking she
> showed a bitten into rhino bug thingy it was huge!
>
> we go to the manager and he shrugs and says "yeah we get the lettuce in
> bags from mexico pre shredded and sometimes there's things in them".
>
> gave her her money back reluctantly..if I recall he insisted she only get
> the salads value back and not the rest of the meal which we also of course
> refused to eat nor did we want a new salad which was also his
> thinking..lol

But but but.. she never had the food? It was left there, slightly used
but still there, on the floor presumably?

In a steakhouse I was once given a salad that had something black and
slimy. I called the young waitress over and she said it was a type of
lettuce?? I said um no, there is no black, slimy lettuce unless its been
in the back of the fridge for months I asked to see the manager and
showed her the "lettuce" and her only comment was that oh, that should
have been thrown out, I'll speak to the kitchen staff!!!! When we paid
the bill she "generously" took a small amount off for the salad
component - it was part of the meal not an extra like in a side salad
for instance.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 7/27/2011 11:59 AM, W. Baker wrote:
>> Tiger > wrote:
>> : On 7/26/2011 6:36 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>> :>
>> :>
>> :> > wrote in message
>> :> ...
>> :>> you can buy pretty much everything in a can in japan
>> :>
>> :> Scary thought. I have made a decision that I will buy a kangaroo
>> steak
>> :> and at least take one bite. I have avoided this for a long time
>> but I
>> :> figure you never never know if you never never go
>> :>
>> :>
>> : lol
>>
>> : hope it isn't tough!
>>
>> : kate
>>
>> You all know the song: Sung to cous foor Faust
>>
>> My father slaughtered a kangaroo.
>> He gave me the Gristly part to chew.
>> Wasn't that a hck of a thing to do-
>> To give me to chew
>> the gristly part of a kaaangaro.
>>
>> Wendy

> giggle, no, i'd not heard that song before
>
> now, to see if i can find someone (preferably an Aussie) singing said
> song
>
> kate

lol never heard it so it wont be me Try youtube?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message
> I was a chocolate mousse guy all the way the whip cream and chocolate
> chips on top were the best.
>
> I like to eat my food in separate parts so I would eat the chips then
> the cream then the mousse layer then the cream etc
>
> I do the same with burgers etc I eat the parts not the whole..lol
>
> it is funny I didnt eat real chocolate until my 20's it was always
> bad milk chocolate..the best being Hershey's..so the mousse was a
> treat in that it was a darker flavored chocolate then I normally got.
>
> now I would probably think it gross..lol

I knew someone who would take the lid off a meat pie, eat the filling
with a spoon then eat the pastry. I went to lunch with my son and his
mate yesterday. The mate ate his corn first (I eat mine last). He ate
his vegetables next and his steak last. I like a bit of everything on my
fork at once, lol. If I ate dessert I would have a bit of the mousse,
bit of the cream and bit of the chips at once

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message
> I will try any food a few times because tastes change and you never
> know it might be the best thing ever.
>
> I tried squirrel and it was the best thing ever..lol...but it was one
> time so maybe the guy just made it well...I've had good game foods a
> few times and bad others..cant tell till ya try.
>
> I imaging roo meat to be fairly beefy tasting but dry.

It is supposed to be lower in fat than beef so I will have to cook it
carefully (once I decide to buy it that is, lol). Its the dark colour
that is putting me off I think. I mean meat is meat, right? If I can eat
one dead animal surely I can eat another? Heck, I've even slaughtered my
own pet chooks and eaten them. They had names!

> I would get a thin steak and do a kiss the grill for a second cook or
> a marinated kabobs on the grill or a thinker steak and stew it in a
> mushroom sauce.
>
> KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message
> gross...I would have been horrified had I been the waitress..clearly
> if she is unfazed she knows the conditions in the back meaning I would
> never eat there again.

I put it down to her being quite young.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:

: "KROM" > wrote in message
: ...
[...]

:

My mother alwasy ate the food she liked best first then the other stuff.
I was the other way. Mom told me hits story. she came from a family of
9(8girls and 1 boy, he the next to youngest) At dinner one night they
were having watermelon and mon had saved the sweeteset center part for
last when one of the little ones wanted mor, so her mother told her to
give the little one what was left on her plate. Ever since then she
alwayas ate the best part first.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Ozgirl > wrote:
>

> : "KROM" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > I was a chocolate mousse guy all the way the whip cream and
> chocolate
> : > chips on top were the best.
> : >
> : > I like to eat my food in separate parts so I would eat the chips
> then
> : > the cream then the mousse layer then the cream etc
> : >
> : > I do the same with burgers etc I eat the parts not the whole..lol
> : >
> : > it is funny I didn?t eat real chocolate until my 20's it was
> always
> : > bad milk chocolate..the best being Hershey's..so the mousse was a
> : > treat in that it was a darker flavored chocolate then I normally
> got.
> : >
> : > now I would probably think it gross..lol
>
> : I knew someone who would take the lid off a meat pie, eat the
> filling
> : with a spoon then eat the pastry. I went to lunch with my son and
> his
> : mate yesterday. The mate ate his corn first (I eat mine last). He
> ate
> : his vegetables next and his steak last. I like a bit of everything
> on my
> : fork at once, lol. If I ate dessert I would have a bit of the
> mousse,
> : bit of the cream and bit of the chips at once
> :
>
> My mother alwasy ate the food she liked best first then the other
> stuff.
> I was the other way. Mom told me hits story. she came from a family
> of
> 9(8girls and 1 boy, he the next to youngest) At dinner one night they
> were having watermelon and mon had saved the sweeteset center part for
> last when one of the little ones wanted mor, so her mother told her to
> give the little one what was left on her plate. Ever since then she
> alwayas ate the best part first.

I always leave the best to last too. Unfortunately Jasmine has a habit
of rapidly grabbing food off other people's plates and often I miss out
on my best part...

Member

I had a wonderful and unusual (for me) for lunch. I was at the airport this morning and stopped in a cappuccino. I found a nice fresh Greek salad in a bowl so he got take-out box full of this, and then looked around for something to go with him, but it was common for falafel, quiche, etc. I noticed spanakapita omelette. It 'been a bit' bigger than my palm and surrounded by at least half an inch thick. I warmed up with a salad for lunch, and after the first surgery I've noticed is full of chopped parsley,
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I buy protein bars with chocolate on outside and chips inside and I eat the
outside then tear it apart to separate the chips..I eat the bar part then
chips last

I am a things should touch on a plate kind of guy..wife is a very specific
mixer of only certain foods..like she like burgers and she likes cheese but
she detests cheeseburgers..lol

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

"KROM" > wrote in message
> I was a chocolate mousse guy all the way the whip cream and chocolate
> chips on top were the best.
>
> I like to eat my food in separate parts so I would eat the chips then the
> cream then the mousse layer then the cream etc
>
> I do the same with burgers etc I eat the parts not the whole..lol
>
> it is funny I didnt eat real chocolate until my 20's it was always bad
> milk chocolate..the best being Hershey's..so the mousse was a treat in
> that it was a darker flavored chocolate then I normally got.
>
> now I would probably think it gross..lol

I knew someone who would take the lid off a meat pie, eat the filling
with a spoon then eat the pastry. I went to lunch with my son and his
mate yesterday. The mate ate his corn first (I eat mine last). He ate
his vegetables next and his steak last. I like a bit of everything on my
fork at once, lol. If I ate dessert I would have a bit of the mousse,
bit of the cream and bit of the chips at once

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message
> I buy protein bars with chocolate on outside and chips inside and I
> eat the outside then tear it apart to separate the chips..I eat the
> bar part then chips last
>
> I am a things should touch on a plate kind of guy..wife is a very
> specific mixer of only certain foods..like she like burgers and she
> likes cheese but she detests cheeseburgers..lol

Ah vive la différence lol

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 7/25/2011 4:40 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message

>> snip

>>> lol, and canned chicken?
>>>
>>> Actually, near the tuna now there is small cans of snack chicken with
>>> mayo I think. I put it on my son's "lunch - 11pm, lol" and he never said
>>> anything about it. But this is the ex-Maccas kid who lived and breathed
>>> Maccas food

>> Jan, imagine my horror when hubby proudly came home with canned
>> chicken!!!!
>>
>> I have NO idea what to do with THAT.
>>
>> Well, he brought it camping and made curried butter chicken with it.
>> Wow, it actually almost tasted like real chicken!
>>
>> LOL

> I am glad you liked it, I don't think I will ever be trying it The
> one and only time I saw chicken in a can here, apart from the the
> shredded stuff in snack size cans (like tuna) I remember thinking how
> the heck do they fit a whole chook in that can.

Would a small chicken or a large can work?

Or perhaps even packing it in so tightly that it expands
when you remove it from the can and let it resume its
normal shape?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> On 7/25/2011 4:40 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

>>> snip

>>> Jan, imagine my horror when hubby proudly came home with canned
>>> chicken!!!!
>>>
>>> I have NO idea what to do with THAT.
>>>
>>> Well, he brought it camping and made curried butter chicken with it.
>>> Wow, it actually almost tasted like real chicken!
>>>
>>> LOL

>> I am glad you liked it, I don't think I will ever be trying it The
>> one and only time I saw chicken in a can here, apart from the the
>> shredded stuff in snack size cans (like tuna) I remember thinking how
>> the heck do they fit a whole chook in that can.

> Would a small chicken or a large can work?
>
> Or perhaps even packing it in so tightly that it expands
> when you remove it from the can and let it resume its
> normal shape?

Does it resume its shape before your very eyes? IOW does it seem like it
is moving?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 8/4/2011 11:29 PM, Robert Miles wrote:
> On 7/25/2011 4:40 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

>>> snip

>>> Jan, imagine my horror when hubby proudly came home with canned
>>> chicken!!!!
>>>
>>> I have NO idea what to do with THAT.
>>>
>>> Well, he brought it camping and made curried butter chicken with it.
>>> Wow, it actually almost tasted like real chicken!
>>>
>>> LOL

>> I am glad you liked it, I don't think I will ever be trying it The
>> one and only time I saw chicken in a can here, apart from the the
>> shredded stuff in snack size cans (like tuna) I remember thinking how
>> the heck do they fit a whole chook in that can.

> Would a small chicken or a large can work?
>
> Or perhaps even packing it in so tightly that it expands
> when you remove it from the can and let it resume its
> normal shape?

I've never had a whole chicken in a can! gack!

the canned chicken looks like flaked tuna does

no bones, nothing to identify it as a chicken, just meat

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 8/4/2011 11:29 PM, Robert Miles wrote:

>>> I am glad you liked it, I don't think I will ever be trying it The
>>> one and only time I saw chicken in a can here, apart from the the
>>> shredded stuff in snack size cans (like tuna) I remember thinking how
>>> the heck do they fit a whole chook in that can.

>> Would a small chicken or a large can work?
>>
>> Or perhaps even packing it in so tightly that it expands
>> when you remove it from the can and let it resume its
>> normal shape?

> I've never had a whole chicken in a can! gack!
>
> the canned chicken looks like flaked tuna does
>
> no bones, nothing to identify it as a chicken, just meat

I believe the whole ones do have bones. I was surprised at how small the
cans were. I saw them again at Winco.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 8/5/2011 12:30 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Tiger > wrote in message

>>> Would a small chicken or a large can work?
>>>
>>> Or perhaps even packing it in so tightly that it expands
>>> when you remove it from the can and let it resume its
>>> normal shape?

>> I've never had a whole chicken in a can! gack!
>>
>> the canned chicken looks like flaked tuna does
>>
>> no bones, nothing to identify it as a chicken, just meat

> I believe the whole ones do have bones. I was surprised at how small the
> cans were. I saw them again at Winco.

ya, i saw the pic on the URL Jan posted

shudder

no way!