Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Barbecue Tonight

I have a new bullet smoker and made my first hunk of pork butt today. It
was absolutely perfect. So tender that I was able to pull the whole
thing apart in less than 1 minute using 2 regular dinner forks.

I made the following sauce which is my take on several recipes I found
on the net. The recipe served 4 of us with enough left over to serve at
least another 8 or 10 people. I thought I'd share it.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Sugar-free BBQ Sauce

Recipe By :Janet Wilder
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:15
Categories : Sauces, Dressings & Gravies

1 can tomato paste (6 oz.)
1 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup cider vinegar -- add an extra teaspoon if you want
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoons Splenda Granular

Mix all ingredients in a pot and simmer for 15 minutes until the flavors
are blended.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

--
Janet Wilder
way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

yum!

KROM

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>I have a new bullet smoker and made my first hunk of pork butt today. It
>was absolutely perfect. So tender that I was able to pull the whole thing
>apart in less than 1 minute using 2 regular dinner forks.
>
> I made the following sauce which is my take on several recipes I found on
> the net. The recipe served 4 of us with enough left over to serve at least
> another 8 or 10 people. I thought I'd share it.
>

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Sugar-free BBQ Sauce
>
> Recipe By :Janet Wilder
> Categories : Sauces, Dressings & Gravies

> 1 can tomato paste (6 oz.)
> 1 1/4 cups water
> 1/4 cup cider vinegar -- add an extra teaspoon if you want
> 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
> 2 teaspoons dry mustard
> 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
> 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
> 1 tablespoon chili powder
> 2 tablespoons Splenda Granular
>
> Mix all ingredients in a pot and simmer for 15 minutes until the flavors
> are blended.
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>

> --
> Janet Wilder
> way-the-heck-south Texas
> spelling doesn't count
> but cooking does

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder > wrote:
: I have a new bullet smoker and made my first hunk of pork butt today. It
: was absolutely perfect. So tender that I was able to pull the whole
: thing apart in less than 1 minute using 2 regular dinner forks.

: I made the following sauce which is my take on several recipes I found
: on the net. The recipe served 4 of us with enough left over to serve at
: least another 8 or 10 people. I thought I'd share it.

: * Exported from MasterCook *

: Sugar-free BBQ Sauce

: Recipe By :Janet Wilder
: Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:15
: Categories : Sauces, Dressings & Gravies

: Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
: -------- ------------ --------------------------------
: 1 can tomato paste (6 oz.)
: 1 1/4 cups water
: 1/4 cup cider vinegar -- add an extra teaspoon if you want
: 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
: 2 teaspoons dry mustard
: 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
: 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
: 1 tablespoon chili powder
: 2 tablespoons Splenda Granular

: Mix all ingredients in a pot and simmer for 15 minutes until the flavors
: are blended.

: Janet Wilder

Thanks for the recipe. I am saving it after deleting the part about the
smoked pulled pork:-) Have a sweet Pesach!

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Janet Wilder > wrote:
> : I have a new bullet smoker and made my first hunk of pork butt today. It
> : was absolutely perfect. So tender that I was able to pull the whole
> : thing apart in less than 1 minute using 2 regular dinner forks.
>
> : I made the following sauce which is my take on several recipes I found
> : on the net. The recipe served 4 of us with enough left over to serve at
> : least another 8 or 10 people. I thought I'd share it.
>

> : * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> : Sugar-free BBQ Sauce
>
> : Recipe By :Janet Wilder
> : Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:15
> : Categories : Sauces, Dressings & Gravies
>
> : Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
> : -------- ------------ --------------------------------
> : 1 can tomato paste (6 oz.)
> : 1 1/4 cups water
> : 1/4 cup cider vinegar -- add an extra teaspoon if you
> want
> : 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
> : 2 teaspoons dry mustard
> : 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
> : 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
> : 1 tablespoon chili powder
> : 2 tablespoons Splenda Granular
>
> : Mix all ingredients in a pot and simmer for 15 minutes until the flavors
> : are blended.
>
> : Janet Wilder
>
> Thanks for the recipe. I am saving it after deleting the part about the
> smoked pulled pork:-) Have a sweet Pesach!
>
> Wendy

Wendy, it sounds like it would go very well with chicken as a substitute.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Janet Wilder > wrote:

> I have a new bullet smoker and made my first hunk of pork butt today. It
> was absolutely perfect. So tender that I was able to pull the whole
> thing apart in less than 1 minute using 2 regular dinner forks.
>
> I made the following sauce which is my take on several recipes I found
> on the net. The recipe served 4 of us with enough left over to serve at
> least another 8 or 10 people. I thought I'd share it.
>

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Sugar-free BBQ Sauce
>
> Recipe By :Janet Wilder
> Categories : Sauces, Dressings & Gravies

> 1 can tomato paste (6 oz.)
> 1 1/4 cups water
> 1/4 cup cider vinegar -- add an extra teaspoon if you want
> 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
> 2 teaspoons dry mustard
> 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
> 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
> 1 tablespoon chili powder
> 2 tablespoons Splenda Granular
>
> Mix all ingredients in a pot and simmer for 15 minutes until the flavors
> are blended.
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mmmmm... looks good! I love a nice vinegary barbecue sauce, without
artificial smoke!

Priscilla

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> Janet Wilder > wrote:
> : I have a new bullet smoker and made my first hunk of pork butt today. It
> : was absolutely perfect. So tender that I was able to pull the whole
> : thing apart in less than 1 minute using 2 regular dinner forks.
>
> : I made the following sauce which is my take on several recipes I found
> : on the net. The recipe served 4 of us with enough left over to serve at
> : least another 8 or 10 people. I thought I'd share it.
>

> : * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> : Sugar-free BBQ Sauce
>
> : Recipe By :Janet Wilder
> : Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:15
> : Categories : Sauces, Dressings & Gravies
>
> : Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
> : -------- ------------ --------------------------------
> : 1 can tomato paste (6 oz.)
> : 1 1/4 cups water
> : 1/4 cup cider vinegar -- add an extra teaspoon if you want
> : 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
> : 2 teaspoons dry mustard
> : 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
> : 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
> : 1 tablespoon chili powder
> : 2 tablespoons Splenda Granular
>
> : Mix all ingredients in a pot and simmer for 15 minutes until the flavors
> : are blended.
>
> : Janet Wilder
>
> Thanks for the recipe. I am saving it after deleting the part about the
> smoked pulled pork:-) Have a sweet Pesach!
>
> Wendy

I bet you could use a beef chuck roast instead.

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
: In article >,
: "W. Baker" > wrote:

: > Janet Wilder > wrote:
: > : I have a new bullet smoker and made my first hunk of pork butt today. It
: > : was absolutely perfect. So tender that I was able to pull the whole
: > : thing apart in less than 1 minute using 2 regular dinner forks.
: >
: > : -------- ------------ --------------------------------
[...]

You can make pulled brisket, but i never have. I do get veal or beef
bones and use them like (excuse the expression) spare ribs. Veal breast
sliced into individual ribss works well.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Peppermint Patootie wrote:

> Mmmmm... looks good! I love a nice vinegary barbecue sauce, without
> artificial smoke!

I do *real* smoke only. :-) The sauce is thick enough that a little
extra cider vinegar would be fine, or you could cut some of the water
and sub in more vinegar. Except for the chili powder having to mellow,
the sauce will taste pretty much like it will be while you are simmering it.
--
Janet Wilder
way-the-heck-south Texas