Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Barbecue Tonight

Janet Wilder > wrote:
: I have a new bullet smoker and made my first hunk of pork butt today. It
: was absolutely perfect. So tender that I was able to pull the whole
: thing apart in less than 1 minute using 2 regular dinner forks.

: I made the following sauce which is my take on several recipes I found
: on the net. The recipe served 4 of us with enough left over to serve at
: least another 8 or 10 people. I thought I'd share it.

: * Exported from MasterCook *

: Sugar-free BBQ Sauce

: Recipe By :Janet Wilder
: Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:15
: Categories : Sauces, Dressings & Gravies

: Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
: -------- ------------ --------------------------------
: 1 can tomato paste (6 oz.)
: 1 1/4 cups water
: 1/4 cup cider vinegar -- add an extra teaspoon if you want
: 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
: 2 teaspoons dry mustard
: 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
: 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
: 1 tablespoon chili powder
: 2 tablespoons Splenda Granular

: Mix all ingredients in a pot and simmer for 15 minutes until the flavors
: are blended.

: Janet Wilder

Thanks for the recipe. I am saving it after deleting the part about the
smoked pulled pork:-) Have a sweet Pesach!

Wendy