Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default FYI: Jay Leno's last tonight show, tonight.

Ed Pawlowski said...

> I've not watched Leno more than a dozen times all those years but I used
> to watch Carson all the time. Partly because I changed my day to get up
> earlier and come home earlier so I also go to bed earlier. I've never
> watched more than a few minutes of O'Brien. He just seems awkward or
> fake, or juvenile, or something.

I just finished watching Jay's last show. Not an earth shattering send off
but it was in good taste.

I can't put my finger on what's up with O'Brien either. Maybe some of each.

I won't be watching.

Best

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 May 2009 06:32:30 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>I just finished watching Jay's last show. Not an earth shattering send off
>but it was in good taste.
>
>I can't put my finger on what's up with O'Brien either. Maybe some of each.
>
>I won't be watching.

Connan O' Brian was boyish and funny when he first started and a
breath of fresh air after the boring schick of late late night show
Letterman. However, Connan has aged and he needs to grow up now.

I watched "Panic Room" for the first time last night, but I lost
interest when she sent the police away. I'm thinking "she's got the
gun, she knows the bad guys can't hear anything she says"... HUH?

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf said...

> On Sat, 30 May 2009 06:32:30 -0500, Andy > wrote:
>>
>>I just finished watching Jay's last show. Not an earth shattering send

off
>>but it was in good taste.
>>
>>I can't put my finger on what's up with O'Brien either. Maybe some of

each.

>>I won't be watching.
>>

> Connan O' Brian was boyish and funny when he first started and a
> breath of fresh air after the boring schick of late late night show
> Letterman. However, Connan has aged and he needs to grow up now.

sf,

To his credit, he never had trouble selling out his studio audience. I
remember he did a week in San Francisco a year or two ago and it was well
received. I even applied for tickets. Alas.

> I watched "Panic Room" for the first time last night, but I lost
> interest when she sent the police away. I'm thinking "she's got the
> gun, she knows the bad guys can't hear anything she says"... HUH?

I saw that once but forget most of it other than it being a big stretch of
the imagination.

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote:
> Andy wrote:
>>
>>I just finished watching Jay's last show. Not an earth shattering send off
>>but it was in good taste.
>>
>>I can't put my finger on what's up with O'Brien either. Maybe some of
>>each.
>>
>>I won't be watching.
>>

> Connan O' Brian was boyish and funny when he first started and a
> breath of fresh air after the boring schick of late late night show
> Letterman. However, Connan has aged and he needs to grow up now.

Conan will do as well as Leno if not better... folks who watch late night TV
are not looking for profoundly intellectual (foodtv), at that hour they want
mindless. I never cared for Letterman, he's creepy, and his facial
expressions turned my stomach, he needs serious dental work. I for one am
happy that both Leno and Conan will be moving up an hour, they were on later
than I could stay awake most nights. Conan's skits are funny (what, you
don't like the masturbating bear), it's better to fall asleep on a happy
note than with the hopeless, hapless misery of world news.