Old 16-11-2009, 04:30 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Tonight: Home made Pizza

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 22:00:19 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

Gene wrote:
No, I did not make the dough. I do not have a mixer with a hook and I
also do not want to wait over night for the dough to proof. I have
found a good frozen dough. I will hand roll it, my son is going to
hand toss it. Should be interesting.

Proof over night? I can make it by hand and let it rise a few hours.
Although it is easier sometimes to buy a bag or two of dough and let it rise
of an hour.

If I had made it from scratch it would have had to proof over night
due to the messed up schedule we have in this house.

BTW, the frozen dough I got does not require any rising. Just thaw and
go!

Yep, makes it much easier. Quicker too.

Cheers!

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"

Old 16-11-2009, 04:32 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 07:19:22 -0500, piedmont wrote:

Gene wrote:
Home made pizza tonight.

No, I did not make the dough. I do not have a mixer with a hook and I
also do not want to wait over night for the dough to proof. I have
found a good frozen dough. I will hand roll it, my son is going to
hand toss it. Should be interesting.

Stay tuned for the step by step. Same bat channel!

Gene

Do you have a bread maker machine with a dough and/or a pizza dough
cycle or programmable? I have a fantastic pizza dough recipe that takes
55 minutes in a machine then let it rise double twice. Takes 55 min
dough cycle, then about two 45 minutes rises.

Nope. The bread machine I had broke down. I do have to get another as
I LOVED the thing!