Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Home made pasta and pizza night

A couple of nights ago, but I've been busy since.

The pizzas are samesame as the previous lot made, so no need for pics with
them.

One guest (a pizza lover) declared mine the best pizza she's *ever* had
:-)

I made two large pizzas, and by the time I got back to the table after
dishing them up and seeing to the pasta and sauce that was cooking.....
they were *all* gone!!

The creamy Prawn and Scallop (thanks OM!!) mushroom and roasted garlic
sauce went down really well too.

The fresh pasta is soooooooooooooooooooo silky smooth!!

I was busy making the pizzas and pasta and sauce, and the guest were too
busy enjoying themselves (*******s!!) for a lot of pics to be taken.

But on seeing the mess I made, the SO had a 'special message' she sent for
the ******s in here who scream and cry about my pics being stolen from
some cooking mags :-)

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/a...20pasta%20and%
20pizza/

http://tinyurl.com/dng9s9

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterLucas > wrote:

> A couple of nights ago, but I've been busy since.
>
> The pizzas are samesame as the previous lot made, so no need for pics with
> them.
>
> One guest (a pizza lover) declared mine the best pizza she's *ever* had
> :-)
>
> I made two large pizzas, and by the time I got back to the table after
> dishing them up and seeing to the pasta and sauce that was cooking.....
> they were *all* gone!!

I liked your prep shots for the pizza. Is that roasted garlic?

> The creamy Prawn and Scallop (thanks OM!!) mushroom and roasted garlic
> sauce went down really well too.

Welcome!

> The fresh pasta is soooooooooooooooooooo silky smooth!!
>
> I was busy making the pizzas and pasta and sauce, and the guest were too
> busy enjoying themselves (*******s!!) for a lot of pics to be taken.
>
> But on seeing the mess I made, the SO had a 'special message' she sent for
> the ******s in here who scream and cry about my pics being stolen from
> some cooking mags :-)
>
> http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/a...20pasta%20and%
> 20pizza/
>
> http://tinyurl.com/dng9s9

Fun pics, thanks!
--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in
news
> In article >,
> PeterLucas > wrote:
>
>> A couple of nights ago, but I've been busy since.
>>
>> The pizzas are samesame as the previous lot made, so no need for pics
>> with them.
>>
>> One guest (a pizza lover) declared mine the best pizza she's *ever* had
>> :-)
>>
>> I made two large pizzas, and by the time I got back to the table after
>> dishing them up and seeing to the pasta and sauce that was cooking.....
>> they were *all* gone!!

> I liked your prep shots for the pizza. Is that roasted garlic?

It sure is.

I buy a heap of 'heads', cut the top off of each one, drizzle with EVOO
and sprinkle with Maldon and cracked BP and wrap in alfoil and bake.

They then keep in the fridge (still wrapped in the foil) for up to a month
..... not that they ever last that long!!

>> The creamy Prawn and Scallop (thanks OM!!) mushroom and roasted garlic
>> sauce went down really well too.

> Welcome!

:-)

When I went to the shop, the scallops with roe on were on special for
$21kg. I couldn't see any without roe, so asked for them. The young girl
went to the large fridge at the back and came back with a container of
'unroed' scallops, and gave them to me for the same price as the others
:-)

They usually sell for quite a bit more than that!!

I don't mind the odd scallop with roe on, but after 4-5 they get a bit
rich, and I didn't feel like wasting most of the roe. I'm sure the pooch
would have loved them though!!

>> The fresh pasta is soooooooooooooooooooo silky smooth!!
>>
>> I was busy making the pizzas and pasta and sauce, and the guest were
>> too busy enjoying themselves (*******s!!) for a lot of pics to be
>> taken.
>>
>> But on seeing the mess I made, the SO had a 'special message' she sent
>> for the ******s in here who scream and cry about my pics being stolen
>> from some cooking mags :-)
>>
>> http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/a...20pasta%20and%
>> 20pizza/
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/dng9s9

> Fun pics, thanks!

It was a full on day, that one!! Worked till about midday, then started on
the prep for the night, and got to bed around 1am. My mate who flew in for
the day, and the other mate who came down from up North, had to leave at
'sparrow-fart' the next morning, so we were on the road by 6am to get one
off to the airport and the other off back to Gladstone!!

Get-togethers are great........ so long as they're at someone elses
house!! ;-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 20:23:15 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> PeterLucas > wrote:
>

>> http://tinyurl.com/dng9s9

>Fun pics, thanks!

that's not pizza dough, it's pasta dough

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote in news:i76sq45ino1ii4nld8d4dbt7ch75l6a5u1@
4ax.com:

> On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 20:23:15 -0600, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
>>In article >,
>> PeterLucas > wrote:
>>

>>> http://tinyurl.com/dng9s9

>>Fun pics, thanks!

> that's not pizza dough, it's pasta dough

And where does it say that it's Pizza dough?

I'll give you a hint. It doesn't.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote:

Another FRAUDULENT imposting post. Please CHECK THE HEADERS PEOPLE!

It's the original stalker-troll who went back to ozdebate and dragged
the
other stalkers back with it...ie, *it* was the one that started all
the
shit in here.

Now it's trying to be a 'regular', with it's Googled posts, and
pretends
it doesn't know anything about the stalkers.

Best bet is to killfile it.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Join us in our fight for personal freedoms:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAMBLA
http://www.nambla.org/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterLucas > wrote:

> > I liked your prep shots for the pizza. Is that roasted garlic?

> It sure is.
>
> I buy a heap of 'heads', cut the top off of each one, drizzle with EVOO
> and sprinkle with Maldon and cracked BP and wrap in alfoil and bake.
>
> They then keep in the fridge (still wrapped in the foil) for up to a month
> .... not that they ever last that long!!

Cool idea. I like the mildness of roasted, and one can use more of it.

> >> The creamy Prawn and Scallop (thanks OM!!) mushroom and roasted garlic
> >> sauce went down really well too.

> > Welcome!

> :-)
>
> When I went to the shop, the scallops with roe on were on special for
> $21kg. I couldn't see any without roe, so asked for them. The young girl
> went to the large fridge at the back and came back with a container of
> 'unroed' scallops, and gave them to me for the same price as the others
> :-)
>
> They usually sell for quite a bit more than that!!
>
> I don't mind the odd scallop with roe on, but after 4-5 they get a bit
> rich, and I didn't feel like wasting most of the roe. I'm sure the pooch
> would have loved them though!!

Mm, I love scallops with roe. They are a rarity here.

> >> http://tinyurl.com/dng9s9

> > Fun pics, thanks!

> It was a full on day, that one!! Worked till about midday, then started on
> the prep for the night, and got to bed around 1am. My mate who flew in for
> the day, and the other mate who came down from up North, had to leave at
> 'sparrow-fart' the next morning, so we were on the road by 6am to get one
> off to the airport and the other off back to Gladstone!!
>
> Get-togethers are great........ so long as they're at someone elses
> house!! ;-)

<lol>!!!