Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Kent[_2_] Kent[_2_] is offline

Default Tonight: Home made Pizza

"Gene" > wrote in message
> Home made pizza tonight.
>
> No, I did not make the dough. I do not have a mixer with a hook and I
> also do not want to wait over night for the dough to proof. I have
> found a good frozen dough. I will hand roll it, my son is going to
> hand toss it. Should be interesting.
>
> Stay tuned for the step by step. Same bat channel!
>
> Gene

Are you doing it on your gas grill? Everytime I try it the crust gets too
hot and the cheese doesn't melt. I'm going to try elevating the pizza stone
next time like this.
http://picasaweb.google.ca/mark.brid...76525906887090
if this comes through. If you can get your grill up to 550F or so using it
as a pizza oven may be a good idea. When you put the pizza on the stone make
sure you spray water mist in the oven. Repeat that three times in the first
minutes of baking. It helps give you a crisp crust.

Good Luck

Kent, dedicated pizza junkie