Posted to alt.food.barbecue
piedmont piedmont is offline

Default Tonight: Home made Pizza

Gene wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 17:23:53 -0600, "DougW"
> > wrote:
>
>> Gene wrote:
>>> Home made pizza tonight.

>> I just use large pita bread.
>>
>> Topped with salsa, some shredded cheese,
>> tomatoes, onions, chopped up bbq brisket
>> sprinkled with some garlic and oregano.
>> Throw it in the toaster oven for 4 min or
>> so and *ding!* pizza.

> That is good on occasion. I am making a Chicago pizza (not deep dish)
> similar to the pizza "Home Run Inn" made prior to going commercial.
> Close to what I made at my restaurant.
>
> Gene

'Chicago Pizza" is Pizzeria Uno, and The Frugal Gourmet did a great
clone of the dough (which is well suited to a bread machine. Thick dough
with corn meal as part of the ingredient, sliced cheese laid down first
over dough, crushed roma tomato with basil, oregano, garlic, salt,
sugar. Then toppings then fresh parmasan.

--
Regards,
piedmont

http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/