Old 13-02-2008, 09:43 PM posted to rec.sport.football.college, rec.food.baking, rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

Default Mad Skillz

Help me out he

In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker

Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 13-02-2008, 09:52 PM posted to rec.sport.football.college, rec.food.baking, rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

On Feb 13, 3:43*pm, Melvin Purvis wrote:
Help me out he

In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home

You're a master-baker? ($1 to John Belushi as Samurai Baker)

Being a master barbequer and smoker

Inquiring minds want to know.

Dewd, meat vs. bread; think about it.

Doug

Old 13-02-2008, 10:02 PM posted to rec.sport.football.college, rec.food.baking, rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

On Feb 13, 3:52*pm, Emperor Wonko the Sane
wrote:
On Feb 13, 3:43*pm, Melvin Purvis wrote:

Dewd, meat vs. bread; think about it.

Doug

That's just disgusting.

Old 13-02-2008, 10:08 PM posted to rec.sport.football.college, rec.food.baking, rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

wrote:

On Feb 13, 3:43*pm, Melvin Purvis wrote:

Dewd, meat vs. bread; think about it.

Doug

That's just disgusting.

Hmm ... it wasn't intended to be disgusting, but I see your point.

My intended point was that it is obviously more manly to have skills
in preparing meat.

Doug
Old 13-02-2008, 10:13 PM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

Melvin Purvis wrote:
Help me out he

In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker

Inquiring minds want to know.

Well, which is it you want to know about? Manliness? Or General
Usefulness?

Old 13-02-2008, 10:14 PM posted to rec.sport.football.college, rec.food.baking, rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

On Feb 13, 5:13 pm, "Randolph M. Jones" wrote:
Melvin Purvis wrote:
Help me out he

In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker

Inquiring minds want to know.

Well, which is it you want to know about? Manliness? Or General
Usefulness?

Are they not the same thing, grasshopper?
Old 13-02-2008, 10:15 PM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

Melvin Purvis wrote:
Help me out he

In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker

Inquiring minds want to know.

Seems to me there's a lot of time available for tending the fire while
the dough is rising, and a lot of time available to knead and shape the
dough while you're waiting for that magical 190 degrees in the pork
butt. So why are you trying to wimp out here?
Old 13-02-2008, 10:15 PM posted to rec.sport.football.college, rec.food.baking, rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

wrote:

On Feb 13, 3:43*pm, Melvin Purvis wrote:

Dewd, meat vs. bread; think about it.

Doug

That's just disgusting.

Hmm ... it wasn't intended to be disgusting, but I see your point.

My intended point was that it is obviously more manly to have skills
in preparing meat.

Doug

Yes; I agree wholeheartedly.
Men that bake bread are probably homosexurals.
Old 13-02-2008, 10:16 PM posted to rec.sport.football.college, rec.food.baking, rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

On Feb 13, 4:43*pm, Melvin Purvis wrote:

Help me out he

In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker

Inquiring minds want to know.

Bread makes you fat. Meat makes you build tall buildings, conquer
space and feel-up the home coming queen.

You do the math.

-Tom Enright
Old 13-02-2008, 10:18 PM posted to rec.sport.football.college, rec.food.baking, rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

Melvin Purvis wrote:
Help me out he

In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker

Inquiring minds want to know.

Well, which is it you want to know about? *Manliness? *Or General
Usefulness?

Are they not the same thing, grasshopper?

I am a great preparer of meat; grilling, barbecuing, and smoking.
However, my level of general usefulness is admittedly low; unless you
want a great smoked rib or other meat, or a grilled steak, or a brat,
etc.

Old 13-02-2008, 11:17 PM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

"Melvin Purvis" wrote in message
Help me out he

In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker

Inquiring minds want to know.

All of the above. Learn to do everything so the woman of the cave has plenty
of energy left to do what you really want her to do.

Old 14-02-2008, 12:39 AM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking,,alt.appalachian

Quiet, Melvin Purvis -- I'm transmitting rage.

Help me out he

In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home

Ghey.

Being a master barbequer and smoker

Ding!

Inquiring minds want to know.

That you had to ask is a bad sign.

James Schrumpf http://www.hilltopper.net

Play like your couch is on fire!
Old 14-02-2008, 02:04 AM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:43:44 -0800 (PST), Melvin Purvis wrote:

Help me out he
In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:
Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker
Inquiring minds want to know.

Well barbeque and smoked meat both suck ass, so I guess I'd have to go
with Baker by default.

--

....I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When
you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I
Old 14-02-2008, 02:13 AM posted to rec.sport.football.college, rec.food.baking, rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

On Feb 13, 2:43 pm, Melvin Purvis wrote:
Help me out he

In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:

Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker

Inquiring minds want to know.

Really good, homemade bread is amazing, but doesn't really compare to
really great bbq.

However, throw in pastries, like hand-made puff-pastry, croissants,
sticky buns, napoleons, ... and now you're talking.

btw, this reminds me of that one episode of KITCHEN CONFIDENTIAL where
the pastry chef (Xander from Buffy) and teh Fish chef (Harold from
HAROLD AND KUMAR) are having a contest about whehter customers prefer
fish or cake. The outcome was very funny...

-goro-
Old 14-02-2008, 02:14 AM posted to rec.sport.football.college,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian

Trent Woodruff wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:43:44 -0800 (PST), Melvin Purvis wrote:

Help me out he
In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
Mightier Skill:
Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
at home
Being a master barbequer and smoker
Inquiring minds want to know.

Well barbeque and smoked meat both suck ass, so I guess I'd have to go
with Baker by default.

A rack of smoked ribs and a loaf of fresh bread make a damn fine picnic.