Posted to rec.sport.football.college, rec.food.baking, rec.food.cooking,alt.appalachian
Goro Goro is offline

Default Mad Skillz

On Feb 13, 2:43 pm, Melvin Purvis > wrote:
> Help me out he
>
> In the cosmic scheme of Manliness and General Usefulness, which is a
> Mightier Skill:
>
> Being a kick-ass home baker who can produce professional-quality bread
> at home
> Being a master barbequer and smoker
>
> Inquiring minds want to know.

Really good, homemade bread is amazing, but doesn't really compare to
really great bbq.

However, throw in pastries, like hand-made puff-pastry, croissants,
sticky buns, napoleons, ... and now you're talking.

btw, this reminds me of that one episode of KITCHEN CONFIDENTIAL where
the pastry chef (Xander from Buffy) and teh Fish chef (Harold from
HAROLD AND KUMAR) are having a contest about whehter customers prefer
fish or cake. The outcome was very funny...

-goro-