Vegan (alt.food.vegan) This newsgroup exists to share ideas and issues of concern among vegans. We are always happy to share our recipes- perhaps especially with omnivores who are simply curious- or even better, accomodating a vegan guest for a meal!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 30-11-2005, 04:00 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
 
Posts: n/a
Default What do you think about this "FEED AN ANIMAL IN NEED"?

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 03:18:51 GMT, "rick" wrote:


"Jan Flora" wrote in message
...
In article
et,
"rick" wrote:

"Jan Flora" wrote in message
...
In article
.com,
wrote:

[email protected] wrote:
On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:56:37 -0500, [email protected] wrote:





http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa


Go feed something...

It's fine with me if that's what they want to do. But
aren't
they
killing other animals to make the pet food?


No.
============
Uh, yes. There is no manufacturing process that doesn't kill
animals.



They render animal parts from critters that were already killed
for
other purposes, like human consumption.

=====================
Then there are animals killed for pet food.


They live and die to provide food for humans.

Thanks for admitting
your ly.


She appears far from a lying veg*n. If whoever wants to provide food for
pets can't get it without raising animals just to feed pets, then they probably
must resort to raising animals just to feed pets. But don't you believe that
most pet food is by-products from animals raised to feed humans? There are
few animals raised just to feed pets afaik...some rodents to feed reptiles, and
that's all I can think of. There are probably fish raised to feed turtles and fish
I guess. But most pet food is by-products of human food. So "AR" would
pretty much have to eliminate dogs and cats, unless people would *then*
raise animals just to feed them.

  #17 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 03-12-2005, 02:24 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
Brock Ulfsen
 
Posts: n/a
Default What do you think about this "FEED AN ANIMAL IN NEED"?

rick wrote:
And again, there are NO manufacturing processes that do not KILL
animals. Whether there are any parts in the end product makes no
difference, animals die in the process.


The following can be done with no animals slaughtered:

Iron Smelting.

Blacksmithing.

Pottery.

Glassblowing.

Of course, depends on if you mean cute furry anomals like Cows, or any
member of the animal kingdon. A variety of natural textiles can be made
with the only losses being invertibrates.

....Brock.
(An omnivore, just as I evolved to be.)
  #18 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 03-12-2005, 03:38 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
rick
 
Posts: n/a
Default What do you think about this "FEED AN ANIMAL IN NEED"?


"Brock Ulfsen" wrote in message
...
rick wrote:
And again, there are NO manufacturing processes that do not
KILL animals. Whether there are any parts in the end product
makes no difference, animals die in the process.


The following can be done with no animals slaughtered:

===============
I don't really consider these to be manufacturing processes,
especially in terms of modern technology. However, I still doubt
that even these methods will cause no animals to be killed. They
are all still dependent on power, mining, or other type
activities which was the point of my original post. Even if the
end product contains no animal parts, there will be dead animal
in the wake of the process...




Iron Smelting.

Blacksmithing.

Pottery.

Glassblowing.

Of course, depends on if you mean cute furry anomals like Cows,
or any member of the animal kingdon.

=============================
Why do only cows matter? Seems that that is all that veg*n loons
like to focus on, is that why you are, despite your claim below?


A variety of natural textiles can be made
with the only losses being invertibrates.

...Brock.
(An omnivore, just as I evolved to be.)



  #19 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 03-12-2005, 12:40 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
Brock Ulfsen
 
Posts: n/a
Default What do you think about this "FEED AN ANIMAL IN NEED"?

rick wrote:
"Brock Ulfsen" wrote in message
...

rick wrote:

And again, there are NO manufacturing processes that do not
KILL animals. Whether there are any parts in the end product
makes no difference, animals die in the process.


The following can be done with no animals slaughtered:


===============


I don't really consider these to be manufacturing processes,
especially in terms of modern technology. However, I still doubt
that even these methods will cause no animals to be killed. They
are all still dependent on power, mining, or other type
activities which was the point of my original post. Even if the
end product contains no animal parts, there will be dead animal
in the wake of the process...


They are pretty fundamental manufacturing processes. Silicon foundaries
are even less likely to have animal products involved.
Hmmm, so, like other Jains, you walk prayerfully acorss the landscape,
stooped over using a feather to brush the tiniest insects out of each
footprint space before advancing your foot?

Of course, depends on if you mean cute furry anomals like Cows,
or any member of the animal kingdon.


Why do only cows matter? Seems that that is all that veg*n loons
like to focus on, is that why you are, despite your claim below?


People have a tendancy to think of "The Poor Animals" and mean
attractive members of the mammalia.

Actually the lunatics are very Jain about it all and bicth about even
the deaths of micro-organisms...

....Brock.
(My immune system kills millions of living things each day)
  #20 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 03-12-2005, 05:07 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
rick
 
Posts: n/a
Default What do you think about this "FEED AN ANIMAL IN NEED"?


"Brock Ulfsen" wrote in message
...
rick wrote:
"Brock Ulfsen" wrote in message
...

rick wrote:

And again, there are NO manufacturing processes that do not
KILL animals. Whether there are any parts in the end product
makes no difference, animals die in the process.

The following can be done with no animals slaughtered:


===============


I don't really consider these to be manufacturing processes,
especially in terms of modern technology. However, I still
doubt that even these methods will cause no animals to be
killed. They are all still dependent on power, mining, or
other type activities which was the point of my original post.
Even if the end product contains no animal parts, there will
be dead animal in the wake of the process...


They are pretty fundamental manufacturing processes.

==========================
No, they aren't in the modern sense.


Silicon foundaries
are even less likely to have animal products involved.
Hmmm, so, like other Jains, you walk prayerfully acorss the
landscape, stooped over using a feather to brush the tiniest
insects out of each footprint space before advancing your foot?

============================
LOL You have a real comprehension problem don't you? I don't
care that animals die for my modern conveniences. I just don't
pretend, like vegans do, that by avoiding meat that I somehow
make a difference. If killing animals unnecessarily were a
concern to me, I wouldn't be here on usenet, now would I? Or do
you presuime to think that usenet doesn't contribute to the
deaths of animals either? Again, there are no processes that use
power, mining, and other human activities that do not kill
animals. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Just
because animals are not used in the "process" of what you're are
talking about doesn't mean that none died from the actiuons that
allow that process to occur. Just because animals are not in the
final product does not mean that no animals died in the
production process.



Of course, depends on if you mean cute furry anomals like
Cows, or any member of the animal kingdon.


Why do only cows matter? Seems that that is all that veg*n
loons like to focus on, is that why you are, despite your
claim below?


People have a tendancy to think of "The Poor Animals" and mean
attractive members of the mammalia.

========================
Again, you really haven't been readuing what I post, have you?
that's been my point about vegans forever. They focus only on
the animals they think others are killing, and ignore the massive
deaths they cause. They are the ones that focus on the cute
moon-eyed cows and cuddly sheep, not me. They care nothing about
the other manmmals, birds, reptiles, fish or amphibians that die
to produce their food and their modern lifestyle.



Actually the lunatics are very Jain about it all and bicth
about even the deaths of micro-organisms...

======================
Not usenet vegans, except for an insane search for itty-bitty
parts in products. They care only about the animals they think
others are killing. They completely ignore their own bloody
footprints.



...Brock.
(My immune system kills millions of living things each day)





  #21 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 03-12-2005, 10:40 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
[email protected]
 
Posts: n/a
Default What do you think about this "FEED AN ANIMAL IN NEED"?

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:40:35 +1000, Brock Ulfsen wrote:

Actually the lunatics are very Jain about it all and bicth about even
the deaths of micro-organisms...


I point out to them that:

From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
steer and whatever he happens to kill during his life, people
get over 500 pounds of human consumable meat...that's well
over 500 servings of meat. From a grass raised dairy cow people
get thousands of dairy servings. Due to the influence of farm
machinery, and *icides, and in the case of rice the flooding and
draining of fields, one serving of soy or rice based product is
likely to involve more animal deaths than hundreds of servings
derived from grass raised animals. Grass raised animal products
contribute to fewer wildlife deaths, better wildlife habitat, and
better lives for livestock than soy or rice products.

but they not only don't care about such things, they usually
if not always deny the truth of it. They care MUCH more about
promoting veg*nism than they could ever care about human
influence on animals, that much they have shown....ever one
of them that I've encountered.
  #22 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 01-01-2006, 09:43 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
Gordon Couger
 
Posts: n/a
Default What do you think about this "FEED AN ANIMAL IN NEED"?

Brock Ulfsen wrote:
rick wrote:

And again, there are NO manufacturing processes that do not KILL
animals. Whether there are any parts in the end product makes no
difference, animals die in the process.



The following can be done with no animals slaughtered:

Iron Smelting.

Blacksmithing.

Pottery.

Glassblowing.

Of course, depends on if you mean cute furry anomals like Cows, or any
member of the animal kingdon. A variety of natural textiles can be made
with the only losses being invertibrates.

...Brock.
(An omnivore, just as I evolved to be.)


I am 'faid not. Every one of the processes uses leather for protection,
belts, seals and animal fats in the the fluxs and lubricates. You may
replace the animal fat but its real hard to replace leather.

Gordon Couger
Stillwater, OK
www.couger.com/gcouger
  #23 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 03-01-2006, 01:32 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
Dave
 
Posts: n/a
Default What do you think about this "FEED AN ANIMAL IN NEED"?


Gordon Couger wrote:
Brock Ulfsen wrote:
rick wrote:

And again, there are NO manufacturing processes that do not KILL
animals. Whether there are any parts in the end product makes no
difference, animals die in the process.



The following can be done with no animals slaughtered:

Iron Smelting.

Blacksmithing.

Pottery.

Glassblowing.

Of course, depends on if you mean cute furry anomals like Cows, or any
member of the animal kingdon. A variety of natural textiles can be made
with the only losses being invertibrates.

...Brock.
(An omnivore, just as I evolved to be.)


I am 'faid not. Every one of the processes uses leather for protection,
belts, seals and animal fats in the the fluxs and lubricates. You may
replace the animal fat but its real hard to replace leather.


Then logically anything bought in a glass jar ought to be classed
unsuitable for vegans. Is there any type of packaging that is?

Gordon Couger
Stillwater, OK
www.couger.com/gcouger


  #24 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 03-01-2006, 07:40 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
The Watcher
 
Posts: n/a
Default What do you think about this "FEED AN ANIMAL IN NEED"?

On 2 Jan 2006 16:32:29 -0800, "Dave" wrote:


Gordon Couger wrote:
Brock Ulfsen wrote:
rick wrote:

And again, there are NO manufacturing processes that do not KILL
animals. Whether there are any parts in the end product makes no
difference, animals die in the process.


The following can be done with no animals slaughtered:

Iron Smelting.

Blacksmithing.

Pottery.

Glassblowing.

Of course, depends on if you mean cute furry anomals like Cows, or any
member of the animal kingdon. A variety of natural textiles can be made
with the only losses being invertibrates.

...Brock.
(An omnivore, just as I evolved to be.)


I am 'faid not. Every one of the processes uses leather for protection,
belts, seals and animal fats in the the fluxs and lubricates. You may
replace the animal fat but its real hard to replace leather.


Then logically anything bought in a glass jar ought to be classed
unsuitable for vegans. Is there any type of packaging that is?


Holding things in your hands?


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Irrational Search for Micrograms (of Animal Parts) proves that"veganism" isn't about so-called "factory farms" at all Rudy Canoza[_8_] Vegan 0 19-08-2016 06:04 PM
"animal rights" activist sentenced to prison for criminal vandalism Rudy Canoza[_8_] Vegan 0 04-05-2016 02:43 PM
Goo enjoys watching "disgusting animal combats". [email protected] Vegan 1 06-11-2012 05:46 PM
Animal welfare, not animal "rights" Rudy Canoza[_3_] Vegan 10 21-02-2008 05:38 PM
Growing crops for livestock feed is not "inefficient" [email protected] Vegan 2 16-02-2006 07:27 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017