Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
Gordon Couger

Default What do you think about this "FEED AN ANIMAL IN NEED"?

Brock Ulfsen wrote:
> rick wrote:
>
>> And again, there are NO manufacturing processes that do not KILL
>> animals. Whether there are any parts in the end product makes no
>> difference, animals die in the process.

> The following can be done with no animals slaughtered:
>
> Iron Smelting.
>
> Blacksmithing.
>
> Pottery.
>
> Glassblowing.
>
> Of course, depends on if you mean cute furry anomals like Cows, or any
> member of the animal kingdon. A variety of natural textiles can be made
> with the only losses being invertibrates.
>
> ...Brock.
> (An omnivore, just as I evolved to be.)

I am 'faid not. Every one of the processes uses leather for protection,
belts, seals and animal fats in the the fluxs and lubricates. You may
replace the animal fat but its real hard to replace leather.

Gordon Couger
Stillwater, OK
www.couger.com/gcouger