Old 03-11-2005, 09:56 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural

Default What do you think about this "FEED AN ANIMAL IN NEED"?

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Old 04-11-2005, 01:40 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural

It helps to feed the critters so speding a minute to click on the site
is worth it for me. I made it my startup window so I wouldn't forget
the critters.

Old 05-11-2005, 09:24 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural

On 3 Nov 2005 16:40:08 -0800, wrote:

It helps to feed the critters so speding a minute to click on the site
is worth it for me. I made it my startup window so I wouldn't forget
the critters.

So far I agree with you. Now that you remind me, I guess I'll
go feed them now...
Old 10-11-2005, 05:33 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
[email protected]

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:56:37 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Go feed something...
Old 25-11-2005, 05:45 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
[email protected]

[email protected] wrote:
On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:56:37 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Go feed something...

It's fine with me if that's what they want to do. But aren't they
killing other animals to make the pet food?

Old 26-11-2005, 09:31 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
[email protected]

On 25 Nov 2005 08:45:20 -0800, wrote:

[email protected] wrote:
On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:56:37 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Go feed something...

It's fine with me if that's what they want to do. But aren't they
killing other animals to make the pet food?

I doubt it. I've never heard of animals being raised as pet
food other than rodents for snakes. Pet food is made from
animal by products, as are these other items which veg*ns
quite frequently contribute to:

Tires, Paints, Paper, Upholstery, Floor waxes, Glass, Water
Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer, Antifreeze, Ceramics, Insecticides,
Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic, Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen,
Heparin, Insulin, Pancreatin, Thrombin, Vasopressin, Vitamin B-12,
Asphalt, auto and jet lubricants, outboard engine oil, brake fluid,
glues, inks, Solvents, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides, Gelatin
Capsules, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products, Plywood,
Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane Wrap and
Tape, Abrasivesl, Steel Ball Bearings
Old 26-11-2005, 09:50 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
Shiver

Steel Ball Bearings

Rover got made into ball bearings.....??????

Out of curiousity just what part of him did they use for that.
Old 27-11-2005, 06:46 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
[email protected]

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 20:50:51 GMT, Shiver wrote:

Steel Ball Bearings

Rover got made into ball bearings.....??????

Probably not.

Out of curiousity just what part of him did they use for that.

Probably no part.
Old 28-11-2005, 08:54 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
Jan Flora

In article .com,
wrote:

[email protected] wrote:
On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:56:37 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Go feed something...

It's fine with me if that's what they want to do. But aren't they
killing other animals to make the pet food?

No.

--
The way to a man's heart is between the fourth and the fifth rib.
Old 28-11-2005, 09:36 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
rick

"Jan Flora" wrote in message
In article
.com,
wrote:

[email protected] wrote:
On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:56:37 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Go feed something...

It's fine with me if that's what they want to do. But aren't
they
killing other animals to make the pet food?

No.
============

Uh, yes. There is no manufacturing process that doesn't kill
animals.

Old 29-11-2005, 02:36 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
Jan Flora

In article et,
"rick" wrote:

"Jan Flora" wrote in message
In article
.com,
wrote:

[email protected] wrote:
On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:56:37 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Go feed something...

It's fine with me if that's what they want to do. But aren't
they
killing other animals to make the pet food?

No.
============

Uh, yes. There is no manufacturing process that doesn't kill
animals.

They render animal parts from critters that were already killed for
other purposes, like human consumption.

Where I grew up (near San Francisco), we had a knacker-man that
would come around and pick up dead pets and roadkilled animals.
They were rendered to make soap, candles, and probably -- but I
don't know this for sure -- pet food. That was in the 50's, 60's
and 70's.

I live on a beef cattle ranch (and will plonk any flamers). When
we have a cow die during calving or some other untimely death,
we give the carcass to neighbors who have sled dog teams, for
dog food. (Several of our neighbors run the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog
Race every spring.)

When we have a horse die, we put the carcass out on the canyon rim
for the grizzley bears and bald eagles to eat. (In deep winter, it
takes the eagles about 3 days to eat a 1500 lb. horse carcass down
to bones and hide.)

Jan, in Alaska

--
The way to a man's heart is between the fourth and the fifth rib.
Old 29-11-2005, 04:18 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
rick

"Jan Flora" wrote in message
In article
et,
"rick" wrote:

"Jan Flora" wrote in message
In article
.com,
wrote:

[email protected] wrote:
On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:56:37 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Go feed something...

It's fine with me if that's what they want to do. But
aren't
they
killing other animals to make the pet food?

No.
============

Uh, yes. There is no manufacturing process that doesn't kill
animals.

They render animal parts from critters that were already killed
for
other purposes, like human consumption.

=====================
Then there are animals killed for pet food. Thanks for admitting
your ly.

[...]

==================================
And again, there are NO manufacturing processes that do not KILL
animals. Whether there are any parts in the end product makes no
difference, animals die in the process.

Old 29-11-2005, 08:20 AM posted to sci.agriculture,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
Oz

Jan Flora writes

They render animal parts from critters that were already killed for
other purposes, like human consumption.

Yup.

Where I grew up (near San Francisco), we had a knacker-man that
would come around and pick up dead pets and roadkilled animals.
They were rendered to make soap, candles, and probably -- but I
don't know this for sure -- pet food. That was in the 50's, 60's
and 70's.

They certainly did in the UK up until BSE.

I live on a beef cattle ranch (and will plonk any flamers). When
we have a cow die during calving or some other untimely death,
we give the carcass to neighbors who have sled dog teams, for
dog food. (Several of our neighbors run the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog
Race every spring.)

A good use.

When we have a horse die, we put the carcass out on the canyon rim
for the grizzley bears and bald eagles to eat. (In deep winter, it
takes the eagles about 3 days to eat a 1500 lb. horse carcass down
to bones and hide.)

A good ecological use.

However aren't all wild animals vegetarian according to some sources?

--
Oz

Use functions].
BTOPENWORLD address has ceased. DEMON address has ceased.

Old 29-11-2005, 08:24 AM posted to sci.agriculture,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
S. Maizlich

Oz wrote:

Jan Flora writes

[...]

You mean wild animals like lions and polar bears and
orcas and pirhanas? No, I don't think so.
Old 29-11-2005, 12:01 PM posted to sci.agriculture,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Phred

In article .net, "S. Maizlich" wrote:
Oz wrote:
Jan Flora writes

When we have a horse die, we put the carcass out on the canyon rim
for the grizzley bears and bald eagles to eat. (In deep winter, it
takes the eagles about 3 days to eat a 1500 lb. horse carcass down
to bones and hide.)

A good ecological use.

However aren't all wild animals vegetarian according to some sources?

You mean wild animals like lions and polar bears and
orcas and pirhanas? No, I don't think so.

You didn't check the sources Oz referred to.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID