Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
dh@.

Default What do you think about this "FEED AN ANIMAL IN NEED"?

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural

It helps to feed the critters so speding a minute to click on the site
is worth it for me. I made it my startup window so I wouldn't forget
the critters.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
dh@.

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:56:37 -0500, dh@. wrote:

>http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Go feed something...
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture

dh@. wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:56:37 -0500, dh@. wrote:
>

> >http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

> Go feed something...

It's fine with me if that's what they want to do. But aren't they
killing other animals to make the pet food?

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
dh@.

On 25 Nov 2005 08:45:20 -0800, wrote:

>dh@. wrote:
>> On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:56:37 -0500, dh@. wrote:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

>> Go feed something...

>It's fine with me if that's what they want to do. But aren't they
>killing other animals to make the pet food?

I doubt it. I've never heard of animals being raised as pet
food other than rodents for snakes. Pet food is made from
animal by products, as are these other items which veg*ns
quite frequently contribute to:

Tires, Paints, Paper, Upholstery, Floor waxes, Glass, Water
Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer, Antifreeze, Ceramics, Insecticides,
Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic, Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen,
Heparin, Insulin, Pancreatin, Thrombin, Vasopressin, Vitamin B-12,
Asphalt, auto and jet lubricants, outboard engine oil, brake fluid,
glues, inks, Solvents, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides, Gelatin
Capsules, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products, Plywood,
Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane Wrap and
Tape, Abrasivesl, Steel Ball Bearings
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
Shiver

> Steel Ball Bearings

Rover got made into ball bearings.....??????

Out of curiousity just what part of him did they use for that.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
dh@.

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 20:50:51 GMT, Shiver > wrote:

>> Steel Ball Bearings

>Rover got made into ball bearings.....??????

Probably not.

>Out of curiousity just what part of him did they use for that.

Probably no part.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
Jan Flora

In article .com>,
wrote:

> dh@. wrote:
> > On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:56:37 -0500, dh@. wrote:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

> > Go feed something...

> It's fine with me if that's what they want to do. But aren't they
> killing other animals to make the pet food?

No.

--
The way to a man's heart is between the fourth and the fifth rib.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
rick

"Jan Flora" > wrote in message
> In article
> .com>,
> wrote:
>
>> dh@. wrote:
>> > On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:56:37 -0500, dh@. wrote:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

>> > Go feed something...

>> It's fine with me if that's what they want to do. But aren't
>> they
>> killing other animals to make the pet food?
>>

> No.
> ============

Uh, yes. There is no manufacturing process that doesn't kill
animals.

> --
> The way to a man's heart is between the fourth and the fifth
> rib.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
Jan Flora

In article et>,
"rick" > wrote:

> "Jan Flora" > wrote in message
> > In article
> > .com>,
> > wrote:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

> >> It's fine with me if that's what they want to do. But aren't
> >> they
> >> killing other animals to make the pet food?
> >>

> > No.
> > ============

> Uh, yes. There is no manufacturing process that doesn't kill
> animals.

They render animal parts from critters that were already killed for
other purposes, like human consumption.

Where I grew up (near San Francisco), we had a knacker-man that
would come around and pick up dead pets and roadkilled animals.
They were rendered to make soap, candles, and probably -- but I
don't know this for sure -- pet food. That was in the 50's, 60's
and 70's.

I live on a beef cattle ranch (and will plonk any flamers). When
we have a cow die during calving or some other untimely death,
we give the carcass to neighbors who have sled dog teams, for
dog food. (Several of our neighbors run the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog
Race every spring.)

When we have a horse die, we put the carcass out on the canyon rim
for the grizzley bears and bald eagles to eat. (In deep winter, it
takes the eagles about 3 days to eat a 1500 lb. horse carcass down
to bones and hide.)

Jan, in Alaska

--
The way to a man's heart is between the fourth and the fifth rib.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
rick

"Jan Flora" > wrote in message
> In article
> et>,
> "rick" > wrote:
>
>> "Jan Flora" > wrote in message
>> > In article
>> > .com>,

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

>> > No.
>> > ============

>> Uh, yes. There is no manufacturing process that doesn't kill
>> animals.
>>

> They render animal parts from critters that were already killed
> for
> other purposes, like human consumption.

=====================
Then there are animals killed for pet food. Thanks for admitting
your ly.

> Where I grew up (near San Francisco), we had a knacker-man that
> would come around and pick up dead pets and roadkilled animals.
> They were rendered to make soap, candles, and probably -- but I
> don't know this for sure -- pet food. That was in the 50's,
> 60's
> and 70's.
>
> I live on a beef cattle ranch (and will plonk any flamers).
> When
> we have a cow die during calving or some other untimely death,
> we give the carcass to neighbors who have sled dog teams, for
> dog food. (Several of our neighbors run the Iditarod Trail Sled
> Dog
> Race every spring.)
>
> When we have a horse die, we put the carcass out on the canyon
> rim
> for the grizzley bears and bald eagles to eat. (In deep winter,
> it
> takes the eagles about 3 days to eat a 1500 lb. horse carcass
> down
> to bones and hide.)
>
> Jan, in Alaska

==================================
And again, there are NO manufacturing processes that do not KILL
animals. Whether there are any parts in the end product makes no
difference, animals die in the process.

> --
> The way to a man's heart is between the fourth and the fifth
> rib.

Posted to sci.agriculture,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
Oz

Jan Flora > writes

>They render animal parts from critters that were already killed for
>other purposes, like human consumption.

Yup.

>Where I grew up (near San Francisco), we had a knacker-man that
>would come around and pick up dead pets and roadkilled animals.
>They were rendered to make soap, candles, and probably -- but I
>don't know this for sure -- pet food. That was in the 50's, 60's
>and 70's.

They certainly did in the UK up until BSE.

>I live on a beef cattle ranch (and will plonk any flamers). When
>we have a cow die during calving or some other untimely death,
>we give the carcass to neighbors who have sled dog teams, for
>dog food. (Several of our neighbors run the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog
>Race every spring.)

A good use.

>When we have a horse die, we put the carcass out on the canyon rim
>for the grizzley bears and bald eagles to eat. (In deep winter, it
>takes the eagles about 3 days to eat a 1500 lb. horse carcass down
>to bones and hide.)

A good ecological use.

However aren't all wild animals vegetarian according to some sources?

--
Oz

Use functions].
BTOPENWORLD address has ceased. DEMON address has ceased.

Posted to sci.agriculture,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
S. Maizlich

Oz wrote:

> Jan Flora > writes
>

>>They render animal parts from critters that were already killed for
>>other purposes, like human consumption.

> Yup.
>

>>Where I grew up (near San Francisco), we had a knacker-man that
>>would come around and pick up dead pets and roadkilled animals.
>>They were rendered to make soap, candles, and probably -- but I
>>don't know this for sure -- pet food. That was in the 50's, 60's
>>and 70's.

> They certainly did in the UK up until BSE.
>

>>I live on a beef cattle ranch (and will plonk any flamers). When
>>we have a cow die during calving or some other untimely death,
>>we give the carcass to neighbors who have sled dog teams, for
>>dog food. (Several of our neighbors run the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog
>>Race every spring.)

> A good use.
>

>>When we have a horse die, we put the carcass out on the canyon rim
>>for the grizzley bears and bald eagles to eat. (In deep winter, it
>>takes the eagles about 3 days to eat a 1500 lb. horse carcass down
>>to bones and hide.)

> A good ecological use.
>
> However aren't all wild animals vegetarian according to some sources?

You mean wild animals like lions and polar bears and
orcas and pirhanas? No, I don't think so.
Posted to sci.agriculture,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Phred

In article .net>, "S. Maizlich" > wrote:
>Oz wrote:
>> Jan Flora > writes
>>
>>>When we have a horse die, we put the carcass out on the canyon rim
>>>for the grizzley bears and bald eagles to eat. (In deep winter, it
>>>takes the eagles about 3 days to eat a 1500 lb. horse carcass down
>>>to bones and hide.)

>> A good ecological use.
>>
>> However aren't all wild animals vegetarian according to some sources?

>You mean wild animals like lions and polar bears and
>orcas and pirhanas? No, I don't think so.

You didn't check the sources Oz referred to.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
dh@.

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 03:18:51 GMT, "rick" > wrote:

>"Jan Flora" > wrote in message
>> In article
>> et>,

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

>>> Uh, yes. There is no manufacturing process that doesn't kill
>>> animals.
>>>

>> They render animal parts from critters that were already killed
>> for
>> other purposes, like human consumption.

>=====================
>Then there are animals killed for pet food.

They live and die to provide food for humans.

>Thanks for admitting
>your ly.

She appears far from a lying veg*n. If whoever wants to provide food for
pets can't get it without raising animals just to feed pets, then they probably
must resort to raising animals just to feed pets. But don't you believe that
most pet food is by-products from animals raised to feed humans? There are
few animals raised just to feed pets afaik...some rodents to feed reptiles, and
that's all I can think of. There are probably fish raised to feed turtles and fish
I guess. But most pet food is by-products of human food. So "AR" would
pretty much have to eliminate dogs and cats, unless people would *then*
raise animals just to feed them.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
Brock Ulfsen

rick wrote:
> And again, there are NO manufacturing processes that do not KILL
> animals. Whether there are any parts in the end product makes no
> difference, animals die in the process.

The following can be done with no animals slaughtered:

Iron Smelting.

Blacksmithing.

Pottery.

Glassblowing.

Of course, depends on if you mean cute furry anomals like Cows, or any
member of the animal kingdon. A variety of natural textiles can be made
with the only losses being invertibrates.

....Brock.
(An omnivore, just as I evolved to be.)
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
rick

"Brock Ulfsen" > wrote in message
> rick wrote:
>> And again, there are NO manufacturing processes that do not
>> KILL animals. Whether there are any parts in the end product
>> makes no difference, animals die in the process.

> The following can be done with no animals slaughtered:

===============
I don't really consider these to be manufacturing processes,
especially in terms of modern technology. However, I still doubt
that even these methods will cause no animals to be killed. They
are all still dependent on power, mining, or other type
activities which was the point of my original post. Even if the
end product contains no animal parts, there will be dead animal
in the wake of the process...

> Iron Smelting.
>
> Blacksmithing.
>
> Pottery.
>
> Glassblowing.
>
> Of course, depends on if you mean cute furry anomals like Cows,
> or any member of the animal kingdon.

=============================
Why do only cows matter? Seems that that is all that veg*n loons
like to focus on, is that why you are, despite your claim below?

A variety of natural textiles can be made
> with the only losses being invertibrates.
>
> ...Brock.
> (An omnivore, just as I evolved to be.)

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
Brock Ulfsen

rick wrote:
> "Brock Ulfsen" > wrote in message
>
>>rick wrote:
>>
>>>And again, there are NO manufacturing processes that do not
>>>KILL animals. Whether there are any parts in the end product
>>>makes no difference, animals die in the process.

>>The following can be done with no animals slaughtered:

> ===============

> I don't really consider these to be manufacturing processes,
> especially in terms of modern technology. However, I still doubt
> that even these methods will cause no animals to be killed. They
> are all still dependent on power, mining, or other type
> activities which was the point of my original post. Even if the
> end product contains no animal parts, there will be dead animal
> in the wake of the process...

They are pretty fundamental manufacturing processes. Silicon foundaries
are even less likely to have animal products involved.
Hmmm, so, like other Jains, you walk prayerfully acorss the landscape,
stooped over using a feather to brush the tiniest insects out of each
footprint space before advancing your foot?

>>Of course, depends on if you mean cute furry anomals like Cows,
>>or any member of the animal kingdon.

> Why do only cows matter? Seems that that is all that veg*n loons
> like to focus on, is that why you are, despite your claim below?

People have a tendancy to think of "The Poor Animals" and mean
attractive members of the mammalia.

Actually the lunatics are very Jain about it all and bicth about even
the deaths of micro-organisms...

....Brock.
(My immune system kills millions of living things each day)
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
rick

"Brock Ulfsen" > wrote in message
> rick wrote:

>>>The following can be done with no animals slaughtered:

>> ===============

>> I don't really consider these to be manufacturing processes,
>> especially in terms of modern technology. However, I still
>> doubt that even these methods will cause no animals to be
>> killed. They are all still dependent on power, mining, or
>> other type activities which was the point of my original post.
>> Even if the end product contains no animal parts, there will
>> be dead animal in the wake of the process...

> They are pretty fundamental manufacturing processes.

==========================
No, they aren't in the modern sense.

Silicon foundaries
> are even less likely to have animal products involved.
> Hmmm, so, like other Jains, you walk prayerfully acorss the
> landscape, stooped over using a feather to brush the tiniest
> insects out of each footprint space before advancing your foot?

============================
LOL You have a real comprehension problem don't you? I don't
care that animals die for my modern conveniences. I just don't
pretend, like vegans do, that by avoiding meat that I somehow
make a difference. If killing animals unnecessarily were a
concern to me, I wouldn't be here on usenet, now would I? Or do
you presuime to think that usenet doesn't contribute to the
deaths of animals either? Again, there are no processes that use
power, mining, and other human activities that do not kill
animals. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Just
because animals are not used in the "process" of what you're are
talking about doesn't mean that none died from the actiuons that
allow that process to occur. Just because animals are not in the
final product does not mean that no animals died in the
production process.

>>>Of course, depends on if you mean cute furry anomals like
>>>Cows, or any member of the animal kingdon.

>> Why do only cows matter? Seems that that is all that veg*n
>> loons like to focus on, is that why you are, despite your
>> claim below?

> People have a tendancy to think of "The Poor Animals" and mean
> attractive members of the mammalia.

========================
Again, you really haven't been readuing what I post, have you?
that's been my point about vegans forever. They focus only on
the animals they think others are killing, and ignore the massive
deaths they cause. They are the ones that focus on the cute
moon-eyed cows and cuddly sheep, not me. They care nothing about
the other manmmals, birds, reptiles, fish or amphibians that die
to produce their food and their modern lifestyle.

> Actually the lunatics are very Jain about it all and bicth
> about even the deaths of micro-organisms...

======================
Not usenet vegans, except for an insane search for itty-bitty
parts in products. They care only about the animals they think
others are killing. They completely ignore their own bloody
footprints.

> ...Brock.
> (My immune system kills millions of living things each day)

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
dh@.

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:40:35 +1000, Brock Ulfsen > wrote:

>Actually the lunatics are very Jain about it all and bicth about even
>the deaths of micro-organisms...

I point out to them that:

· From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised

but they not only don't care about such things, they usually
if not always deny the truth of it. They care MUCH more about
promoting veg*nism than they could ever care about human
influence on animals, that much they have shown....ever one
of them that I've encountered.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
Gordon Couger

Brock Ulfsen wrote:
> rick wrote:
>
>> And again, there are NO manufacturing processes that do not KILL
>> animals. Whether there are any parts in the end product makes no
>> difference, animals die in the process.

> The following can be done with no animals slaughtered:
>
> Iron Smelting.
>
> Blacksmithing.
>
> Pottery.
>
> Glassblowing.
>
> Of course, depends on if you mean cute furry anomals like Cows, or any
> member of the animal kingdon. A variety of natural textiles can be made
> with the only losses being invertibrates.
>
> ...Brock.
> (An omnivore, just as I evolved to be.)

I am 'faid not. Every one of the processes uses leather for protection,
belts, seals and animal fats in the the fluxs and lubricates. You may
replace the animal fat but its real hard to replace leather.

Gordon Couger
Stillwater, OK
www.couger.com/gcouger
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
Dave

Gordon Couger wrote:
> Brock Ulfsen wrote:
> > rick wrote:
> >
> >> And again, there are NO manufacturing processes that do not KILL
> >> animals. Whether there are any parts in the end product makes no
> >> difference, animals die in the process.

> > The following can be done with no animals slaughtered:
> >
> > Iron Smelting.
> >
> > Blacksmithing.
> >
> > Pottery.
> >
> > Glassblowing.
> >
> > Of course, depends on if you mean cute furry anomals like Cows, or any
> > member of the animal kingdon. A variety of natural textiles can be made
> > with the only losses being invertibrates.
> >
> > ...Brock.
> > (An omnivore, just as I evolved to be.)

> I am 'faid not. Every one of the processes uses leather for protection,
> belts, seals and animal fats in the the fluxs and lubricates. You may
> replace the animal fat but its real hard to replace leather.

Then logically anything bought in a glass jar ought to be classed
unsuitable for vegans. Is there any type of packaging that is?

> Gordon Couger
> Stillwater, OK
> www.couger.com/gcouger

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
The Watcher

On 2 Jan 2006 16:32:29 -0800, "Dave" > wrote:

>Gordon Couger wrote:
>> Brock Ulfsen wrote:

>> > The following can be done with no animals slaughtered:
>> >
>> > Iron Smelting.
>> >
>> > Blacksmithing.
>> >
>> > Pottery.
>> >
>> > Glassblowing.
>> >
>> > Of course, depends on if you mean cute furry anomals like Cows, or any
>> > member of the animal kingdon. A variety of natural textiles can be made
>> > with the only losses being invertibrates.
>> >
>> > ...Brock.
>> > (An omnivore, just as I evolved to be.)

>> I am 'faid not. Every one of the processes uses leather for protection,
>> belts, seals and animal fats in the the fluxs and lubricates. You may
>> replace the animal fat but its real hard to replace leather.

>Then logically anything bought in a glass jar ought to be classed
>unsuitable for vegans. Is there any type of packaging that is?

Holding things in your hands?