Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
rick

Default What do you think about this "FEED AN ANIMAL IN NEED"?

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

>> > No.
>> > ============

>> Uh, yes. There is no manufacturing process that doesn't kill
>> animals.
>>

> They render animal parts from critters that were already killed
> for
> other purposes, like human consumption.

=====================
Then there are animals killed for pet food. Thanks for admitting
your ly.

> Where I grew up (near San Francisco), we had a knacker-man that
> would come around and pick up dead pets and roadkilled animals.
> They were rendered to make soap, candles, and probably -- but I
> don't know this for sure -- pet food. That was in the 50's,
> 60's
> and 70's.
>
> I live on a beef cattle ranch (and will plonk any flamers).
> When
> we have a cow die during calving or some other untimely death,
> we give the carcass to neighbors who have sled dog teams, for
> dog food. (Several of our neighbors run the Iditarod Trail Sled
> Dog
> Race every spring.)
>
> When we have a horse die, we put the carcass out on the canyon
> rim
> for the grizzley bears and bald eagles to eat. (In deep winter,
> it
> takes the eagles about 3 days to eat a 1500 lb. horse carcass
> down
> to bones and hide.)
>
> Jan, in Alaska

And again, there are NO manufacturing processes that do not KILL
animals. Whether there are any parts in the end product makes no
difference, animals die in the process.