Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
rick

Default What do you think about this "FEED AN ANIMAL IN NEED"?

"Brock Ulfsen" > wrote in message
> rick wrote:

>>>The following can be done with no animals slaughtered:

>> ===============

>> I don't really consider these to be manufacturing processes,
>> especially in terms of modern technology. However, I still
>> doubt that even these methods will cause no animals to be
>> killed. They are all still dependent on power, mining, or
>> other type activities which was the point of my original post.
>> Even if the end product contains no animal parts, there will
>> be dead animal in the wake of the process...

> They are pretty fundamental manufacturing processes.

==========================
No, they aren't in the modern sense.

Silicon foundaries
> are even less likely to have animal products involved.
> Hmmm, so, like other Jains, you walk prayerfully acorss the
> landscape, stooped over using a feather to brush the tiniest
> insects out of each footprint space before advancing your foot?

============================
LOL You have a real comprehension problem don't you? I don't
care that animals die for my modern conveniences. I just don't
pretend, like vegans do, that by avoiding meat that I somehow
make a difference. If killing animals unnecessarily were a
concern to me, I wouldn't be here on usenet, now would I? Or do
you presuime to think that usenet doesn't contribute to the
deaths of animals either? Again, there are no processes that use
power, mining, and other human activities that do not kill
animals. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Just
because animals are not used in the "process" of what you're are
talking about doesn't mean that none died from the actiuons that
allow that process to occur. Just because animals are not in the
final product does not mean that no animals died in the
production process.

>>>Of course, depends on if you mean cute furry anomals like
>>>Cows, or any member of the animal kingdon.

>> Why do only cows matter? Seems that that is all that veg*n
>> loons like to focus on, is that why you are, despite your
>> claim below?

> People have a tendancy to think of "The Poor Animals" and mean
> attractive members of the mammalia.

========================
Again, you really haven't been readuing what I post, have you?
that's been my point about vegans forever. They focus only on
the animals they think others are killing, and ignore the massive
deaths they cause. They are the ones that focus on the cute
moon-eyed cows and cuddly sheep, not me. They care nothing about
the other manmmals, birds, reptiles, fish or amphibians that die
to produce their food and their modern lifestyle.

> Actually the lunatics are very Jain about it all and bicth
> about even the deaths of micro-organisms...

Not usenet vegans, except for an insane search for itty-bitty
parts in products. They care only about the animals they think
others are killing. They completely ignore their own bloody
footprints.