usual suspect

Default Advice about juicers

luigisqeegy wrote:
> Is there anyone out there who regularly juices fruit and vegetables?

Yes.

> I enjoy nearly all the fruit juices but find that the vegetable juices are
> very unpalatable.
> Any tips on how to make them more appealing?

Have you tried fresh carrot juice? A lot of people are used to the
sweetness of fruit juices, and are put off by the richer tastes of
certain veggie juices. Carrots are fairly sweet and make a good base for
mixed vegetable juice, especially if you add greens (which tend to be
kind of bitter). The other way to make veggies juices more appealing is
to throw in an apple or two.

> I am hoping to buy a masticating juicer, when funds allow. Is it worth it
> and is one model better than another?

I use a Champion juicer, and have had it for over 20 years; Champions
are built to last (mine weighs at least 15 pounds). The only thing I
don't like about it is cleaning it, but it's not really a hassle. Other
people here seem happy with other less expensive juicers. The extruded
pulp from my fruits and veggies is very dry, so I know I get excellent
extraction. The pulp can be used in cooking, but you'll end up with more
pulp than you can eat if you juice regularly. It makes good compost.

> I am a UK resident so there may be limits on where I can buy one.

Champion ships to the UK. Check with other manufacturers to see if their
models are compatible. You have plenty of options, it just depends what
you're willing to spend and how long you want yours to last. Quality has
a price. It would cost me $300 to replace my Champion, but (as I said)
the one I have now has lasted over 20 years without ANY trouble. That's
less than $15 a year -- less than some of my friends have spent with
their "cheaper" juicers.

> I would also appreciate any suggestions for juicing websites.

Many sites are filled with information designed to sell you a particular
model, and raw-activist sites are filled with outlandish claims about
the benefits of juicing. I'm all for juicing, but you have to remember
that juice is a form of concentrated calories with most of the
beneficial fiber removed.

Everything in moderation.

Michael Balarama

I juice every day- carrot and celery-stick in other stuff..I had an
expensive juice and gave it away-I have a inexpensive Juiceman -cost $60.
When you buy a juicer make sure the hole that you put stuff in is large
enough or you will cutting up everything you juice-that is a hassle-that is
why I settled on a juiceman-very very easy to clean and a big hole to stick
carrots in..
Michael
"luigisqeegy" > wrote in message
. DE...
> Is there anyone out there who regularly juices fruit and vegetables?
> I enjoy nearly all the fruit juices but find that the vegetable juices are
> very unpalatable.
> Any tips on how to make them more appealing?
> I am hoping to buy a masticating juicer, when funds allow. Is it worth it
> and is one model better than another?
> I am a UK resident so there may be limits on where I can buy one.
> I would also appreciate any suggestions for juicing websites.
> Thanks!

Earl

hih~
i am a newbie~
however~mind telling me where r u living at?
this was cheap for $60
I had just visited the site
https://secure.sanopi.net/asotvso/or...efcode=&tid=14 ,
it costs $99.99 exclued the shipping~
is this expensive?~
btw~is nice meeting u all here~i am living in hk now..=)

however, again,~is having the juice better or consume the fruits in whole?~
Thanx~=)

"Michael Balarama" > ¦b¶l¥ó
¤¤¼¶¼g...
> I juice every day- carrot and celery-stick in other stuff..I had an
> expensive juice and gave it away-I have a inexpensive Juiceman -cost $60.
> When you buy a juicer make sure the hole that you put stuff in is large
> enough or you will cutting up everything you juice-that is a hassle-that

is
> why I settled on a juiceman-very very easy to clean and a big hole to

stick
> carrots in..
> Michael
> "luigisqeegy" > wrote in message
> . DE...
> > Is there anyone out there who regularly juices fruit and vegetables?
> > I enjoy nearly all the fruit juices but find that the vegetable juices

are
> > very unpalatable.
> > Any tips on how to make them more appealing?
> > I am hoping to buy a masticating juicer, when funds allow. Is it worth

it
> > and is one model better than another?
> > I am a UK resident so there may be limits on where I can buy one.
> > I would also appreciate any suggestions for juicing websites.
> > Thanks!

Earl

o~do u guys know where i could buy it online by international shopping?~
i just checked the site out again~
they dun offer international shipping~=I
A thousand thanx.=)

"Michael Balarama" > ¦b¶l¥ó
¤¤¼¶¼g...
> I juice every day- carrot and celery-stick in other stuff..I had an
> expensive juice and gave it away-I have a inexpensive Juiceman -cost $60.
> When you buy a juicer make sure the hole that you put stuff in is large
> enough or you will cutting up everything you juice-that is a hassle-that

is
> why I settled on a juiceman-very very easy to clean and a big hole to

stick
> carrots in..
> Michael
> "luigisqeegy" > wrote in message
> . DE...
> > Is there anyone out there who regularly juices fruit and vegetables?
> > I enjoy nearly all the fruit juices but find that the vegetable juices

are
> > very unpalatable.
> > Any tips on how to make them more appealing?
> > I am hoping to buy a masticating juicer, when funds allow. Is it worth

it
> > and is one model better than another?
> > I am a UK resident so there may be limits on where I can buy one.
> > I would also appreciate any suggestions for juicing websites.
> > Thanks!

Michael Balarama

http://www.juiceman-juicer.com/jm_contacts.html
check out this site-this is my juice-I paid a bit less at a discount store
in the USA...it has the big hole for sticking veggies/carrots in..and cleans
very easy...
they say on the site-they will ship overseas...
I am very satisfied with this juicer..had it for about 9 months and juice
every day--I started for my wife-and still make it for jer-but I am addicted
and make about 1/2 quart of carrot/celery juice every day.
Michael

"Earl" > wrote in message
> o~do u guys know where i could buy it online by international shopping?~
> i just checked the site out again~
> they dun offer international shipping~=I
> A thousand thanx.=)
>
> "Michael Balarama" > ¦b¶l¥ó
> ¤¤¼¶¼g...
> > I juice every day- carrot and celery-stick in other stuff..I had an
> > expensive juice and gave it away-I have a inexpensive Juiceman -cost

$60.
> > When you buy a juicer make sure the hole that you put stuff in is large
> > enough or you will cutting up everything you juice-that is a hassle-that

> is
> > why I settled on a juiceman-very very easy to clean and a big hole to

> stick
> > carrots in..
> > Michael
> > "luigisqeegy" > wrote in message
> > . DE...
> > > Is there anyone out there who regularly juices fruit and vegetables?
> > > I enjoy nearly all the fruit juices but find that the vegetable juices

> are
> > > very unpalatable.
> > > Any tips on how to make them more appealing?
> > > I am hoping to buy a masticating juicer, when funds allow. Is it worth

> it
> > > and is one model better than another?
> > > I am a UK resident so there may be limits on where I can buy one.
> > > I would also appreciate any suggestions for juicing websites.
> > > Thanks!

Earl

o..thanx for ur detail information..=)

"Michael Balarama" > ¦b¶l¥ó
¤¤¼¶¼g...
> http://www.juiceman-juicer.com/jm_contacts.html
> check out this site-this is my juice-I paid a bit less at a discount store
> in the USA...it has the big hole for sticking veggies/carrots in..and

cleans
> very easy...
> they say on the site-they will ship overseas...
> I am very satisfied with this juicer..had it for about 9 months and juice
> every day--I started for my wife-and still make it for jer-but I am

addicted
> and make about 1/2 quart of carrot/celery juice every day.
> Michael
>
> "Earl" > wrote in message
> > o~do u guys know where i could buy it online by international shopping?~
> > i just checked the site out again~
> > they dun offer international shipping~=I
> > A thousand thanx.=)
> >
> > "Michael Balarama" > ¦b¶l¥ó
> > ¤¤¼¶¼g...
> > > I juice every day- carrot and celery-stick in other stuff..I had an
> > > expensive juice and gave it away-I have a inexpensive Juiceman -cost

> $60.
> > > When you buy a juicer make sure the hole that you put stuff in is

large
> > > enough or you will cutting up everything you juice-that is a

hassle-that
> > is
> > > why I settled on a juiceman-very very easy to clean and a big hole to

> > stick
> > > carrots in..
> > > Michael
> > > "luigisqeegy" > wrote in message
> > > . DE...

juices
> > are

worth
> > it

Michael Balarama

You can shop around in UK-just make sure the hole is big -they probably all
work ok
Michael
"Earl" > wrote in message
> o..thanx for ur detail information..=)
>
> "Michael Balarama" > ¦b¶l¥ó
> ¤¤¼¶¼g...
> > http://www.juiceman-juicer.com/jm_contacts.html
> > check out this site-this is my juice-I paid a bit less at a discount

store
> > in the USA...it has the big hole for sticking veggies/carrots in..and

> cleans
> > very easy...
> > they say on the site-they will ship overseas...
> > I am very satisfied with this juicer..had it for about 9 months and

juice
> > every day--I started for my wife-and still make it for jer-but I am

> addicted
> > and make about 1/2 quart of carrot/celery juice every day.
> > Michael
> >
> > "Earl" > wrote in message
> > > o~do u guys know where i could buy it online by international

shopping?~
> > > i just checked the site out again~
> > > they dun offer international shipping~=I
> > > A thousand thanx.=)
> > >
> > > "Michael Balarama" > ¦b¶l¥ó
> > > ¤¤¼¶¼g...

> > $60.

> large

> hassle-that
> > > is

> > > stick

vegetables?

> juices
> > > are

> worth
> > > it

Michael Balarama

Hello - Im sorry unfortunately we are not able to ship to Great Britain and
Im not aware of a vendor in that area.

The Juiceman Jr. from that site I gave you -said they will not ship to Great
Britain-they must sell a good one in the UK--Maybe Mr. Falafel knows..
Michael

Sincerely,
Customer Service
"Earl" > wrote in message
> o..thanx for ur detail information..=)
>
> "Michael Balarama" > ¦b¶l¥ó
> ¤¤¼¶¼g...
> > http://www.juiceman-juicer.com/jm_contacts.html
> > check out this site-this is my juice-I paid a bit less at a discount

store
> > in the USA...it has the big hole for sticking veggies/carrots in..and

> cleans
> > very easy...
> > they say on the site-they will ship overseas...
> > I am very satisfied with this juicer..had it for about 9 months and

juice
> > every day--I started for my wife-and still make it for jer-but I am

> addicted
> > and make about 1/2 quart of carrot/celery juice every day.
> > Michael
> >
> > "Earl" > wrote in message
> > > o~do u guys know where i could buy it online by international

shopping?~
> > > i just checked the site out again~
> > > they dun offer international shipping~=I
> > > A thousand thanx.=)
> > >
> > > "Michael Balarama" > ¦b¶l¥ó
> > > ¤¤¼¶¼g...

> > $60.

> large

> hassle-that
> > > is

> > > stick

vegetables?

> juices
> > > are

> worth
> > > it

what?

The following (amongst others) sell the more sophisticated type of juicer in
the UK:

1) via the web - www.ukjuicers.com
2) via their retail outlets in London - Planet Organic

HTH

Michael

Michael Balarama

L'Equip 110.5 (grey) - £99
Powerful, new, stylish centrifugal juicer from the US, also available in
white
On that site looks good...and affordable and easy to clean up
Michael
"what?" > wrote in message ...
> The following (amongst others) sell the more sophisticated type of juicer

in
> the UK:
>
> 1) via the web - www.ukjuicers.com
> 2) via their retail outlets in London - Planet Organic
>
> HTH
>
> Michael

Earl

o..thank you for all u guys' information..
=)

"Michael Balarama" > ¦b¶l¥ó
¤¤¼¶¼g...
> L'Equip 110.5 (grey) - ?9
> Powerful, new, stylish centrifugal juicer from the US, also available in
> white
> On that site looks good...and affordable and easy to clean up
> Michael
> "what?" > wrote in message

> > The following (amongst others) sell the more sophisticated type of

juicer
> in
> > the UK:
> >
> > 1) via the web - www.ukjuicers.com
> > 2) via their retail outlets in London - Planet Organic
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Michael

I had an acme, upgraded to a champion, and now use a twin screw Green Star.
It is MUCH
better at leafy greens. Start with carrots, beets, and gradually add things
like kale and collard
greens as you get used to it. Collard Greens are the best source of calcium on
the planet, especially
juiced. Add an apple to sweeten it up.

See

http://www.discountjuicers.com/compare.html

for a great comparison of juicers.

Bob

Earl wrote:

> o..thank you for all u guys' information..
> =)
>
> "Michael Balarama" > ¦b¶l¥ó
> ¤¤¼¶¼g...
> > L'Equip 110.5 (grey) - ?9
> > Powerful, new, stylish centrifugal juicer from the US, also available in
> > white
> > On that site looks good...and affordable and easy to clean up
> > Michael
> > "what?" > wrote in message

> > > The following (amongst others) sell the more sophisticated type of

> juicer
> > in
> > > the UK:
> > >
> > > 1) via the web - www.ukjuicers.com
> > > 2) via their retail outlets in London - Planet Organic
> > >
> > > HTH
> > >
> > > Michael

Best Juicers Out There? lourdesgourmet Cooking Equipment 0 18-07-2011 12:16 AM
Steam juicers George Shirley Preserving 37 26-08-2009 12:48 AM
Juicers metspitzer General Cooking 7 28-06-2008 08:54 PM
30% more than which other juicers? mm General Cooking 5 24-02-2007 05:55 PM
Fruit Juicers thomasuno Winemaking 4 12-08-2005 11:49 PM