thomasuno

Default Fruit Juicers

I have a good crop of cooking apples this year and wonder if it is worth
purchasing a Juicer. How much juice would I get from say a pound of apples?
This would help me guesstimate the quantity of apples per Gallon of juice.
Of course I can use the Juicer generally anyway on a day to day basis.
Thinking it through, I suppose it would make easy to do the occasional
gallon with windfalls or cheap fruit in season.

OK, now that I have more or less talked myself into it, back to my original
question.

How much juice would I get from say a pound of apples?

Thanks, Thomas.

get a 16 oz glass of juice from 3 apples.

thomasuno

> wrote in message
> get a 16 oz glass of juice from 3 apples.

Great thanks.

Thomas

JF

thomasuno wrote:
> I have a good crop of cooking apples this year and wonder if it is worth
> purchasing a Juicer. How much juice would I get from say a pound of apples?
> This would help me guesstimate the quantity of apples per Gallon of juice.
> Of course I can use the Juicer generally anyway on a day to day basis.
> Thinking it through, I suppose it would make easy to do the occasional
> gallon with windfalls or cheap fruit in season.
>
> OK, now that I have more or less talked myself into it, back to my original
> question.
>
> How much juice would I get from say a pound of apples?
>
> Thanks, Thomas.

You usually get 2-3 gallons of juice per bushell of apples.
Ray Calvert

Just a comment - and this may be heresy to some - but I have made wine from
pure juice and wine from whole fruit (where I just cut the fruit up and use
it like I would other fruit, fermenting on the pulp). I like the pulp
method best. I really prefer the wine.

Ray

"thomasuno" > wrote in message
k...
>I have a good crop of cooking apples this year and wonder if it is worth
>purchasing a Juicer. How much juice would I get from say a pound of apples?
>This would help me guesstimate the quantity of apples per Gallon of juice.
>Of course I can use the Juicer generally anyway on a day to day basis.
>Thinking it through, I suppose it would make easy to do the occasional
>gallon with windfalls or cheap fruit in season.
>
> OK, now that I have more or less talked myself into it, back to my
> original question.
>
> How much juice would I get from say a pound of apples?
>
> Thanks, Thomas.

Best Juicers Out There? lourdesgourmet Cooking Equipment 0 18-07-2011 12:16 AM
Carrots and fruit juicers john hamilton General Cooking 20 13-05-2010 05:46 PM
Steam juicers George Shirley Preserving 37 26-08-2009 12:48 AM
Juicers metspitzer General Cooking 7 28-06-2008 08:54 PM
30% more than which other juicers? mm General Cooking 5 24-02-2007 06:55 PM