Old 18-05-2006, 02:38 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Sourdough Bread with LARGE holes - pics

I have been working on a new bread recipe and have come up with a very
Large holey bread. It is at just around 68% hydration and I don't do
the "cheat" (I thinks thats funny whoever came up with that one)
folding. It is just the recipe that comes up with the large holes plus
higher hydration helps.It has become a really popular bread so I
thought you here would like to see it. Here are some pics:

http://www.northwestsourdough.com/holey.jpg

http://www.northwestsourdough.com/holey2.jpg

http://www.northwestsourdough.com/sponge222.jpg

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to use tags in this format , so I hope
the urls are active.
Have a great day!
Teresa

Old 18-05-2006, 06:17 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

"northwestsourdough.com" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been working on a new bread recipe and have come up with a very
Large holey bread. It is at just around 68% hydration and I don't do
the "cheat" (I thinks thats funny whoever came up with that one)
folding. It is just the recipe that comes up with the large holes plus
higher hydration helps.It has become a really popular bread so I
thought you here would like to see it. Here are some pics:

http://www.northwestsourdough.com/holey.jpg

http://www.northwestsourdough.com/holey2.jpg

http://www.northwestsourdough.com/sponge222.jpg

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to use tags in this format , so I hope
the urls are active.
Have a great day!
Teresa

great looking bread teresa, and thx for the pics. how was the taste? i am
not a fan of the big hole for practicle reasons, (everything falls through),
but it does look great.

dan w

Old 18-05-2006, 09:41 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

northwestsourdough.com wrote:
I have been working on a new bread recipe and have come up with a very
Large holey bread.

Nice pictures. What's the recipe?

Old 19-05-2006, 01:59 AM posted to rec.food.sourdough

how was the taste? i am
not a fan of the big hole for practicle reasons, (everything falls through),

It is made with an initial motherdough(fermented), so it is somewhat
sweet, although not too much. It has a wonderful smell , taste, and is
chewy. I just went for the big holes because so many people like this
kind of bread for show. It is terrific for slices to go along with
soup, makes great toast, even though the butter drips everywhere and
has been my family's favorite ever since it has shown up on the table.
Thankyou, Teresa

Old 19-05-2006, 06:17 AM posted to rec.food.sourdough

"northwestsourdough.com" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been working on a new bread recipe and have come up with a very
Large holey bread. It is at just around 68% hydration and I don't do
the "cheat" (I thinks thats funny whoever came up with that one)
folding.

Teresa, I am the only one I can think of who calls them cheater holes, I
might have posted that somewhere. I dont think anyone is really "cheating"
by flolding, but the big holes, if thats what one is after, do seem easier
to come by using the technique. Your bread looks quite good by the way.

hutchndi

Old 19-05-2006, 07:45 AM posted to rec.food.sourdough

"northwestsourdough.com" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been working on a new bread recipe and have come up with a very
Large holey bread. It is at just around 68% hydration and I don't do
the "cheat" (I thinks thats funny whoever came up with that one)
folding. It is just the recipe that comes up with the large holes plus
higher hydration helps.

What's the recipe???

Old 19-05-2006, 08:53 AM posted to rec.food.sourdough

"Homer Simpson" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

"northwestsourdough.com" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been working on a new bread recipe and have come up with a very
Large holey bread. It is at just around 68% hydration and I don't do
the "cheat" (I thinks thats funny whoever came up with that one)
folding. It is just the recipe that comes up with the large holes plus
higher hydration helps.

What's the recipe???

And what culture?-wild local,Carl's, SF, Bahrain, ?

Thanks.

Old 19-05-2006, 05:14 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

And what culture?-wild local,Carl's, SF, Bahrain, ?

Northwest Sourdough Starter
http://www.northwestsourdough.com/starter.html

Have a nice day,
Teresa

Old 19-05-2006, 05:40 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 19-05-2006, 08:42 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well.....He asked!
Have a nice day, if thats possible!
Teresa

Old 20-05-2006, 01:07 AM posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 5/18/06, dan w wrote:

great looking bread teresa, and thx for the pics. how was the taste? i
am
not a fan of the big hole for practicle reasons, (everything falls
through),
but it does look great.

Try a different approach. Instead of cutting slices vertically, cut
horizontally. Now the crust, top or bottom, will keep the goodies in.
Great for trapping sauces, gravies, mayo, mustard, catsup or whatever.

Mike

Old 20-05-2006, 03:04 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

I believe you were asked for the recipe, not
a link to order your starter.

When someone posts pictures and states
that they have a recipe to produce a certain
outcome, one would think that it wouldn't be
such a difficult thing to post your recipe as
others have done. At least your link could
have been directly to the recipe for the bread
for which the picture was posted.

Old 20-05-2006, 05:28 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

Trix wrote:

I believe you were asked for the recipe, not
a link to order your starter.

Did you think it would be otherwise?

B/
Old 20-05-2006, 05:52 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

On 20 May 2006 07:04:23 -0700, Trix wrote:

I believe you were asked for the recipe, not
a link to order your starter.

She was asked for the recipe, which she has not provided, and in the next
message the same poster asked her which starter she had used. If she had
used Carl's 1847 Oregon Trail and had put a link to the friends of Carl
website would you have been so upset?

Mike

Old 20-05-2006, 06:26 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough

"Mike Avery" wrote in message news:mailman.0.1148143928.70749.rec.food.sourdough @mail.otherwhen.com...

She was asked for the recipe, which she has not provided, and in the

There are some sourdough instructions at her web site, and it should
be no surprise by this time that she is pandering a starter culture, which
is the one she is most indubitably using.

If she had used Carl's 1847 Oregon Trail and had put a link to the friends
of Carl website would you have been so upset?

One might be upset because the Post Office makes almost a buck each time
an Oregon Trail start hits the mails. (Isn't there some way to avoid that?)

--
Dicky