Old 02-11-2016, 11:44 PM posted to rec.food.baking

Default How do I get large holes in English Muffins

graphiccomposing wrote:

Your recipe probably has butter and egg in it.
That gives the crumb you describe.
I make the following recipe all the time and
they are perfect. You can use AP flour.
I make the dough in the breadmaker, that is why
I don't include the method, just make it in the same
manner as your normally do.
Eliminate the second rise, you don't need that because
the muffins will rise beautifully in the pan.
Oven baking doesn't work as well.

I am really looking forward to trying this recipe but for some reason the
measurements for water and baking soda come up as a "?"...Can you please
clarify for me how much water and baking soda you use? Thank you