Old 26-09-2004, 04:12 AM
David Goldstein

LOU wrote:

snipped

Soooo, if by odd chance does someone have a simple (meaning not a lot of
ingredients and not expensive to make), I would appreciate it

A quick google search yiedled this result:

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/condiments/cond23.html

THANKS!

David

PS: The Habanero Sauce that I buy comes from the carribean. The brand
is Encona and it is very, very good.

Old 18-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Old Magic1

"LOU" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
I love "Tabasco" pepper sauce on most types of meats, eggs but I refuse to
pay the high price.

Now the haberno pepper (even with seeds) suits my taste but I have

searched
the net for a sauce very similar to the Tabasco sauce (I find lots of
haberno sauces but not even remotely connected to the consistancy of
Tabasco. Some have mayonise, some have other ingredients but nothing

simple
like a pour on sauce (I hope I am clear).

Soooo, if by odd chance does someone have a simple (meaning not a lot of
ingredients and not expensive to make), I would appreciate it

THANKS!

I have tried these and they are great with any type food. The Tabasco Hot
Sauce you speak of is from Louisiana and is aged several years before it is
placed on the market.

Salpicon de Chiles Habaneros (Yucatecan Table Sauce of Chiles Habaneros)

3 chiles habaneros or gueros, roasted
2 medium chiles xcatiks or 4 chiles serranos, roasted
4 green onions, finely chopped
Juice of 2 Seville (bitter) oranges or 1 grapefruit
Juice of 1 orange
Juice of 1 lime
20 sprigs of cilantro (coriander), chopped
Salt to taste
For the garnish
2 small limes, thinly sliced
20 sprigs cilantro, chopped
Slice chiles habaneros and xcatiks in thin strips, and place in a clay,
ceramic, or glass bowl. Add onion. Add Seville orange juice, orange juice,
lime juice, cilantro, and salt. Stir. Macerate for 2 hours.
Garnish with limes and cilantro. Serve with meat, Yucatecan specialties, and
fish.
Makes 1 cup.

From: "The Taste of Mexico", Patricia Quintana,

Habanero Pepper Sauce

12 Habanero chiles, stems removed, seeded and chopped
1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbl. chili oil
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup lime juice

Sauté onion and garlic in oil until soft. Place mixture in blender with
chiles, and puree until smooth. Combine puree with vinegar and lime juice;
simmer 5 minutes to combine flavors. Put mixture into sterilized bottles and
seal.

Yield: 2 cups

Chili Oil

Makes 1 pint
Remove the stems and crush 12 Habanero peppers. Place in a medium bowl with
1 pint of olive oil. Stir, cover and let sit for at least 72 hours. Pour
through a fine-meshed sieve into a glass jar or bottle and cover.

--
Old Magic 1