Dan Abel

In article >, David Wright
> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:06:24 GMT, LOU > wrote:
>
> >I love "Tabasco" pepper sauce on most types of meats, eggs but I refuse to
> >pay the high price.

I think that it is reasonably cheap, given how little it takes most of the
time. Unless you use it by the gallon:

http://countrystore.tabasco.com/inde...6&moreid= C65

it's not that expensive. A 12oz bottle lasts me for a couple of years.

> >Soooo, if by odd chance does someone have a simple (meaning not a lot of
> >ingredients and not expensive to make), I would appreciate it
> >
> >THANKS!

> Well, Lou, your message is very clear, but I think it has nothing to
> do with Mexican cooking. Why do *you* think it does?

Because many Mexican hot sauces are very similar? I like Tapatio, which
isn't made in Mexico. It is very cheap, sometimes on sale for US$.50 for
5 oz, but a little less hot than Tabasco. My daughter likes Valentina,
which is made in Mexico. It is very mild and very cheap. We (or she) pay
about US$2.00 per quart. There are a number of other brands. We buy them
at the local supermarket in the Mexican food section.

--
Dan Abel
Sonoma State University