Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~[_1_] ~patches~[_1_] is offline

Default This Ng and What I don't get! RANT!

<rant>What I don't get is the lack of tolerance of other people's food
choices and/or ingredients. Ok, today the hot topic is raw sugar but
tomorrow it will be something else. I've made absolutely no beefs about
where I stand as to what I will use and won't use. Quite frankly I feel
I am the best judge as to what I want to put into my body and I really
don't give a rat's poutie whether anyone else likes my choice or not. I
feel this is totally my choice and by no stretch of the imagination have
I tried to *ever* tell anyone this is the only or best way to do it,
only that it is my way. It rather ticked me off today when someone
asked a very valid question and got the third degree instead of helpful
answers. It is his choice to use this ingredient whether or not anyone
else agrees. Why can't those who can answer his question just do so and
the ones with all the judgemental comments just go off and amuse
themselves cooking something? Is that polite enough? If not I could
put it into terms these people might just understand. And while I'm at
it, please don't ask me to post pics. Sorry, I simply just do not have
the time or motivation to either post or view pics. I'm on dialup so
I'm sure some of you can appreciate the logistics. The ones that can't
should maybe go cook something And my final pet peeve is those who
for whatever reason seem to think I have nothing better to do than their
research. I will post links if I have them right handy but I just don't
have the time to go searching for every link I have. If you can't
handle that, perhaps you should go cook something </rant>

I do hope this clarifies my position and the way I saw this ng today.

ObFood: besides cooking in the rant, pizza dough is in the breadmaker.
I use a beer with no preservatives and an unbleached flour. The
recipe has been tinkered with to the point we have a very nice reliable
dough. DH is going to test out the new pizza pan when he gets home. He
does that pizza dough tossing thing like a pro which is really neat to
watch! Oh and toppings - homemade pizza sauce, shaved ham, pepparoni,
green olives on half, onions, sauteed mushrooms, motzrella cheese.