Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
maxine in ri

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:30:06 -0400, Margaret Suran
> connected the dots and wrote:

~The air conditioning in our building is out. It is the second
hottest
~day of the year and I do not know what to cook. Most likely, I will
~only heat up the boiled beef with potatoes and vegetables and ice
~coffee and a Baba au Rum for Marcel. I will have a cold sandwich,
~bologna on toasted nine grain bread. It is hot in my apartment. I
am
~ having a nice glass of Scotch, with lots and lots of ice.

We have no AC ever, just fans. Tonight was tuna on salad with
crackers and toast. DH and DD decided it was ok to heat up the
kitchen. I let them clean up.

Oddly, a hot shower will help you cool off. But icy cold Scotch
probably doesn't hurt. Be careful to have it with a side of water if
you drink it neat--the heat will dehydrate you quickly.

Hugs and a speedy repair,
maxine in ri

Difference between Butter and Margarine nfw General Cooking 24 16-06-2010 07:09 PM
So...why use margarine instead of butter? Michel Boucher[_3_] General Cooking 31 13-11-2008 05:05 AM
Tea cookies without butter or margarine ? BobbiJo_AZ Baking 0 29-03-2006 11:02 PM
Butter/Margarine Paul Giverin Baking 3 03-01-2006 09:40 PM
Butter Vs. Margarine Opinicus Historic 18 10-11-2004 09:31 PM