maxine in ri

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:30:06 -0400, Margaret Suran
> connected the dots and wrote:

~The air conditioning in our building is out. It is the second
hottest
~day of the year and I do not know what to cook. Most likely, I will
~only heat up the boiled beef with potatoes and vegetables and ice
~coffee and a Baba au Rum for Marcel. I will have a cold sandwich,
~bologna on toasted nine grain bread. It is hot in my apartment. I
am
~ having a nice glass of Scotch, with lots and lots of ice.

We have no AC ever, just fans. Tonight was tuna on salad with
crackers and toast. DH and DD decided it was ok to heat up the
kitchen. I let them clean up.

Oddly, a hot shower will help you cool off. But icy cold Scotch
probably doesn't hurt. Be careful to have it with a side of water if
you drink it neat--the heat will dehydrate you quickly.

Hugs and a speedy repair,
maxine in ri