Squirrely Shirley

Default evaporated milk ???

rosie

yes, in the old days (before LOW CARB) i made a lot of cornbread, and used evaporated milk..........................makes for a VERY rich product!

btw, you might want to turn off your HTML, so everyone in the group can read your post.

--
rosie

http://airamericaradio.com/www/pub/globalDefault.htm
AIR AMERICA RADIO

"Squirrely Shirley" > wrote in message ...
hello there......i hope you don't mind me popping in here for a
second.....has anyone used evaporated milk in those little cornbread
packages (the ones where you just add the milk and egg ).....if so,did
it taste about the same?.....any feedback is appreciated........thank
you.....shirley

FMathies

>hello there......i hope you don't mind me popping in here for a
>second.....has anyone used evaporated milk in those little cornbread
>packages (the ones where you just add the milk and egg ).....if so,did
>it taste about the same?.....any feedback is appreciated........thank
>you.....shirley

I use evaporated milk ( mixed half and half with water) for any cooked dish
when I don't have fresh milk. I even use it for my pound cakes. There is no
difference in taste. Uncooked dishes are another matter. You would taste the
difference.

Florence

rosie > wrote:
> yes, in the old days (before LOW CARB) i made a lot of cornbread, and
> used evaporated milk..........................makes for a VERY rich
> product!

The only thing I ever used evaporated milk for was squash pie. These days
I use lowfat evaporated milk. The pie doesn't taste as rich, but it's
still pretty good. By the way, my crust uses a reduced amount of olive oil
and I leave out the egg yolks.

Ben