Old 14-08-2004, 09:44 PM
PENMART01

Captain Infinity writes:

I see the cans sitting together on the shelf at the supermarket, but
don't know the purpose of either. Can someone tell me the difference
between evaporated milk and condensed milk?

Evaporated Milk and Condensed Milk are exactly the same. But *Sweetened*
Condensed Milk is a whole nother story.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Old 14-08-2004, 09:44 PM

"Captain Infinity" wrote in message
I see the cans sitting together on the shelf at the supermarket, but
don't know the purpose of either. Can someone tell me the difference
between evaporated milk and condensed milk?

**
Captain Infinity

I think biggest difference is that condensed milk has sugar added

Old 14-08-2004, 10:36 PM
notbob

On 2004-08-14, PENMART01 wrote:

Evaporated Milk and Condensed Milk are exactly the same. But *Sweetened*
Condensed Milk is a whole nother story.

Technically, you are correct. But, the term "evaporated milk" is almost
always associated with non-sweetened condensed milk and the term "condensed
milk" is almost always associated with sweetened milk, there being hardly
anyone labeling un-sweetened condensed milk as such.

A fun little ditty from a website about Carnation evap milk:

"A little lady from North Carolina had worked in and around family dairy
farms since she was old enough to walk, with hours of hard work and little
compensation, and when canned Carnation Milk became available in grocery
stores (1940's or 50's?) she read an advertisement offering $5,000 for the
best slogan/rhyme beginning with "Carnation Milk is best of all . . ." She
said, 'I know all about milk and dairy farms . . . I can do this!'

She sent in her entry and about a week later, a black limo drove up in front
of her house. A man got out and said, "Carnation LOVED your entry so much,
we are here to award you $1000, even though we will not be able to use it."

Here is her entry:

Carnation milk is best of all,
No tits to pull, no shit to haul;
No buckets to wash, no hay to pitch,
Just poke a hole in the son-of-a-bitch!"

nb
Old 14-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Default User

Default Evaporated milk? Condensed milk?

Captain Infinity wrote:

I see the cans sitting together on the shelf at the supermarket, but
don't know the purpose of either. Can someone tell me the difference
between evaporated milk and condensed milk?

Hey Cappy, you fergit where google's at?

What you see as "condensed milk" is sweetened condensed milk, that is
milk with a bunch of sugar added, cooked slowly until it loses about 60%
of its water. It's very thick, about like pudding. Evaporated milk
doesn't have any sugar added, it's just had the water taken out. It's
much thinner than SCM, more like thick milk.

SCM is used for making desserts, evap usually where you'd use regular
milk or cream.

Don't mix them up, that would **** you off.

Brian Rodenborn

Old 14-08-2004, 11:31 PM
PENMART01

notbob writes:

PENMART01wrote:

Evaporated Milk and Condensed Milk are exactly the same. But *Sweetened*
Condensed Milk is a whole nother story.

Technically, you are correct.

Thats all that counts. Btw, your comma is technically and in all other ways
incorrect.

Old 14-08-2004, 11:38 PM
PENMART01

What you see as "condensed milk" is sweetened condensed milk, that is
milk with a bunch of sugar added.

Nope. If it doesn't say "Sweetened" then it is not. Evaporated Milk and
Condensed Milk are EXACTLY the same... in modern times which term is used
depends on where in the world one is.

Old 15-08-2004, 12:11 AM
notbob

On 2004-08-14, PENMART01 wrote:

Btw, your comma is technically and in all other ways
incorrect.

Wrong as usual. An adverbial element that modifies or qualifies the sentence.

nb
Old 15-08-2004, 01:50 AM
PENMART01

PENMART01 wrote:

Btw, your comma is technically and in all other ways incorrect.

Wrong as usual. An adverbial element that modifies or qualifies the
sentence.

nb

Now you're being stupid, and you know you're being stupid, proven by the fact
that you're too embarrassed to include the fercocktah sentence in question.
Btw, neither of your two above phrases are properly constructed sentences, both
are sentence fragments. I take it English is not your primary language. Just
guessing, but if you speak like you write (broken English) I'd say you're a
typical dumb dago, Not Roberto.