Old 25-10-2007, 11:54 PM posted to rec.food.baking

Default Pumpkin pie without evaporated milk?

Any of you baking wizards know what I can substitute if I have everything
else?

Thanks a bunch.

Linda G.

Old 26-10-2007, 02:49 AM posted to rec.food.baking

Oh pshaw, on Thu 25 Oct 2007 03:54:31p, Linda Grail meant to say...

Any of you baking wizards know what I can substitute if I have everything
else?

Thanks a bunch.

Linda G.

Half and half cream.

--
Wayne Boatwright

The meek are getting ready.

Old 26-10-2007, 04:41 AM posted to rec.food.baking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
Oh pshaw, on Thu 25 Oct 2007 03:54:31p, Linda Grail meant to say...

Any of you baking wizards know what I can substitute if I have everything
else?

Thanks a bunch.

Linda G.

Half and half cream.

Or even whole milk (which is what my mother uses in her pumpkin pies).

Jim Lahue
Old 27-10-2007, 11:02 PM posted to rec.food.baking

Regular milk... Whole, 2%, or skim what ever you use daily in your home.

.. .

Old 29-10-2007, 10:36 PM posted to rec.food.baking

Thanks everyone!!!

Can't wait to try with regular whole milk in one pie and 2% in
the other, just for fun. Always wondered why they try to make
you get evaporated milk for a pie...

Linda G.

Now, off to try and learn more about baking apples!

Old 12-11-2007, 01:11 PM posted to rec.food.baking

On Oct 29, 2:36?pm, "Linda Grail" wrote:
Thanks everyone!!!

Can't wait to try with regular whole milk in one pie and 2% in
the other, just for fun. Always wondered why they try to make
you get evaporated milk for a pie...

Linda G.

Now, off to try and learn more about baking apples!

I think it simply makes it more velvety. But I do use regular milk in
a pinch. But no cloves!
My whole family dislikes cloves. Pam