Old 26-03-2004, 07:38 AM
Wayne Boatwright

Default Silly Little Tip

Do you hate the way cupcakes/muffins stick to the paper liners and pieces
of muffin stay on the paper?

This has probably occurred to everyone but me, but I just tried spraying
pan release on the inside of the paper liner before spooning in the batter.
Works a treat! Paper peels off without a loose crumb.

Wayne

Old 26-03-2004, 08:00 AM
Levelwave©

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
Do you hate the way cupcakes/muffins stick to the paper liners and pieces
of muffin stay on the paper?

This has probably occurred to everyone but me, but I just tried spraying
pan release on the inside of the paper liner before spooning in the batter.
Works a treat! Paper peels off without a loose crumb.

If you're going to go to that much trouble why not just toss the paper
cups and spray the muffin pan?

~john

Old 26-03-2004, 01:34 PM
Wayne Boatwright

Levelwave© wrote in
:

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
Do you hate the way cupcakes/muffins stick to the paper liners and
pieces of muffin stay on the paper?

This has probably occurred to everyone but me, but I just tried
spraying pan release on the inside of the paper liner before spooning
in the batter. Works a treat! Paper peels off without a loose
crumb.

If you're going to go to that much trouble why not just toss the paper
cups and spray the muffin pan?

~john

The muffins stay fresher longer and the liner makes them sturdier for
carrying. I don't use them at all if they're going to be consumed
immediately at the table.

Wayne

Old 26-03-2004, 01:38 PM
A mukluk wearing troll

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 03:00:29 -0500, Levelwave©
wrote:

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
Do you hate the way cupcakes/muffins stick to the paper liners and pieces
of muffin stay on the paper?

This has probably occurred to everyone but me, but I just tried spraying
pan release on the inside of the paper liner before spooning in the batter.
Works a treat! Paper peels off without a loose crumb.

If you're going to go to that much trouble why not just toss the paper
cups and spray the muffin pan?

Personally, I don't use papers. I oil and flour the tin itself - once
baked, I quickly run a knife around and pop them out while still warm.
(run the knife witth the blunt edge first if using no-stick tins.

Muffin papers are a waste.

Shirley Hicks
Toronto, Ontario

Old 26-03-2004, 02:04 PM
Bob (this one)

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Do you hate the way cupcakes/muffins stick to the paper liners and pieces
of muffin stay on the paper?

This has probably occurred to everyone but me, but I just tried spraying
pan release on the inside of the paper liner before spooning in the batter.
Works a treat! Paper peels off without a loose crumb.

Lately, I've been using silicone muffin bakers. Looks like a normal
muffin tin but it's flexible. Muffins pop right out. They don't brown
on the sides like metal causes, but they're baked, so I don't really
miss it. Of course, the sides don't brown all that much in paper cups,
either.

Pastorio

Old 26-03-2004, 03:41 PM
Brian Macke

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 03:00:29 -0500, Levelwave© wrote:

If you're going to go to that much trouble why not just toss the paper
cups and spray the muffin pan?

Presentation? Sanitation? A natural hatred for trees?

~john

--
-Brian James Macke
"In order to get that which you wish for, you must first get that which

Old 26-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Cindy Fuller

In article ,
"Bob (this one)" wrote:

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Do you hate the way cupcakes/muffins stick to the paper liners and pieces
of muffin stay on the paper?

This has probably occurred to everyone but me, but I just tried spraying
pan release on the inside of the paper liner before spooning in the batter.

Works a treat! Paper peels off without a loose crumb.

Lately, I've been using silicone muffin bakers. Looks like a normal
muffin tin but it's flexible. Muffins pop right out. They don't brown
on the sides like metal causes, but they're baked, so I don't really
miss it. Of course, the sides don't brown all that much in paper cups,
either.

I've seen those silicone pans at the local restaurant supply store. You
just convinced me not to buy them. Browning is important to the taste
of many baked goods, especially breads.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me

Old 26-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Levelwave©

Brian Macke wrote:

A natural hatred for trees?

Bingo!

~john
Old 26-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Levelwave©

Brian Macke wrote:

A natural hatred for trees?

Bingo!

~john
Old 26-03-2004, 10:48 PM
Nancree

Brian Macke wrote:

A natural hatred for trees?

Bingo!

~john

nobody knows what you're talking about. Please post.

Silly food day Serene Vannoy General Cooking 1 19-05-2010 02:14 PM
silly question Mr Libido Incognito General Cooking 27 17-01-2007 09:36 PM
Silly Question Green Mtn. Griller General Cooking 3 15-10-2006 04:53 AM
A silly question.. Amamba Barbecue 1 12-08-2006 03:37 AM
i think this is silly dug88 Barbecue 80 10-02-2005 04:27 PM