Old 19-05-2010, 03:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Silly food day

So lately, King Arthur's buns are very popular around here*. They're
truly the best buns I've ever made, and everyone around here loves them.
They take well to being whole-wheatified, they're soft and make great
sandwiches, and so on. And lately, I've been stuffing them! That is,
before baking: they end up as really delicious pockets of bread with hot
filling. Mmmm.

The first stuffed-buns experiment was with barbecued beef. I didn't put
quite enough stuffing in them, but fortunately, the bread itself is so
good that no one except the nearly carnivorous teenager even noticed.
Tonight, at James's request, I did cheeseburger buns: the buns filled
with ground beef, ketchup, dill pickle slices, and American cheese.

Don't hate me for loving this fun, silly, trashy food.

Recipes and pictures later. Right now, I'm gonna go eat another
cheeseburger.

Serene

*Don't be a perv. I mean these:
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/...RID=31&radio=2
--
"I tend to come down on the side of autonomy. Once people are grown up,
I believe they have the right to go to hell in the handbasket of their

Old 19-05-2010, 02:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene Vannoy" wrote in message
So lately, King Arthur's buns are very popular around here*. They're truly
the best buns I've ever made, and everyone around here loves them. They
take well to being whole-wheatified, they're soft and make great
sandwiches, and so on. And lately, I've been stuffing them! That is,
before baking: they end up as really delicious pockets of bread with hot
filling. Mmmm.

The first stuffed-buns experiment was with barbecued beef. I didn't put
quite enough stuffing in them, but fortunately, the bread itself is so
good that no one except the nearly carnivorous teenager even noticed.
Tonight, at James's request, I did cheeseburger buns: the buns filled with
ground beef, ketchup, dill pickle slices, and American cheese.

Don't hate me for loving this fun, silly, trashy food.

Nah. We love you for admitting it! Actually, that sounds like a fully
contained Big Mac.

Felice