Goomba38

Default Silly Little Tip

PENMART01 wrote:

> Those pleated paper cups are for baking cupcakes, not muffins... muffins baked
> in those papers are ruined exactly same as would be a loaf of bread baked in a
> paper liner... NO CRUST... anyone who'd enjoy a muffin baked in paper would
> enjoy a boiled porterhouse.

You're correct. I was using the words muffin yet thinking cupcakes interchangeably.

Goomba

Goomba38

PENMART01 wrote:

> Those pleated paper cups are for baking cupcakes, not muffins... muffins baked
> in those papers are ruined exactly same as would be a loaf of bread baked in a
> paper liner... NO CRUST... anyone who'd enjoy a muffin baked in paper would
> enjoy a boiled porterhouse.

You're correct. I was using the words muffin yet thinking cupcakes interchangeably.

Goomba

PENMART01

>Goomba38 wrote:
>
>PENMART01 wrote:
>
>> Those pleated paper cups are for baking cupcakes, not muffins... muffins

>baked
>> in those papers are ruined exactly same as would be a loaf of bread baked

>in a
>> paper liner... NO CRUST... anyone who'd enjoy a muffin baked in paper would
>> enjoy a boiled porterhouse.
>>

>You're correct. I was using the words muffin yet thinking cupcakes
>interchangeably.

I love your muffins.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

PENMART01

>Goomba38 wrote:
>
>PENMART01 wrote:
>
>> Those pleated paper cups are for baking cupcakes, not muffins... muffins

>baked
>> in those papers are ruined exactly same as would be a loaf of bread baked

>in a
>> paper liner... NO CRUST... anyone who'd enjoy a muffin baked in paper would
>> enjoy a boiled porterhouse.
>>

>You're correct. I was using the words muffin yet thinking cupcakes
>interchangeably.

I love your muffins.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Bubbablue

A mukluk wearing troll > wrote:

> Personally, I don't use papers. I oil and flour the tin itself - once
> baked, I quickly run a knife around and pop them out while still warm.
> (run the knife witth the blunt edge first if using no-stick tins.
>
> Muffin papers are a waste.

They are most certainly NOT!!! a waste if you're planning to put them
in school lunches, carry them somewhere, or freeze them.

Additionally, they stop fruit muffins from sticking to the pan. Flour
and oil don't.

wd39

Bubbablue

A mukluk wearing troll > wrote:

> Personally, I don't use papers. I oil and flour the tin itself - once
> baked, I quickly run a knife around and pop them out while still warm.
> (run the knife witth the blunt edge first if using no-stick tins.
>
> Muffin papers are a waste.

They are most certainly NOT!!! a waste if you're planning to put them
in school lunches, carry them somewhere, or freeze them.

Additionally, they stop fruit muffins from sticking to the pan. Flour
and oil don't.

wd39
sf

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:38:58 -0500, A mukluk wearing troll
> wrote:

> Muffin papers are a waste.

I think they're festive.

sf

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:38:58 -0500, A mukluk wearing troll
> wrote:

> Muffin papers are a waste.

I think they're festive.

sf

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:24:59 -0800, JimLane
> wrote:

> Nancree wrote:

> >>Bingo!
> >>
> >>~john

> > -------------------------------
> > nobody knows what you're talking about. Please post.
> >

> Several people do or are you megalomaniac enough so you assume because
> you don't get it, no one else will? "Nobody?" In a pig's eye.

You're completely off base.

IMO: The prior posts in this thread didn't appear when she
downloaded her new headers. She's obviously on a different
and slower news server.

sf

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:24:59 -0800, JimLane
> wrote:

> Nancree wrote:

> >>Bingo!
> >>
> >>~john

> > -------------------------------
> > nobody knows what you're talking about. Please post.
> >

> Several people do or are you megalomaniac enough so you assume because
> you don't get it, no one else will? "Nobody?" In a pig's eye.

You're completely off base.

IMO: The prior posts in this thread didn't appear when she
downloaded her new headers. She's obviously on a different
and slower news server.

sf

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:32:00 -0500, Levelwave©
> wrote:

> Nancree wrote:
>
> > nobody knows what you're talking about. Please post.

> I think it's time you update that decrepit old newsreader
>
> www.mozilla.org - the best reader in the biz...
>
> ~john
>

> ps - download Mozilla 1.6 - newsread is included with the browser

Mozilla is an excellent and small (yahoo!) browser, but it
doesn't have the best newsreader around, which is why I use
Mozilla as a stand alone browser, not as integrated,
software... IMO: Agent is the BEST newsreader.

sf

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:32:00 -0500, Levelwave©
> wrote:

> Nancree wrote:
>
> > nobody knows what you're talking about. Please post.

> I think it's time you update that decrepit old newsreader
>
> www.mozilla.org - the best reader in the biz...
>
> ~john
>

> ps - download Mozilla 1.6 - newsread is included with the browser

Mozilla is an excellent and small (yahoo!) browser, but it
doesn't have the best newsreader around, which is why I use
Mozilla as a stand alone browser, not as integrated,
software... IMO: Agent is the BEST newsreader.

sf

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:04:14 -0500, "Bob (this one)"
> wrote:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
> > Do you hate the way cupcakes/muffins stick to the paper liners and pieces
> > of muffin stay on the paper?
> >
> > This has probably occurred to everyone but me, but I just tried spraying
> > pan release on the inside of the paper liner before spooning in the batter.
> > Works a treat! Paper peels off without a loose crumb.

> Lately, I've been using silicone muffin bakers. Looks like a normal
> muffin tin but it's flexible. Muffins pop right out. They don't brown
> on the sides like metal causes, but they're baked, so I don't really
> miss it. Of course, the sides don't brown all that much in paper cups,
> either.

Is that Llorente bakeware, by any chance?

sf

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:04:14 -0500, "Bob (this one)"
> wrote:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
> > Do you hate the way cupcakes/muffins stick to the paper liners and pieces
> > of muffin stay on the paper?
> >
> > This has probably occurred to everyone but me, but I just tried spraying
> > pan release on the inside of the paper liner before spooning in the batter.
> > Works a treat! Paper peels off without a loose crumb.

> Lately, I've been using silicone muffin bakers. Looks like a normal
> muffin tin but it's flexible. Muffins pop right out. They don't brown
> on the sides like metal causes, but they're baked, so I don't really
> miss it. Of course, the sides don't brown all that much in paper cups,
> either.

Is that Llorente bakeware, by any chance?

sf

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:51:07 -0500, "Dean G."
> wrote:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > Do you hate the way cupcakes/muffins stick to the paper liners and pieces
> > of muffin stay on the paper?
> >
> > This has probably occurred to everyone but me, but I just tried spraying
> > pan release on the inside of the paper liner before spooning in the

> batter.
> > Works a treat! Paper peels off without a loose crumb.
> >
> > Wayne

> Sounds simple enough. I don't make muffins that often, but I have also found
> the foil liners are much better.

I thought foil "liners" (which I am only aware of as foil
lined with paper) were meant to be used when you don't have
a muffin/cupcake pan.

sf

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:51:07 -0500, "Dean G."
> wrote:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > Do you hate the way cupcakes/muffins stick to the paper liners and pieces
> > of muffin stay on the paper?
> >
> > This has probably occurred to everyone but me, but I just tried spraying
> > pan release on the inside of the paper liner before spooning in the

> batter.
> > Works a treat! Paper peels off without a loose crumb.
> >
> > Wayne

> Sounds simple enough. I don't make muffins that often, but I have also found
> the foil liners are much better.

I thought foil "liners" (which I am only aware of as foil
lined with paper) were meant to be used when you don't have
a muffin/cupcake pan.

blake murphy

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:41:33 -0600, "Brian Macke"
> wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 03:00:29 -0500, Levelwave© wrote:
>
>> If you're going to go to that much trouble why not just toss the paper
>> cups and spray the muffin pan?

>Presentation? Sanitation? A natural hatred for trees?
>
>> ~john

what's the last thing a tree has done for you except to attracts urine
from your dog?

your pal,
spot
blake murphy

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:41:33 -0600, "Brian Macke"
> wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 03:00:29 -0500, Levelwave© wrote:
>
>> If you're going to go to that much trouble why not just toss the paper
>> cups and spray the muffin pan?

>Presentation? Sanitation? A natural hatred for trees?
>
>> ~john

what's the last thing a tree has done for you except to attracts urine
from your dog?

your pal,
spot
blake murphy

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 05:39:41 GMT, sf > wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:32:00 -0500, Levelwave©
> wrote:
>
>> Nancree wrote:
>>
>> > nobody knows what you're talking about. Please post.

>> I think it's time you update that decrepit old newsreader
>>
>> www.mozilla.org - the best reader in the biz...
>>
>> ~john
>>

>> ps - download Mozilla 1.6 - newsread is included with the browser
>>

>Mozilla is an excellent and small (yahoo!) browser, but it
>doesn't have the best newsreader around, which is why I use
>Mozilla as a stand alone browser, not as integrated,
>software... IMO: Agent is the BEST newsreader.

i like agent also. but get a real newsreader and stop screwing around
reading mail off the web.

your pal,
blake
blake murphy

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 05:39:41 GMT, sf > wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:32:00 -0500, Levelwave©
> wrote:
>
>> Nancree wrote:
>>
>> > nobody knows what you're talking about. Please post.

>> I think it's time you update that decrepit old newsreader
>>
>> www.mozilla.org - the best reader in the biz...
>>
>> ~john
>>

>> ps - download Mozilla 1.6 - newsread is included with the browser
>>

>Mozilla is an excellent and small (yahoo!) browser, but it
>doesn't have the best newsreader around, which is why I use
>Mozilla as a stand alone browser, not as integrated,
>software... IMO: Agent is the BEST newsreader.

i like agent also. but get a real newsreader and stop screwing around
reading mail off the web.

your pal,
blake
JimLane

blake murphy wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 05:39:41 GMT, sf > wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:32:00 -0500, Levelwave©
> wrote:

>>> I think it's time you update that decrepit old newsreader
>>>
>>> www.mozilla.org - the best reader in the biz...
>>>
>>> ~john
>>>

>>> ps - download Mozilla 1.6 - newsread is included with the browser
>>>

>>Mozilla is an excellent and small (yahoo!) browser, but it
>>doesn't have the best newsreader around, which is why I use
>>Mozilla as a stand alone browser, not as integrated,
>>software... IMO: Agent is the BEST newsreader.
>>

> i like agent also. but get a real newsreader and stop screwing around
> reading mail off the web.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Check Mozilla's stand-alone Thunderbird. Now if all the plug-ins were
available.

jim

JimLane

blake murphy wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 05:39:41 GMT, sf > wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:32:00 -0500, Levelwave©
> wrote:

>>> I think it's time you update that decrepit old newsreader
>>>
>>> www.mozilla.org - the best reader in the biz...
>>>
>>> ~john
>>>

>>> ps - download Mozilla 1.6 - newsread is included with the browser
>>>

>>Mozilla is an excellent and small (yahoo!) browser, but it
>>doesn't have the best newsreader around, which is why I use
>>Mozilla as a stand alone browser, not as integrated,
>>software... IMO: Agent is the BEST newsreader.
>>

> i like agent also. but get a real newsreader and stop screwing around
> reading mail off the web.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Check Mozilla's stand-alone Thunderbird. Now if all the plug-ins were
available.

jim
Levelwave

sf wrote:

> Mozilla is an excellent and small (yahoo!) browser, but it
> doesn't have the best newsreader around,

Never used Agent... but what do you mean by "Yahoo!" browser?

And small? Mozilla is a HUGE resource hog...

~john
Levelwave

sf wrote:

> Mozilla is an excellent and small (yahoo!) browser, but it
> doesn't have the best newsreader around,

Never used Agent... but what do you mean by "Yahoo!" browser?

And small? Mozilla is a HUGE resource hog...

~john
jmcquown

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:38:58 -0500, A mukluk wearing troll
> > wrote:
>

>> Muffin papers are a waste.

> I think they're festive.

The do come in such pretty colours!

jmcquown

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:38:58 -0500, A mukluk wearing troll
> > wrote:
>

>> Muffin papers are a waste.

> I think they're festive.

The do come in such pretty colours!

Goomba38

"StocksRus®" wrote:

> So true. I've been in the paper business for years and paper is made from
> hybrid tree's, typically southern pines which are cultivated after eight
> years. There are more tree's today in the US than 100 years ago. Actually
> 200 years.

While that may be so, I know we've got landfill problems. I try to minimie
when I can.
Goomba

Goomba38

"StocksRus®" wrote:

> So true. I've been in the paper business for years and paper is made from
> hybrid tree's, typically southern pines which are cultivated after eight
> years. There are more tree's today in the US than 100 years ago. Actually
> 200 years.

While that may be so, I know we've got landfill problems. I try to minimie
when I can.
Goomba

PENMART01

> Goomba38 writes:
>
>"StocksRus®" wrote:
>
>> So true. I've been in the paper business for years and paper is made from
>> hybrid tree's, typically southern pines which are cultivated after eight
>> years. There are more tree's today in the US than 100 years ago. Actually
>> 200 years.

>While that may be so, I know we've got landfill problems. I try to minimize
>when I can.

Paper presents no more problem than the trees that fall in the forest, either
compost naturally the same... it's the plastics and toxic wastes that presents
the problem

Even tropical hadwoods are mostly farmed (plantations), very little rain forest
is destroyed for it's lumber these days... most of the rain forest destruction
is due to local population expansion and the need for more acreage for food
crops.

The real problem is too many people... most need to be composted... 'specially
the welfare/entitlement, give nothing back to society, moochin/freeloading
democrats..

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

PENMART01

> Goomba38 writes:
>
>"StocksRus®" wrote:
>
>> So true. I've been in the paper business for years and paper is made from
>> hybrid tree's, typically southern pines which are cultivated after eight
>> years. There are more tree's today in the US than 100 years ago. Actually
>> 200 years.

>While that may be so, I know we've got landfill problems. I try to minimize
>when I can.

Paper presents no more problem than the trees that fall in the forest, either
compost naturally the same... it's the plastics and toxic wastes that presents
the problem

Even tropical hadwoods are mostly farmed (plantations), very little rain forest
is destroyed for it's lumber these days... most of the rain forest destruction
is due to local population expansion and the need for more acreage for food
crops.

The real problem is too many people... most need to be composted... 'specially
the welfare/entitlement, give nothing back to society, moochin/freeloading
democrats..

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Levelwave

PENMART01 wrote:

> moochin/freeloading democrats..

Amen brother...

~john
Levelwave

PENMART01 wrote:

> moochin/freeloading democrats..

Amen brother...

~john

Silly food day Serene Vannoy General Cooking 1 19-05-2010 02:14 PM
silly question Mr Libido Incognito General Cooking 27 17-01-2007 09:36 PM
Silly Question Green Mtn. Griller General Cooking 3 15-10-2006 04:53 AM
A silly question.. Amamba Barbecue 1 12-08-2006 03:37 AM
i think this is silly dug88 Barbecue 80 10-02-2005 04:27 PM