General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
 
Posts: n/a
Default "Soup Bones" vs. "Beef Marrow Bones"


So I always make my beef soup with these generic "soup bones" from
Safeways (the assumption here is that they are beef, they sure look
like it).

They were out, so I went to Albertson's and couldn't find "soup bones"
and picked up these "beef marrow bones" instead.

They *kinda* look alike

am I on the right track here, or am I setting myself up for an unknown
taste sensation that may be nasty?


Thanks,

STRATEGY

  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
pavane
 
Posts: n/a
Default


> wrote in message
ups.com...
>
> So I always make my beef soup with these generic "soup bones" from
> Safeways (the assumption here is that they are beef, they sure look
> like it).
>
> They were out, so I went to Albertson's and couldn't find "soup bones"
> and picked up these "beef marrow bones" instead.
>
> They *kinda* look alike
>
> am I on the right track here, or am I setting myself up for an unknown
> taste sensation that may be nasty?
>


Actually you are setting yourself up for a fabulous flavor, that of
beef marrow, an essential component of Sauce Bordelaise and
a not-to-be-without flavor in beef stews and so forth. The marrow
is the softish beige colored stuff in the middle of the bones, btw,
and is eminently edible spread on bread and lightly salted after
it has been poached a bit. You made a step in the right direction.

pavane


  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
rosie
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Oh Boy !! The marrow is the best part!! When I was a kid, we used to
all fight over the " weasel " I wonder why we called it that ....
Rosie

  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Melba's Jammin'
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In article .com>,
"rosie" > wrote:

> Oh Boy !! The marrow is the best part!! When I was a kid, we used to
> all fight over the " weasel " I wonder why we called it that ....
> Rosie


That's the "schpik" (shpeek). :-) Slovak word.
--
-Barb
<www.jamlady.eboard.com>; Sam pics added 2-7-05
"I got the motive, which is money; and the body, which is dead!" - Rod
Steiger as Sheriff Gillespie, "In the Heat of the Night," 1967.
  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Sheldon
 
Posts: n/a
Default


Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
> I always look for marrow bones with meat surrounding the bone for

soup.
> I like the cooked marrow smeared on a piece of bread. Long ago they
> were cheap, too.


Cheap, nuthin'... that's right, nuthin'... bones were free. In fact
you didn't even need to ask, the butcher would automatically shtup a
couple pounds of bone in the order... 'specially a young pretty woman.

  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks for all the responses.

Well, I used the marrow bones just like I would the soup bones, boiled
them for 4 hours for the stock, did not do anything special to extract
the marrow, but I imagine some or all came out throught the boiling..

Short story...best damn soup I've made in years!

I boiled the bones with a couple of carrots and a couple celery stalks
and an onion, then took out the solids (I like vegetables but not when
they're all soggy) then started my white beans, added a lb of ground
browned beef, cut up 3 small roma tomatoes and put them in for the last
hour, salt, pepper and some celery salt.

I don't know how much of a difference the marrow bones made, but I
could swear there was a new enhanced flavor never before tasted in my
soup



STRATEGY

  #11 (permalink)   Report Post  
 
Posts: n/a
Default


Katra wrote:
> In article . com>,
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for all the responses.
> >
> > Well, I used the marrow bones just like I would the soup bones,

boiled
> > them for 4 hours for the stock, did not do anything special to

extract
> > the marrow, but I imagine some or all came out throught the

boiling..
> >
> > Short story...best damn soup I've made in years!
> >
> > I boiled the bones with a couple of carrots and a couple celery

stalks
> > and an onion, then took out the solids (I like vegetables but not

when
> > they're all soggy) then started my white beans, added a lb of

ground
> > browned beef, cut up 3 small roma tomatoes and put them in for the

last
> > hour, salt, pepper and some celery salt.
> >
> > I don't know how much of a difference the marrow bones made, but I
> > could swear there was a new enhanced flavor never before tasted in

my
> > soup
> >
> >
> >
> > STRATEGY
> >

>
> Sounds yummy! :-)


it sounds pretty simple and plain, but it is soooooooooo good and
flavorful!

I don't cook a lot, but this is one worth bragging about


>
> Did you blanch and peel the tomatoes first?



I did not



> I find tomato peels to be pretty much inedible in soups?



I do recall, somewhere around my 2nd bowl, having to pause to pick
something out of my teeth



STRATEGY




>
> --
> K.
>
> Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...
>
> As we go through life thinking heavy thoughts, thought particles
> tend to get caught between the ears causing truth decay- so be sure
> to use mental floss twice a day. -- Swami Beyondanada
>
> >,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katraatcenturyteldotnet>,,<

>
>

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...user id=katra

  #12 (permalink)   Report Post  
Katra
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In article > ,
Dog3 > wrote:

> "Maverick" > wrote in
> :
>
> > "Dog3" > wrote in message
> > 1...
> >> wrote in
> >> ups.com:
> >>
> >> Strategy,
> >>
> >> The biggest difference between the two (that I have been able to see)
> >> is the soup bone has more meat on it. Both soup bones and beef marrow
> >> bones make excellent additions to stock or broth. OTOH, the marrow
> >> bones are safe
> >> for dogs and a lot of people buy them as treats for their pets.
> >>
> >> Michael

> >
> > Michael, My MIL had me grill some marrow bones the last time we
> > visited. FOR THE DOGS! I love my dogs, got three of them, but I don't
> > grill/cook/marinade/stew anything for them. From my MIL's reaction, I
> > now know what a conniption-fit(sp) looks like. I finally said, "Ok,
> > I'll grill 'em."
> >
> > I buy my dogs treats but I ain't cooking for them. Period.
> >
> > Bret
> > <Hopes his wife doesn't decided to start cooking for them>

>
> Visiting my mother was always a pain, especially when we had 3 dogs. Mother
> made them hamburgers, pancakes etc. The 2 Scotties were diabetic (2 insulin
> shots daily). I kept telling her not to feed them but she did anyway. All
> of my pets are on strict diets and get no table food. Well, the Mutt
> (Missy) discovered how to beg from my mother and brought the bad habit home
> with her. The Scotties died several years ago about 8 months apart. We now
> have the begging Missy and the greedy cat, Hoot.
>
> Michael


I buy pre-cooked/smoked marrow bones (knobby joint ends) for my dogs...
They chew them down until they get all the smoked marrow out. ;-)

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

As we go through life thinking heavy thoughts, thought particles
tend to get caught between the ears causing truth decay- so be sure
to use mental floss twice a day. -- Swami Beyondanada

>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katraatcenturyteldotnet>,,<


http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...user id=katra
  #13 (permalink)   Report Post  
Hahabogus
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Dog3 > wrote in
1:

> Are the marrow bones really okay for dogs? I am sure Missy would
> appreciate a late night snack other than rawhide chews from the
> veterinarian.
>
> Michael
>
>


If you boil them first...That stops splintering getting into their gums
etc.

--
No Bread Crumbs were hurt in the making of this Meal.
Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Continuing to be Manitoban
  #14 (permalink)   Report Post  
Damsel in dis Dress
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hahabogus >, if that's their real name, wrote:

>Dog3 > wrote in
21:
>
>> Are the marrow bones really okay for dogs? I am sure Missy would
>> appreciate a late night snack other than rawhide chews from the
>> veterinarian.

>
>If you boil them first...That stops splintering getting into their gums
>etc.


We give the bones to our dogs straight out of the package. No injuries or
deaths to date.

Carol
--
"Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
'In this world Elwood, you must be oh-so smart or oh-so pleasant.'
Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

*James Stewart* in the 1950 movie, _Harvey_
  #15 (permalink)   Report Post  
Katra
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In article > ,
Dog3 > wrote:

> Katra > wrote in
> :
>
> > In article > ,
> > Dog3 > wrote:
> >
> >> "Maverick" > wrote in
> >> :
> >>
> >> > "Dog3" > wrote in message
> >> > 1...
> >> >> wrote in
> >> >> ups.com:
> >> >>
> >> >> Strategy,
> >> >>
> >> >> The biggest difference between the two (that I have been able to
> >> >> see) is the soup bone has more meat on it. Both soup bones and
> >> >> beef marrow bones make excellent additions to stock or broth.
> >> >> OTOH, the marrow bones are safe
> >> >> for dogs and a lot of people buy them as treats for their pets.
> >> >>
> >> >> Michael
> >> >
> >> > Michael, My MIL had me grill some marrow bones the last time we
> >> > visited. FOR THE DOGS! I love my dogs, got three of them, but I
> >> > don't grill/cook/marinade/stew anything for them. From my MIL's
> >> > reaction, I now know what a conniption-fit(sp) looks like. I
> >> > finally said, "Ok, I'll grill 'em."
> >> >
> >> > I buy my dogs treats but I ain't cooking for them. Period.
> >> >
> >> > Bret
> >> > <Hopes his wife doesn't decided to start cooking for them>
> >>
> >> Visiting my mother was always a pain, especially when we had 3 dogs.
> >> Mother made them hamburgers, pancakes etc. The 2 Scotties were
> >> diabetic (2 insulin shots daily). I kept telling her not to feed them
> >> but she did anyway. All of my pets are on strict diets and get no
> >> table food. Well, the Mutt (Missy) discovered how to beg from my
> >> mother and brought the bad habit home with her. The Scotties died
> >> several years ago about 8 months apart. We now have the begging Missy
> >> and the greedy cat, Hoot.
> >>
> >> Michael

> >
> > I buy pre-cooked/smoked marrow bones (knobby joint ends) for my
> > dogs... They chew them down until they get all the smoked marrow out.
> > ;-)
> >

>
> Are the marrow bones really okay for dogs? I am sure Missy would appreciate
> a late night snack other than rawhide chews from the veterinarian.
>
> Michael


I actually rarely buy rawhide for my dogs.
There can be a choking risk with it. Not common, but it does happen!

The pre-smoked marrow joints I get for my dogs are sold for dogs at pet
stores, feed stores, and even Wal-mart in the pet section!

My border collie also loves squeekie toys, (in fact, I heard her
molesting the new one I bought the other night a little bit ago, right
outside my bedroom window! <lol>) as well as rubber Kong's stuffed with
p-nut butter or cheese.

I've also bought them dried piggy noses and ears, as well as the calf
hooves.

When I adopted Jewely (the border collie) from the shelter, I discovered
the first couple of days that she had an unacceptable chewing habit! She
was about 9 months old. I really prefer adopting older dogs as I really
don't have time for puppies.

I called the shelter (aka dog pound) that I had adopted her from and
asked for advice. They recommended Kong's, and jewels loved both cheese
and p-nut butter, (turns out the shelties did too!) and the kong turned
her on to dog toys so that helped solve the innapropriate chewing
problem. I'm really sold on that toy! They appear to be expensive at
first, but they really are not as they are nearly indestructable so last
forever!

Kat

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

As we go through life thinking heavy thoughts, thought particles
tend to get caught between the ears causing truth decay- so be sure
to use mental floss twice a day. -- Swami Beyondanada

>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katraatcenturyteldotnet>,,<


http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...user id=katra


  #16 (permalink)   Report Post  
Hahabogus
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
:

> Hahabogus >, if that's their real name, wrote:
>
> >Dog3 > wrote in
> 21:
> >
> >> Are the marrow bones really okay for dogs? I am sure Missy would
> >> appreciate a late night snack other than rawhide chews from the
> >> veterinarian.

> >
> >If you boil them first...That stops splintering getting into their
> >gums etc.

>
> We give the bones to our dogs straight out of the package. No
> injuries or deaths to date.
>
> Carol


Not that long ago we (the ex and me) bought a 1/2 a cow. It came
wrapped...fat, bones and meat. I gave the neighbour several knuckle bones
for their dogs. Those german shepherds loved the bones, but the uncooked
bones broke into small splinters getting caught in their teeth and gums.
We didn't know at that time that we shoulda pre-cooked the bones. This
softens the bones thus elliminating such a hazard.

--
No Bread Crumbs were hurt in the making of this Meal.
Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Continuing to be Manitoban
  #17 (permalink)   Report Post  
Damsel in dis Dress
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hahabogus >, if that's their real name, wrote:

>Not that long ago we (the ex and me) bought a 1/2 a cow. It came
>wrapped...fat, bones and meat. I gave the neighbour several knuckle bones
>for their dogs. Those german shepherds loved the bones, but the uncooked
>bones broke into small splinters getting caught in their teeth and gums.
>We didn't know at that time that we shoulda pre-cooked the bones. This
>softens the bones thus elliminating such a hazard.


Ahhhhhhh! Our mutts weigh 13 and 26 pounds, respectively. They don't have
nearly the jaw strength of a shepherd. However, I'll start roasting them
first. They'll probably taste better, too.

I used to eat the marrow out of bones when I was a kid. Now the mere
thought makes me queasy.

Carol, who only got up at this ungodly hour because the 26 pounder sounded
like he was gonna barf, and I wanted him to do it outside. Now that he's
fine, I'm going back to bed.
--
"Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
'In this world Elwood, you must be oh-so smart or oh-so pleasant.'
Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

*James Stewart* in the 1950 movie, _Harvey_
  #18 (permalink)   Report Post  
Rick & Cyndi
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Dog3" > wrote in message
...
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
> :
>
>> Hahabogus >, if that's their real name, wrote:
>>
>>>Not that long ago we (the ex and me) bought a 1/2 a cow. It came
>>>wrapped...fat, bones and meat. I gave the neighbour several knuckle
>>>bones for their dogs. Those german shepherds loved the bones, but the
>>>uncooked bones broke into small splinters getting caught in their
>>>teeth and gums. We didn't know at that time that we shoulda pre-cooked
>>>the bones. This softens the bones thus elliminating such a hazard.

>>
>> Ahhhhhhh! Our mutts weigh 13 and 26 pounds, respectively. They don't
>> have nearly the jaw strength of a shepherd. However, I'll start
>> roasting them first. They'll probably taste better, too.
>>
>> I used to eat the marrow out of bones when I was a kid. Now the mere
>> thought makes me queasy.
>>
>> Carol, who only got up at this ungodly hour because the 26 pounder
>> sounded like he was gonna barf, and I wanted him to do it outside.
>> Now that he's fine, I'm going back to bed.

>
> I'm up because both of them are screaming for food at 6am. I feed them,
> play online and then hit the sack again. Don't take all the blankets Dams.
>
> Michael <- on the way to bed
> =======================


Yep. I'll see ya and raise you a 100.8 temperature... ugghhh. Maxi
wanted to freshen up at 3:45 this morning. No problem. I was awake
anyway... couldn't decide if I was chilled or sweating. Poor baby dog - *I*
was probably why she was awake.. all of my tossing and turning and problems
keeping my head clear enough to breathe. She's a good dog - she seems to be
taking it all in stride.

Thyndi


  #19 (permalink)   Report Post  
Katra
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In article > ,
Dog3 > wrote:

> Katra > wrote in
> :
>
> > In article > ,
> > Dog3 > wrote:
> >
> >> Katra > wrote in
> >> :
> >>
> >> > In article > ,
> >> > Dog3 > wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> "Maverick" > wrote in
> >> >> :
> >> >>
> >> >> > "Dog3" > wrote in message
> >> >> > 1...
> >> >> >> wrote in
> >> >> >> ups.com:
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> Strategy,
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> The biggest difference between the two (that I have been able
> >> >> >> to see) is the soup bone has more meat on it. Both soup bones
> >> >> >> and beef marrow bones make excellent additions to stock or
> >> >> >> broth. OTOH, the marrow bones are safe
> >> >> >> for dogs and a lot of people buy them as treats for their pets.
> >> >> >>
> >> >> >> Michael
> >> >> >
> >> >> > Michael, My MIL had me grill some marrow bones the last time we
> >> >> > visited. FOR THE DOGS! I love my dogs, got three of them, but I
> >> >> > don't grill/cook/marinade/stew anything for them. From my MIL's
> >> >> > reaction, I now know what a conniption-fit(sp) looks like. I
> >> >> > finally said, "Ok, I'll grill 'em."
> >> >> >
> >> >> > I buy my dogs treats but I ain't cooking for them. Period.
> >> >> >
> >> >> > Bret
> >> >> > <Hopes his wife doesn't decided to start cooking for them>
> >> >>
> >> >> Visiting my mother was always a pain, especially when we had 3
> >> >> dogs. Mother made them hamburgers, pancakes etc. The 2 Scotties
> >> >> were diabetic (2 insulin shots daily). I kept telling her not to
> >> >> feed them but she did anyway. All of my pets are on strict diets
> >> >> and get no table food. Well, the Mutt (Missy) discovered how to
> >> >> beg from my mother and brought the bad habit home with her. The
> >> >> Scotties died several years ago about 8 months apart. We now have
> >> >> the begging Missy and the greedy cat, Hoot.
> >> >>
> >> >> Michael
> >> >
> >> > I buy pre-cooked/smoked marrow bones (knobby joint ends) for my
> >> > dogs... They chew them down until they get all the smoked marrow
> >> > out. ;-)
> >> >
> >>
> >> Are the marrow bones really okay for dogs? I am sure Missy would
> >> appreciate a late night snack other than rawhide chews from the
> >> veterinarian.
> >>
> >> Michael

> >
> > I actually rarely buy rawhide for my dogs.
> > There can be a choking risk with it. Not common, but it does happen!
> >
> > The pre-smoked marrow joints I get for my dogs are sold for dogs at
> > pet stores, feed stores, and even Wal-mart in the pet section!
> >
> > My border collie also loves squeekie toys, (in fact, I heard her
> > molesting the new one I bought the other night a little bit ago, right
> > outside my bedroom window! <lol>) as well as rubber Kong's stuffed
> > with p-nut butter or cheese.
> >
> > I've also bought them dried piggy noses and ears, as well as the calf
> > hooves.
> >
> > When I adopted Jewely (the border collie) from the shelter, I
> > discovered the first couple of days that she had an unacceptable
> > chewing habit! She was about 9 months old. I really prefer adopting
> > older dogs as I really don't have time for puppies.
> >
> > I called the shelter (aka dog pound) that I had adopted her from and
> > asked for advice. They recommended Kong's, and jewels loved both
> > cheese and p-nut butter, (turns out the shelties did too!) and the
> > kong turned her on to dog toys so that helped solve the innapropriate
> > chewing problem. I'm really sold on that toy! They appear to be
> > expensive at first, but they really are not as they are nearly
> > indestructable so last forever!
> >
> > Kat
> >

>
> Missy shoplifts at Petsmart. They put the expensive squeak toys in the
> bottom racks. Last time she lifted a squirrel. I almost had a heart attack
> at the check out. It was $19.99. Missy always grabs the expensive toys,
> hangs head down and I seldom see it until we get to the check out. She is a
> total thief. Hoot plays with anything. I've given her expensive toys that
> she looks at with disdain. Her fave toy is a rolled up ball of aluminum
> foil.
>
> Missy is always under supervision when she gets her rawhides. I may try the
> marrow bones. Hoot gets Pounce as a snack. *sigh* they are both treated
> better than humans.
>
> Michael


That is what pets are for!!! <lol>

Missy sounds like a real fun pup......

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

As we go through life thinking heavy thoughts, thought particles
tend to get caught between the ears causing truth decay- so be sure
to use mental floss twice a day. -- Swami Beyondanada

>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katraatcenturyteldotnet>,,<


http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...user id=katra
  #20 (permalink)   Report Post  
Katra
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> Dog3 >, if that's their real name, wrote:
>
> >Hoot plays with anything. I've given her expensive toys that
> >she looks at with disdain. Her fave toy is a rolled up ball of aluminum
> >foil.

>
> Until a couple of years ago, we had a black lab named Panther. Her
> favorite toy was rocks. We'd let her out to do her thing, and she'd come
> back with a rock in her mouth. We had a big pile of them on the deck, and
> they were all over the house, as well. She chewed on them like they were
> bones. Goofy dog!
>
> Carol


Misty, my old Australian Shepard, also chewed on rocks.

It cracked her back teeth and she had to have teeth pulled later on in
life. :-P

She passed on a couple of years ago at age 15.

Kat

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

As we go through life thinking heavy thoughts, thought particles
tend to get caught between the ears causing truth decay- so be sure
to use mental floss twice a day. -- Swami Beyondanada

>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katraatcenturyteldotnet>,,<


http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...user id=katra


  #21 (permalink)   Report Post  
Dave Smith
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> Until a couple of years ago, we had a black lab named Panther. Her
> favorite toy was rocks. We'd let her out to do her thing, and she'd come
> back with a rock in her mouth. We had a big pile of them on the deck, and
> they were all over the house, as well. She chewed on them like they were
> bones. Goofy dog!


I had black Lab that loved the water. While was never known to chew on rocks
he liked to retrieve them. I have had a few Labs over the years. They all
loved the water but Bart was the only one who would swim underwater to
retrieve rocks. It beats me how I could throw a rock in to the water and he
would come back with the same one I threw.

  #22 (permalink)   Report Post  
Katra
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In article >,
Dave Smith > wrote:

> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
> > Until a couple of years ago, we had a black lab named Panther. Her
> > favorite toy was rocks. We'd let her out to do her thing, and she'd come
> > back with a rock in her mouth. We had a big pile of them on the deck, and
> > they were all over the house, as well. She chewed on them like they were
> > bones. Goofy dog!

>
> I had black Lab that loved the water. While was never known to chew on rocks
> he liked to retrieve them. I have had a few Labs over the years. They all
> loved the water but Bart was the only one who would swim underwater to
> retrieve rocks. It beats me how I could throw a rock in to the water and he
> would come back with the same one I threw.
>


I've seen black labs do that. ;-)
It's always amazed me too!!!

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

As we go through life thinking heavy thoughts, thought particles
tend to get caught between the ears causing truth decay- so be sure
to use mental floss twice a day. -- Swami Beyondanada

>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katraatcenturyteldotnet>,,<


http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...user id=katra
  #23 (permalink)   Report Post  
Damsel in dis Dress
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Katra >, if that's their real name, wrote:

>In article >,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> Until a couple of years ago, we had a black lab named Panther. Her
>> favorite toy was rocks. We'd let her out to do her thing, and she'd come
>> back with a rock in her mouth. We had a big pile of them on the deck, and
>> they were all over the house, as well. She chewed on them like they were
>> bones. Goofy dog!
>>
>> Carol

>
>Misty, my old Australian Shepard, also chewed on rocks.


Strange, isn't it? I've even heard of dogs jumping into lakes to retrieve
rocks that have been tossed in there.

>It cracked her back teeth and she had to have teeth pulled later on in
>life. :-P


Oh my! I'm glad that never happened with Panther.

>She passed on a couple of years ago at age 15.


Neither of us can remember why Panther went to a better place at the ripe
old age of 8. Sometimes, you block painful things. Crash *thinks* it was
her kidneys. Gives a whole new meaning to kidney stones. (gallows humor)

<looking upward> Love ya, Panther!

Carol, aka Mommy
--
"Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
'In this world Elwood, you must be oh-so smart or oh-so pleasant.'
Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

*James Stewart* in the 1950 movie, _Harvey_
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roasting Beef Bones? Tiger Lily Diabetic 5 03-02-2012 05:49 AM
Soup Bones Debbie[_1_] General Cooking 43 24-01-2010 08:54 PM
roast bones before making beef broth? Richard McBeef General Cooking 24 19-04-2007 08:18 PM
Marrow Bones! Help Stark General Cooking 4 01-11-2005 12:52 PM
availability of bones for chicken soup Julia Altshuler General Cooking 134 19-11-2003 06:46 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"