Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Roasting Beef Bones?

Susan, I need to get out of that thread that is endless now, ergo the
topic change.

I've always 'browned' the beef bones in a large pot to make the broth in.

The idea of roasting the beef bones intrigues me. Would you kindly
bring me up to speed?

ta!

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily > wrote:
: Susan, I need to get out of that thread that is endless now, ergo the
: topic change.

: I've always 'browned' the beef bones in a large pot to make the broth in.

: The idea of roasting the beef bones intrigues me. Would you kindly
: bring me up to speed?

: ta!

: kate

Not Susan, but I often roast the meat bones before making broth or soup.
I will do the same with chicken bones or wings, which I often use for
soup. I just put them into a large pan ad into a quite hot oven(420-450F
and let them roast until they begin to brown up, then demp them and all
the juice adn fat into the pot , as it is hard to remove the fat at tis
time. that comes later. Then just procede with our usual recipa.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Jan 27, 10:54*pm, Tiger Lily > wrote:
> Susan, I need to get out of that thread that is endless now, ergo the
> topic change.
>
> I've always 'browned' the beef bones in a large pot to make the broth in.
>
> The idea of roasting the beef bones intrigues me. *Would you kindly
> bring me up to speed?
>
> ta!
>
> kate

i've never tried this techique, but a friend of mine swears by
brushing beef bones with honey. this gives a quicker, nicer brown. i
don't know how much it will sweeten up your stock though.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

A Moose in Love > wrote:
: On Jan 27, 10:54?pm, Tiger Lily > wrote:
: > Susan, I need to get out of that thread that is endless now, ergo the
: > topic change.
: >
: > I've always 'browned' the beef bones in a large pot to make the broth in.
: >
: > The idea of roasting the beef bones intrigues me. ?Would you kindly
: > bring me up to speed?
: >
: > ta!
: >
: > kate

: i've never tried this techique, but a friend of mine swears by
: brushing beef bones with honey. this gives a quicker, nicer brown. i
: don't know how much it will sweeten up your stock though.
Why take a essentially non carb flavor and body source and add carbs to
it?

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Jan 29, 11:11*am, "W. Baker" > wrote:
> A Moose in Love > wrote:
> : On Jan 27, 10:54?pm, Tiger Lily > wrote:
> : > Susan, I need to get out of that thread that is endless now, ergo the
> : > topic change.
> : >
> : > I've always 'browned' the beef bones in a large pot to make the broth in.
> : >
> : > The idea of roasting the beef bones intrigues me. ?Would you kindly
> : > bring me up to speed?
> : >
> : > ta!
> : >
> : > kate
>
> : i've never tried this techique, but a friend of mine swears by
> : brushing beef bones with honey. *this gives a quicker, nicer brown. *i
> : don't know how much it will sweeten up your stock though.
> Why take a essentially non carb flavor and body source and add carbs to
> it?
>
> Wendy

Right. I forgot about this being a diabetes group.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

and the browning adds to the colour and flavour?

this is what i'm hoping........

kate