Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Wisdom Teeth Pulled

Good thing most of the posts here are John Kuthe-centric. I was afraid
that you guys would be making me hungry... I just had all 4 wisdom teeth
pulled (ouch), and have eaten noting but jello for over 36 hours. Guess
I'm going to lose a few pounds though, lol. Will be working on some
"soft food recipes" here shortly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 8:57:16 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
> Good thing most of the posts here are John Kuthe-centric. I was afraid
> that you guys would be making me hungry... I just had all 4 wisdom teeth
> pulled (ouch), and have eaten noting but jello for over 36 hours. Guess
> I'm going to lose a few pounds though, lol. Will be working on some
> "soft food recipes" here shortly.

I had mine out piecemeal. Nature gifted me with a couple extra. I had
two out on the right side when I was about your age, and three out on the left
side when I was in my early 60s. My current dentist and I cannot figure out why they
didn't take all three on the right side while they were in there. That last one will
probably still be there when I die.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-29 9:08 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 8:57:16 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
>> Good thing most of the posts here are John Kuthe-centric. I was afraid
>> that you guys would be making me hungry... I just had all 4 wisdom teeth
>> pulled (ouch), and have eaten noting but jello for over 36 hours. Guess
>> I'm going to lose a few pounds though, lol. Will be working on some
>> "soft food recipes" here shortly.

> I had mine out piecemeal. Nature gifted me with a couple extra. I had
> two out on the right side when I was about your age, and three out on the left
> side when I was in my early 60s. My current dentist and I cannot figure out why they
> didn't take all three on the right side while they were in there. That last one will
> probably still be there when I die.

I had one pulled. I had heard so many horror stories about wisdom teeth
that I was really nervous. As it turned out, it was a breeze. It came
out because of a problem and there was on tooth opposite it. Most people
have to have them pulled because they are impacted. That was the case
with my son, who had two pulled on day and two the next. Not at all a
positive experience for him.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-29 8:02 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-04-29 9:08 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 8:57:16 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
>>> Good thing most of the posts here are John Kuthe-centric. I was afraid
>>> that you guys would be making me hungry... I just had all 4 wisdom teeth
>>> pulled (ouch), and have eaten noting but jello for over 36 hours. Guess
>>> I'm going to lose a few pounds though, lol. Will be working on some
>>> "soft food recipes" here shortly.

>> I had mine out piecemeal.Â* Nature gifted me with a couple extra.Â* I had
>> two out on the right side when I was about your age, and three out on
>> the left
>> side when I was in my early 60s.Â* My current dentist and I cannot
>> figure out why they
>> didn't take all three on the right side while they were in there.
>> That last one will
>> probably still be there when I die.
>>

> I had one pulled. I had heard so many horror stories about wisdom teeth
> that I was really nervous. As it turned out, it was a breeze. It came
> out because of a problem and there was on tooth opposite it. Most people
> have to have them pulled because they are impacted. That was the case
> with my son, who had two pulled on day and two the next.Â* Not at all a
> positive experience for him.

I was worried when I had mine removed but, like you, it was a breeze.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 08:57:16 -0400, Michael Trew wrote:

> Good thing most of the posts here are John Kuthe-centric. I was afraid
> that you guys would be making me hungry...

Have some canned spaghetti and meatballs. No teeth required.

https://i.postimg.cc/jjcHg1MR/Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee.jpg

Pizza Pie and Smoked Roast Beef sandwich next week.

https://i.postimg.cc/hjjDFskL/Pizza-...ced-Plated.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/ncqPPGdx/Sandwi...Jewish-Rye.jpg

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-29 11:16 a.m., Graham wrote:
> On 2021-04-29 8:02 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>> I had one pulled. I had heard so many horror stories about wisdom
>> teeth that I was really nervous. As it turned out, it was a breeze. It
>> came out because of a problem and there was on tooth opposite it. Most
>> people have to have them pulled because they are impacted. That was
>> the case with my son, who had two pulled on day and two the next.Â* Not
>> at all a positive experience for him.

> I was worried when I had mine removed but, like you, it was a breeze.

I had a much worse time with one ahead of the molars. We were hoping to
take a trip to Europe but I had a tooth that has loosened, so I went to
my dentist. I got in on a cancellation. He said the tooth was a goner
and had to come out. It was a two rooter and, despite being loose, it
did not want to come out. Most of it finally did. but one root snapped
off. He poked and prodded for close to 45 minutes before he gave up. He
felt so badly that he did not charge me for the work.

I was referred to a dental surgeon and was told not to travel until it
was out. Luckily, I got in to see the surgeon two days later on another
cancellation. After I was thoroughly frozen he got to work and was done
in less than 5 minutes.

Two days later we went out and booked flights from Toronto to Tallinn
Estonia, to Stockholme Sweden, to Copenhagen and back home, departing
about a month after the surgery.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2021 10:02 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-04-29 9:08 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 8:57:16 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
>>> Good thing most of the posts here are John Kuthe-centric. I was afraid
>>> that you guys would be making me hungry... I just had all 4 wisdom teeth
>>> pulled (ouch), and have eaten noting but jello for over 36 hours. Guess
>>> I'm going to lose a few pounds though, lol. Will be working on some
>>> "soft food recipes" here shortly.

>> I had mine out piecemeal. Nature gifted me with a couple extra. I had
>> two out on the right side when I was about your age, and three out on
>> the left
>> side when I was in my early 60s. My current dentist and I cannot
>> figure out why they
>> didn't take all three on the right side while they were in there. That
>> last one will
>> probably still be there when I die.
>>

> I had one pulled. I had heard so many horror stories about wisdom teeth
> that I was really nervous. As it turned out, it was a breeze. It came
> out because of a problem and there was on tooth opposite it. Most people
> have to have them pulled because they are impacted. That was the case
> with my son, who had two pulled on day and two the next. Not at all a
> positive experience for him.

My bottom two were impacted as well. One was almost totally sideways.
I started having minor pains, and they had to go as my insurance is gone
at the end of this month (just turned 26 - still fortunate to be on
mom's health plan until now). I'm lucky they fit me in on such short
notice. The doctor told me that the top two will be a breeze, and lets
get them out now.

I was petrified going into it, but they put me under for the surgery,
and other than some face swelling still and minor bleeding, a bit sore,
no major issues, thank God! I was very pleased with the surgeon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2021 9:08 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 8:57:16 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
>> Good thing most of the posts here are John Kuthe-centric. I was afraid
>> that you guys would be making me hungry... I just had all 4 wisdom teeth
>> pulled (ouch), and have eaten noting but jello for over 36 hours. Guess
>> I'm going to lose a few pounds though, lol. Will be working on some
>> "soft food recipes" here shortly.

> I had mine out piecemeal. Nature gifted me with a couple extra. I had
> two out on the right side when I was about your age, and three out on the left
> side when I was in my early 60s. My current dentist and I cannot figure out why they
> didn't take all three on the right side while they were in there. That last one will
> probably still be there when I die.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

None extra, he did all 4 in one go. That is odd that they'd leave them
in so long for you. The surgeon told me that I probably should have had
this done 10 years ago before the teeth were so mature, but better late
than never. If I weren't so concerned about them bothering me when I
don't have insurance, I would have put it off much longer, but I'm glad
it's done and over with now.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Graham wrote:
> On 2021-04-29 8:02 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> >>
> >> I had mine out piecemeal. Nature gifted me with a couple extra. I had
> >> two out on the right side when I was about your age, and three out on
> >> the left
> >> side when I was in my early 60s. My current dentist and I cannot
> >> figure out why they
> >> didn't take all three on the right side while they were in there.
> >> That last one will
> >> probably still be there when I die.
> >>

> > I had one pulled. I had heard so many horror stories about wisdom teeth
> > that I was really nervous. As it turned out, it was a breeze. It came
> > out because of a problem and there was on tooth opposite it. Most people
> > have to have them pulled because they are impacted. That was the case
> > with my son, who had two pulled on day and two the next. Not at all a
> > positive experience for him.

> I was worried when I had mine removed but, like you, it was a breeze.

Our Lord God was looking out for you, Graham, *despite* the fact that you continually blaspheme his Good & Holy Name...!!!

;-P

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2021 12:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 08:57:16 -0400, Michael Trew wrote:
>
>> Good thing most of the posts here are John Kuthe-centric. I was afraid
>> that you guys would be making me hungry...

> Have some canned spaghetti and meatballs. No teeth required.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/jjcHg1MR/Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee.jpg
>
> Pizza Pie and Smoked Roast Beef sandwich next week.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/hjjDFskL/Pizza-...ced-Plated.jpg
> https://i.postimg.cc/ncqPPGdx/Sandwi...Jewish-Rye.jpg
>
> -sw

An actual pizza pie! That looks good. Might you have a recipe for
that? I mean, I'm sure I could figure it out, but a few pointers would
help.

I think I gave away all of my canned pasta, I always hated it. I could
go for some real food about now. I might heat up some canned beans and
swallow them, or just make some mashed potatoes with no skins.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 7:53:07 AM UTC-10, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 4/29/2021 10:02 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> >>
> >> I had mine out piecemeal. Nature gifted me with a couple extra. I had
> >> two out on the right side when I was about your age, and three out on
> >> the left
> >> side when I was in my early 60s. My current dentist and I cannot
> >> figure out why they
> >> didn't take all three on the right side while they were in there. That
> >> last one will
> >> probably still be there when I die.
> >>

> > I had one pulled. I had heard so many horror stories about wisdom teeth
> > that I was really nervous. As it turned out, it was a breeze. It came
> > out because of a problem and there was on tooth opposite it. Most people
> > have to have them pulled because they are impacted. That was the case
> > with my son, who had two pulled on day and two the next. Not at all a
> > positive experience for him.

> My bottom two were impacted as well. One was almost totally sideways.
> I started having minor pains, and they had to go as my insurance is gone
> at the end of this month (just turned 26 - still fortunate to be on
> mom's health plan until now). I'm lucky they fit me in on such short
> notice. The doctor told me that the top two will be a breeze, and lets
> get them out now.
>
> I was petrified going into it, but they put me under for the surgery,
> and other than some face swelling still and minor bleeding, a bit sore,
> no major issues, thank God! I was very pleased with the surgeon.

Congrats on going through this ordeal. I remember getting my wisdom teeth pulled. It was similar to your case. Perhaps you'll still remember it 50 years from now. In my case, it was the dentist that looked like he went through an ordeal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 13:56:50 -0400, Michael Trew wrote:

> On 4/29/2021 12:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 08:57:16 -0400, Michael Trew wrote:
>>
>>> Good thing most of the posts here are John Kuthe-centric. I was afraid
>>> that you guys would be making me hungry...

>> Have some canned spaghetti and meatballs. No teeth required.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/jjcHg1MR/Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee.jpg
>>
>> Pizza Pie and Smoked Roast Beef sandwich next week.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/hjjDFskL/Pizza-...ced-Plated.jpg
>> https://i.postimg.cc/ncqPPGdx/Sandwi...Jewish-Rye.jpg
>>
>> -sw

> An actual pizza pie! That looks good. Might you have a recipe for
> that? I mean, I'm sure I could figure it out, but a few pointers would
> help.

I don't do recipes. I just wing everything, like john does his STD
meals.

> I think I gave away all of my canned pasta, I always hated it. I could
> go for some real food about now. I might heat up some canned beans and
> swallow them, or just make some mashed potatoes with no skins.

Everybody should have instant potato flakes on hand. I'm a Hungry
Jack man myself. And gravy, should you desire instead of butter and
pepper, is easy to whip up from chicken or beef base.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:04:08 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 13:56:50 -0400, Michael Trew wrote:
>
> > I think I gave away all of my canned pasta, I always hated it. I could
> > go for some real food about now. I might heat up some canned beans and
> > swallow them, or just make some mashed potatoes with no skins.
> >

> Everybody should have instant potato flakes on hand. I'm a Hungry
> Jack man myself. And gravy, should you desire instead of butter and
> pepper, is easy to whip up from chicken or beef base.
>
> -sw

Mashed potatoes are a good choice as soft scrambled eggs would be
good, too. Cream of wheat or oatmeal would be filling and soft as well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Trew wrote:

> Good thing most of the posts here are John Kuthe-centric. I was
> afraid that you guys would be making me hungry... I just had all 4
> wisdom teeth pulled (ouch), and have eaten noting but jello for over
> 36 hours. Guess I'm going to lose a few pounds though, lol. Will be
> working on some "soft food recipes" here shortly.

http://cheepeffects.com
http://cheepeffects.com
http://cheepeffects.com
http://cheepeffects.com
http://cheepeffects.com
http://cheepeffects.com
http://cheepeffects.com

The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:04:08 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

> Everybody should have instant potato flakes on hand. I'm a Hungry
> Jack man myself. And gravy, should you desire instead of butter and
> pepper, is easy to whip up from chicken or beef base.

I do make the faux gravy, but instant potato flakes taste like cardboard.
Mashed potatoes are super easy. I made them tonight with an added
carrot, and the faux chicken gravy had homemade chicken stock instead
of water as the liquid, though the dominant flavor was the Better Than
Bouillon. A little summer savory, and perhaps some thyme, along with
paprika, cayenne and white pepper makes a decent sauce as a substitute
for gravy.

> -sw

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2021 9:08 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 8:57:16 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
>> Good thing most of the posts here are John Kuthe-centric. I was afraid
>> that you guys would be making me hungry... I just had all 4 wisdom teeth
>> pulled (ouch), and have eaten noting but jello for over 36 hours. Guess
>> I'm going to lose a few pounds though, lol. Will be working on some
>> "soft food recipes" here shortly.

> I had mine out piecemeal. Nature gifted me with a couple extra. I had
> two out on the right side when I was about your age, and three out on the left
> side when I was in my early 60s. My current dentist and I cannot figure out why they
> didn't take all three on the right side while they were in there. That last one will
> probably still be there when I die.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I'm one of those odd people who did not have wisdom teeth.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2021 1:53 PM, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 4/29/2021 10:02 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> I had mine out piecemeal. Nature gifted me with a couple extra. I had
>>> two out on the right side when I was about your age, and three out on
>>> the left
>>> side when I was in my early 60s. My current dentist and I cannot
>>> figure out why they
>>> didn't take all three on the right side while they were in there. That
>>> last one will
>>> probably still be there when I die.
>>>

>> I had one pulled. I had heard so many horror stories about wisdom teeth
>> that I was really nervous. As it turned out, it was a breeze. It came
>> out because of a problem and there was on tooth opposite it. Most people
>> have to have them pulled because they are impacted. That was the case
>> with my son, who had two pulled on day and two the next. Not at all a
>> positive experience for him.

> My bottom two were impacted as well.Â* One was almost totally sideways. I
> started having minor pains, and they had to go as my insurance is gone
> at the end of this month (just turned 26 - still fortunate to be on
> mom's health plan until now).Â* I'm lucky they fit me in on such short
> notice.Â* The doctor told me that the top two will be a breeze, and lets
> get them out now.
>
> I was petrified going into it, but they put me under for the surgery,
> and other than some face swelling still and minor bleeding, a bit sore,
> no major issues, thank God!Â* I was very pleased with the surgeon.

You're lucky as heck to have gotten in under the wire still covered as a
dependent on your Mom's insurance. Most policies cut off at age 24 even
if you're a full time student living in their home.

Glad no major issues, though.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2021 7:51 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:04:08 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Everybody should have instant potato flakes on hand. I'm a Hungry
>> Jack man myself. And gravy, should you desire instead of butter and
>> pepper, is easy to whip up from chicken or beef base.
>>

> I do make the faux gravy, but instant potato flakes taste like cardboard.

Instant mashed potatoes is used a thickener. They don't taste like
anything when using a sprinking.

> Mashed potatoes are super easy. I made them tonight with an added
> carrot, and the faux chicken gravy

love that word "faux"

> had homemade chicken stock instead
> of water as the liquid, though the dominant flavor was the Better Than
> Bouillon.

So you added some BTB to faux and homemade chicken soup.

> A little summer savory, and perhaps some thyme, along with
> paprika, cayenne and white pepper makes a decent sauce as a substitute
> for gravy.
> --Bryan

I'm sorry, what? Faux chicken gravy is never a decent sauce substitute.
A small amount of instant potato flakes do make for a fine thickener
of a homemade sauce or soup.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 08:57:16 -0400, Michael Trew wrote:
>
> > Good thing most of the posts here are John Kuthe-centric. I was
> > afraid that you guys would be making me hungry...

> Have some canned spaghetti and meatballs. No teeth required.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/jjcHg1MR/Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee.jpg
>
> Pizza Pie and Smoked Roast Beef sandwich next week.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/hjjDFskL/Pizza-...ced-Plated.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/ncqPPGdx/Sandwi...Jewish-Rye.jpg

> -sw

Smile, not a bad pick just now for something he can eat. I was scratch
making something very like it for Don when he healed as the final teeth
came out before he was ready for full dentures.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I'm one of those odd people who did not have wisdom teeth.
>
> Jill

Ditto here. When I was in my mid '20s I had xrays taken thinking I'd go
ahead and get them pulled. Lo and behold, I didn't have any! The dentist
remarked that some people don't. Lucky me I quess.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I'm one of those odd people who did not have wisdom teeth.
>
> Jill

Ditto here. When I was in my mid 20's I thought about going ahead
and having mine pulled. However X-rays showed that I didn't have
any! The dentist remarked that some people don't have them. Lucky
me!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nemo wrote:

> > I'm one of those odd people who did not have wisdom teeth.
> >
> > Jill

> Ditto here. When I was in my mid 20's I thought about going ahead
> and having mine pulled. However X-rays showed that I didn't have
> any! The dentist remarked that some people don't have them. Lucky
> me!

Does cilantro also taste like soap to you?

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 20:20:14 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

> I'm one of those odd people who did not have wisdom teeth.

I have cousins with no canines.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dr. Bruce wrote:
> Nemo wrote:
>

>>> I'm one of those odd people who did not have wisdom teeth.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Ditto here. When I was in my mid 20's I thought about going ahead
>> and having mine pulled. However X-rays showed that I didn't have
>> any! The dentist remarked that some people don't have them. Lucky
>> me!

> Does cilantro also taste like soap to you?

Couldn't you tell by sniffing, master doctor?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 16:51:50 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:

> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:04:08 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Everybody should have instant potato flakes on hand. I'm a Hungry
>> Jack man myself. And gravy, should you desire instead of butter and
>> pepper, is easy to whip up from chicken or beef base.
>>

> I do make the faux gravy, but instant potato flakes taste like cardboard.

Maybe that's just subliminal on your part since potatoes are grown
in boxes and they come packaged in boxes.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edi...dboard-box.htm

Hungry Jack don't taste like cardboard. But you can get other brands
in Mylar bags, too.

I like the instant better than real mashed potatoes. Then there's
the convenience, storage, and longevity...

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-29 11:03 p.m., Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 20:20:14 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> I'm one of those odd people who did not have wisdom teeth.

> I have cousins with no canines.

Does that mean they are cat people?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 23:24:32 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

> Does that mean they are cat people?

And one of them has blood so rare they call him up when Ontario runs out.
It's like a weird mix of antibodies that's actually used to perform blood
type testing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2021 8:32 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/29/2021 1:53 PM, Michael Trew wrote:

>>> I had one pulled. I had heard so many horror stories about wisdom teeth
>>> that I was really nervous. As it turned out, it was a breeze. It came
>>> out because of a problem and there was on tooth opposite it. Most people
>>> have to have them pulled because they are impacted. That was the case
>>> with my son, who had two pulled on day and two the next. Not at all a
>>> positive experience for him.

>> My bottom two were impacted as well. One was almost totally sideways.
>> I started having minor pains, and they had to go as my insurance is
>> gone at the end of this month (just turned 26 - still fortunate to be
>> on mom's health plan until now). I'm lucky they fit me in on such
>> short notice. The doctor told me that the top two will be a breeze,
>> and lets get them out now.
>>
>> I was petrified going into it, but they put me under for the surgery,
>> and other than some face swelling still and minor bleeding, a bit
>> sore, no major issues, thank God! I was very pleased with the surgeon.

> You're lucky as heck to have gotten in under the wire still covered as a
> dependent on your Mom's insurance. Most policies cut off at age 24 even
> if you're a full time student living in their home.
>
> Glad no major issues, though.
>
> Jill

Thanks! Yes, insurance is gone tomorrow. Perhaps a better job with
health benefits is in order for me in the near future.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2021 8:20 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/29/2021 9:08 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 8:57:16 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
>>> Good thing most of the posts here are John Kuthe-centric. I was afraid
>>> that you guys would be making me hungry... I just had all 4 wisdom teeth
>>> pulled (ouch), and have eaten noting but jello for over 36 hours. Guess
>>> I'm going to lose a few pounds though, lol. Will be working on some
>>> "soft food recipes" here shortly.

>> I had mine out piecemeal. Nature gifted me with a couple extra. I had
>> two out on the right side when I was about your age, and three out on
>> the left
>> side when I was in my early 60s. My current dentist and I cannot
>> figure out why they
>> didn't take all three on the right side while they were in there. That
>> last one will
>> probably still be there when I die.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> I'm one of those odd people who did not have wisdom teeth.
>
> Jill

Fortunate you are! My sister's are all straight and came in well so she
doesn't have to get them pulled. Kind of jealous..

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2021 5:04 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 13:56:50 -0400, Michael Trew wrote:

>>> Have some canned spaghetti and meatballs. No teeth required.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/jjcHg1MR/Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee.jpg
>>>
>>> Pizza Pie and Smoked Roast Beef sandwich next week.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/hjjDFskL/Pizza-...ced-Plated.jpg
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/ncqPPGdx/Sandwi...Jewish-Rye.jpg
>>>
>>> -sw

>> An actual pizza pie! That looks good. Might you have a recipe for
>> that? I mean, I'm sure I could figure it out, but a few pointers would
>> help.

> I don't do recipes. I just wing everything, like john does his STD
> meals.
>
>> I think I gave away all of my canned pasta, I always hated it. I could
>> go for some real food about now. I might heat up some canned beans and
>> swallow them, or just make some mashed potatoes with no skins.

> Everybody should have instant potato flakes on hand. I'm a Hungry
> Jack man myself. And gravy, should you desire instead of butter and
> pepper, is easy to whip up from chicken or beef base.
>
> -sw

To each their own, but I can't do boxed potatoes. I've tried them
before, and was sorely disappointed. I always have plenty of potatoes
on hand; they are dirt cheap.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 22:23:02 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 16:51:50 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:04:08 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>>
>>> Everybody should have instant potato flakes on hand. I'm a Hungry
>>> Jack man myself. And gravy, should you desire instead of butter and
>>> pepper, is easy to whip up from chicken or beef base.
>>>

>> I do make the faux gravy, but instant potato flakes taste like cardboard.

>Maybe that's just subliminal on your part since potatoes are grown
>in boxes and they come packaged in boxes.
>
>https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edi...dboard-box.htm
>
>Hungry Jack don't taste like cardboard. But you can get other brands
>in Mylar bags, too.
>
>I like the instant better than real mashed potatoes. Then there's
>the convenience, storage, and longevity...
>
>-sw

I've begun getting Honest Earth Creamy Mashed Potatoes. I started
using them in 2005 when I was recovering from various surgeries. I
got them at Costco. They are really good. Costco doesn't carry them
anymore. This year I decided that making these potatoes was easier
and quicker. I had to go to the Net to find them and ended up
ordering direct from the company. A lot of people are complaining at
Amazon that the price has increased so much or complaining on the 'Net
that they can't find them anymore.

As Steve said, convenience, storage and shelf stable. We just don't
eat as much anymore and a sack of potatoes sprouts before I can get to
it.

"Honest Earth Creamy Mashed Club Pack - Idahoan Mashed ...
https://idahoan.com/products/honest-...shed-club-pack
Stove Top Boil 2 2/3 cups of water and 4 tablespoons of butter.*
Remove from heat and add 1 cup cold milk. Stir liquid while adding one
pouch of potatoes. Wet all potatoes. Let stand 10 seconds. Stir and
serve."

I often make only half a package at a time.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 30/04/2021 01:20, jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/29/2021 9:08 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 8:57:16 AM UTC-4, Michael Trew wrote:
>>> Good thing most of the posts here are John Kuthe-centric. I was afraid
>>> that you guys would be making me hungry... I just had all 4 wisdom teeth
>>> pulled (ouch), and have eaten noting but jello for over 36 hours. Guess
>>> I'm going to lose a few pounds though, lol. Will be working on some
>>> "soft food recipes" here shortly.

>> I had mine out piecemeal.Â* Nature gifted me with a couple extra.Â* I had
>> two out on the right side when I was about your age, and three out on
>> the left
>> side when I was in my early 60s.Â* My current dentist and I cannot
>> figure out why they
>> didn't take all three on the right side while they were in there.
>> That last one will
>> probably still be there when I die.
>>

> I'm one of those odd people who did not have wisdom teeth.

And I'm half as odd - I only had two of them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mug-O-Spuds (was: Wisdom Teeth Pulled)

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 16:04:03 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> Everybody should have instant potato flakes on hand. I'm a Hungry
> Jack man myself. And gravy, should you desire instead of butter and
> pepper, is easy to whip up from chicken or beef base.

I think I'll have a Mug-O-Spuds for breakfast this morning. Making
gravy is not on the agenda at 6:AM, so I'll just use butter.

https://i.postimg.cc/ZRfB4XQj/Mug-O-Spuds.jpg

Refilling the pepper grinder isn't on the agenda at 6:AM either, so
I'll just use a few shakes of Old Bay instead. It sure beats oatmeal
and dry toast!

That took all of 2 minutes to make. I may go down and make another
mug.... If they weren't Idahoan brand <gasp>. They were out of
Hungry Jack last time I went to buy some, and I so regret it now.
Hungry Jack all the way! Take the taste test yourself.

FWIW, I do repack my flakes in a gallon ziplock once opened, and rip
out the directions from the original box and throw it into the bag
also. The boxes are insecure once opened.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/30/2021 7:32 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I think I'll have a Mug-O-Spuds for breakfast this morning. Making
> gravy is not on the agenda at 6:AM, so I'll just use butter.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/ZRfB4XQj/Mug-O-Spuds.jpg

Looks like a spittoon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 30, 2021 at 7:33:04 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 16:04:03 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
>
> > Everybody should have instant potato flakes on hand. I'm a Hungry
> > Jack man myself. And gravy, should you desire instead of butter and
> > pepper, is easy to whip up from chicken or beef base.

> I think I'll have a Mug-O-Spuds for breakfast this morning. Making
> gravy is not on the agenda at 6:AM, so I'll just use butter.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/ZRfB4XQj/Mug-O-Spuds.jpg
>
> Refilling the pepper grinder isn't on the agenda at 6:AM either, so
> I'll just use a few shakes of Old Bay instead. It sure beats oatmeal
> and dry toast!

It depends what you like. I rarely say, but I couldn't stomach most of
the stuff you eat for breakfast. Some of it might be ok for lunch or
dinner.

I like oatmeal. You like other things. De gustibus.

Oatmeal and dry toast were merely examples of things that a true master
farter can use for feedstock. No greasy, spicy, or exotic ingredients required.
Any lesser farter is at best a journeyman.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2021 11:24 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-04-29 11:03 p.m., Mike Duffy wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 20:20:14 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> I'm one of those odd people who did not have wisdom teeth.

>> I have cousins with no canines.
>>

> Does that mean they are cat people?

LOL! Oddly enough, cats have canine teeth. (Buffy had to have one
pulled a couple of weeks ago.)

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 10:53:40 PM UTC-5, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 4/29/2021 5:04 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> >> An actual pizza pie! That looks good. Might you have a recipe for
> >> that? I mean, I'm sure I could figure it out, but a few pointers would
> >> help.

> > I don't do recipes. I just wing everything, like john does his STD
> > meals.
> >
> >> I think I gave away all of my canned pasta, I always hated it. I could
> >> go for some real food about now. I might heat up some canned beans and
> >> swallow them, or just make some mashed potatoes with no skins.

> > Everybody should have instant potato flakes on hand. I'm a Hungry
> > Jack man myself. And gravy, should you desire instead of butter and
> > pepper, is easy to whip up from chicken or beef base.
> >
> > -sw

> To each their own, but I can't do boxed potatoes. I've tried them
> before, and was sorely disappointed. I always have plenty of potatoes
> on hand; they are dirt cheap.

Back when I smoked, I could eat them happily enough, but not anymore.
There are still a few admittedly crappy things I indulge in. I call it food
slumming. Probably the worst is Vienna sausages.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 30, 2021 at 8:46:14 AM UTC-4, wrote:

> Back when I smoked, I could eat them happily enough, but not anymore.
> There are still a few admittedly crappy things I indulge in. I call it food
> slumming. Probably the worst is Vienna sausages.

I don't do a lot of food slumming, but I have a weakness for some
flavors of Doritos (not Nacho Cheese, though). And Flaming Hot
potato chips.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Trew wrote:
> I think I gave away all of my canned pasta, I always hated it. I could
> go for some real food about now. I might heat up some canned beans and
> swallow them, or just make some mashed potatoes with no skins.

You can make many good whole meals, then just put all into a blender
with a bit of extra water and puree it to a thick mush. Depending on
ingredients used, it can turn out very tasty and satisfying.

I tried that a few times just to see if it would work and it worked very
well.

One thing I tried was turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes and green
beans. Put all into a blender, added just enough hot water to keep the
blender working and pureed it.

Delicious and thick enough to be satisfying.

Certain frozen dinners can be done the same way to save cooking time.

Heck, even nachoes with meat, cheese, tortilla chips. Just add a bit of
water to help them puree.

WISDOM Brooklyn1 General Cooking 27 12-04-2015 02:09 AM
Clean Teeth (spin-off from Wisdom Teeth thread) Tommy Joe General Cooking 16 30-10-2012 12:33 AM
Wisdom Teeth Removed Foods Tara General Cooking 70 29-10-2012 02:16 AM
Australian Wisdom vs. Tibetan Wisdom TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher Vegan 0 18-11-2011 09:35 PM
wisdom, c and r Uncle Al General Cooking 1 10-08-2005 08:12 PM