Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz[_53_] Sqwertz[_53_] is offline

Default Mug-O-Spuds (was: Wisdom Teeth Pulled)

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 16:04:03 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> Everybody should have instant potato flakes on hand. I'm a Hungry
> Jack man myself. And gravy, should you desire instead of butter and
> pepper, is easy to whip up from chicken or beef base.

I think I'll have a Mug-O-Spuds for breakfast this morning. Making
gravy is not on the agenda at 6:AM, so I'll just use butter.

https://i.postimg.cc/ZRfB4XQj/Mug-O-Spuds.jpg

Refilling the pepper grinder isn't on the agenda at 6:AM either, so
I'll just use a few shakes of Old Bay instead. It sure beats oatmeal
and dry toast!

That took all of 2 minutes to make. I may go down and make another
mug.... If they weren't Idahoan brand <gasp>. They were out of
Hungry Jack last time I went to buy some, and I so regret it now.
Hungry Jack all the way! Take the taste test yourself.

FWIW, I do repack my flakes in a gallon ziplock once opened, and rip
out the directions from the original box and throw it into the bag
also. The boxes are insecure once opened.

-sw