Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bryan Simmons Bryan Simmons is offline

Default Wisdom Teeth Pulled

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:04:08 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

> Everybody should have instant potato flakes on hand. I'm a Hungry
> Jack man myself. And gravy, should you desire instead of butter and
> pepper, is easy to whip up from chicken or beef base.

I do make the faux gravy, but instant potato flakes taste like cardboard.
Mashed potatoes are super easy. I made them tonight with an added
carrot, and the faux chicken gravy had homemade chicken stock instead
of water as the liquid, though the dominant flavor was the Better Than
Bouillon. A little summer savory, and perhaps some thyme, along with
paprika, cayenne and white pepper makes a decent sauce as a substitute
for gravy.

> -sw

--Bryan