Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Wisdom Teeth Pulled

On 2021-04-29 11:16 a.m., Graham wrote:
> On 2021-04-29 8:02 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>> I had one pulled. I had heard so many horror stories about wisdom
>> teeth that I was really nervous. As it turned out, it was a breeze. It
>> came out because of a problem and there was on tooth opposite it. Most
>> people have to have them pulled because they are impacted. That was
>> the case with my son, who had two pulled on day and two the next.Â* Not
>> at all a positive experience for him.

> I was worried when I had mine removed but, like you, it was a breeze.

I had a much worse time with one ahead of the molars. We were hoping to
take a trip to Europe but I had a tooth that has loosened, so I went to
my dentist. I got in on a cancellation. He said the tooth was a goner
and had to come out. It was a two rooter and, despite being loose, it
did not want to come out. Most of it finally did. but one root snapped
off. He poked and prodded for close to 45 minutes before he gave up. He
felt so badly that he did not charge me for the work.

I was referred to a dental surgeon and was told not to travel until it
was out. Luckily, I got in to see the surgeon two days later on another
cancellation. After I was thoroughly frozen he got to work and was done
in less than 5 minutes.

Two days later we went out and booked flights from Toronto to Tallinn
Estonia, to Stockholme Sweden, to Copenhagen and back home, departing
about a month after the surgery.