Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Taking a break from ham

I´ve posted similar pictures before. Only the potatoes are different.

<https://postimg.cc/hf47X32z>

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 1:59:02 PM UTC-4, Leo wrote:
> I´ve posted similar pictures before. Only the potatoes are different..
>
> <https://postimg.cc/hf47X32z>
>
> leo

That looks good. We didn't have ham on Easter; ISTR we had steak and
salad.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-07 2:11 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 1:59:02 PM UTC-4, Leo wrote:
>> I´ve posted similar pictures before. Only the potatoes are different.
>>
>> <https://postimg.cc/hf47X32z>
>>
>> leo

> That looks good. We didn't have ham on Easter; ISTR we had steak and
> salad.

That does looks good. Yours sounds good too. We had supper at my
brother's and SiL baked chicken breasts stuffed with goat cheese and
kale. Very tasty.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/7/2021 1:58 PM, Leo wrote:
> I´ve posted similar pictures before. Only the potatoes are different.
>
> <https://postimg.cc/hf47X32z>
>
> leo

Nice change from ham.

Went to my daughter's neighbor's for Easter. Five of us and I just
finished the ham I brought home today too. We all had a nice share of
leftovers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/04/2021 18:58, Leo wrote:
> I´ve posted similar pictures before. Only the potatoes are different.
>
> <https://postimg.cc/hf47X32z>
>
> leo

==

Apologies if you received a response as well as to the group

My daughter loved your pic and decided to respond.

She is not used to this computer(

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021 Apr 7, , Ophelia wrote
(in article >):

> Apologies if you received a response as well as to the group
>
> My daughter loved your pic and decided to respond.
>
> She is not used to this computer(

Don´t worry about it. My email has been valid for 25 years, but if I
don´t recognize the poster, I delete without reading. That may already have
been done.
Maybe one or two are valid.
I´ve probably received less than twenty emails from Usenet posters over the
years, but now, I´m on the lookout.
If I identify her post, I´ll send a winkey. That´s providing that her
email address is valid. And here´s a winkey for you ;-) and a smile
:-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 12:59:02 PM UTC-5, Leo wrote:

> I´ve posted similar pictures before. Only the potatoes are different..
>
> <https://postimg.cc/hf47X32z>
>
> leo

Looking good!! The potatoes almost look like some sort of bread at
first glance; nice asparagus, too.

Tonight it's going to be Ninja Foodi "pulled pork barbecue." I'm waiting
for the meat to cool a bit before tackling the shredding. I don't know
how much it will taste of actual barbecue but I've pulled off two or three
very crispy bits and they are heavenly. What's not to like about crispy
pork even if it's not smoked piggy?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 5:53:22 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:

> wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 12:59:02 PM UTC-5, Leo wrote:
> > >
> > > I´ve posted similar pictures before. Only the potatoes are
> > > different.
> > >
> > > <https://postimg.cc/hf47X32z>
> > >
> > > leo
> > >

> > Looking good!! The potatoes almost look like some sort of bread at
> > first glance; nice asparagus, too.
> >
> > Tonight it's going to be Ninja Foodi "pulled pork barbecue." I'm
> > waiting for the meat to cool a bit before tackling the shredding. I
> > don't know how much it will taste of actual barbecue but I've pulled
> > off two or three very crispy bits and they are heavenly. What's not
> > to like about crispy pork even if it's not smoked piggy?
> >

> Hi 'ItsJoanNotJoAnn', you are chatting right now with a frogger. I can
> tell as I don't have the messages you reply to.

Leo is not a frogger.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 10:58:22 -0700, Leo wrote:

> I´ve posted similar pictures before. Only the potatoes are different.
>
> <https://postimg.cc/hf47X32z>

My eyes fixated on what I thought were sweatbreads. Now that I look
closer I see that it's a potato stabbed with a spoon many many
times. What's up with that? ;-)

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 15:15:49 -0700, Leo wrote:

> On 2021 Apr 7, , Ophelia wrote
> (in article >):
>
>> Apologies if you received a response as well as to the group
>>
>> My daughter loved your pic and decided to respond.
>>
>> She is not used to this computer(

> Don´t worry about it. My email has been valid for 25 years, but if I
> don´t recognize the poster, I delete without reading. That may already have
> been done.

OTOH, My newsreader crashes every time I try and send email. And
you're the only person here who uses the Email-replies-To: (except
for me when I'm being devious). So every time I respond to one your
posts, my newsreader crashes. Then I have to come back in , edit
my outbox message, and remove your email address and send it again.

It would have been easier just to have had you whacked years ago :-)
But then you stalled me by saying you were switching to 40tude
Dialog and I figured maybe you wouldn't use that header and it
bought you a little more time. But NoooOoooOooo.

So ... you live at 3068 Bellerive, right? Vinny and Bruno are on
their way over. It'll just be a broken leg or three.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 10:58:22 -0700, Leo wrote:
>
> > I´ve posted similar pictures before. Only the potatoes are
> > different.
> >
> > <https://postimg.cc/hf47X32z>

> My eyes fixated on what I thought were sweatbreads. Now that I look
> closer I see that it's a potato stabbed with a spoon many many
> times. What's up with that? ;-)
>
> -sw

I thought they were hunched over frogs.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/7/2021 1:11 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 1:59:02 PM UTC-4, Leo wrote:
>> I´ve posted similar pictures before. Only the potatoes are different.
>>
>> <https://postimg.cc/hf47X32z>
>>
>> leo

> That looks good. We didn't have ham on Easter; ISTR we had steak and
> salad.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

We had ham at our son's place down in Memphis . Our daughter in law
****ed it up as usual . I swear that woman can't think more than 4
inches in front of her nose . "Oh , the ham is done , I guess I better
get the potatoes peeled for the potato salad." And so it goes , but we
did get to eat before we drove home .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021 Apr 7, , Sqwertz wrote
(in article >):

> My eyes fixated on what I thought were sweatbreads. Now that I look
> closer I see that it's a potato stabbed with a spoon many many
> times. What's up with that? ;-)

Wasn´t there a thread about boiling, smashing and frying small Yukon spuds?
I had fifteen and a eight inch skillet, so I tossed them into a 400F oven on
a cookie sheet to save time. They were OK. Should´a fried, um sautéed,
them. I´ll do better next time. Perhaps with some rosemary and garlic.
Hmmm. Maybe, I should just halve them with a bit of oil, rosemary, salt and
crushed garlic and toss them in the oven without boiling them. Tiny spuds are
baffling.
Cooking is so complicated!

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021 Apr 7, , Dr. Bruce wrote
(in article >):

> I thought they were hunched over frogs.

No, my boy. The dish you´re thinking of is an Aussie specialty, best done
with cane toads.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leo wrote:

> On 2021 Apr 7, , Dr. Bruce wrote
> (in article >):
>
> > I thought they were hunched over frogs.

> No, my boy. The dish you´re thinking of is an Aussie specialty, best
> done with cane toads.

Apparently, you can eat their legs, but stay well away from the
shoulders.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/7/2021 9:25 PM, Snag wrote:

> Â*We had ham at our son's place down in Memphis . Our daughter in law
> ****ed it up as usual . I swear that woman can't think more than 4
> inches in front of her nose . "Oh , the ham is done , I guess I better
> get the potatoes peeled for the potato salad." And so it goes , but we
> did get to eat before we drove home .

OMG, that's funny. Sad, but still funny. We always made potato salad
the day before, unless it was going to be a hot one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021 Apr 7, , Dr. Bruce wrote
(in article >):

> Apparently, you can eat their legs, but stay well away from the
> shoulders.

You first.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leo wrote:

> On 2021 Apr 7, , Dr. Bruce wrote
> (in article >):
>
> > Apparently, you can eat their legs, but stay well away from the
> > shoulders.

> You first.

But I'm a pescavegelactovotarian!

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 7:14:47 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 10:58:22 -0700, Leo wrote:
>
> > I´ve posted similar pictures before. Only the potatoes are different.
> >
> > <https://postimg.cc/hf47X32z>

> My eyes fixated on what I thought were sweatbreads. Now that I look
> closer I see that it's a potato stabbed with a spoon many many
> times. What's up with that? ;-)
>
> -sw

Those potatoes look like they were baked and then flattened with a spoon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 8:25:44 PM UTC-5, Snag wrote:

> We had ham at our son's place down in Memphis . Our daughter in law
> ****ed it up as usual . I swear that woman can't think more than 4
> inches in front of her nose . "Oh , the ham is done , I guess I better
> get the potatoes peeled for the potato salad." And so it goes , but we
> did get to eat before we drove home .
>
> Snag

Goodness, can't your son lend some help in planning and moving her along
with the cooking?? (Honey, let's work on the potato salad while the ham is
in the oven, etc.)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 10:51:41 PM UTC-5, Leo wrote:

> On 2021 Apr 7, , wrote
> (in >):
> >
> > Those potatoes look like they were baked and then flattened with a spoon.
> >

> Worse. Boiled, palm flattened and roasted for a while. I should have turned
> on the broiler. It was right there! I will be better at this if I do it
> again. No cutlery was involved.
> Nevertheless, they tasted like plain old, small Yukon potatoes that looked a
> bit different.

As long as you liked them and you could season/dress them up however y'all
like. I don't think you have to be concerned with the potato police showing
up at your door.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 19:05:09 -0700, Leo wrote:

> On 2021 Apr 7, , Sqwertz wrote
> (in article >):
>
>> My eyes fixated on what I thought were sweatbreads. Now that I look
>> closer I see that it's a potato stabbed with a spoon many many
>> times. What's up with that? ;-)

> Wasn´t there a thread about boiling, smashing and frying small Yukon spuds?
> I had fifteen and a eight inch skillet, so I tossed them into a 400F oven on
> a cookie sheet to save time. They were OK. Should´a fried, um sautéed,
> them. I´ll do better next time. Perhaps with some rosemary and garlic.
> Hmmm. Maybe, I should just halve them with a bit of oil, rosemary, salt and
> crushed garlic and toss them in the oven without boiling them. Tiny spuds are
> baffling.
> Cooking is so

OK, they do look smashed now. I do them this way - boiled, halved,
forked for crispy texture, seasoned, and then broiled.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...2840/lightbox/

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07/04/2021 23:15, Leo wrote:
> On 2021 Apr 7, , Ophelia wrote
> (in article >):
>
>> Apologies if you received a response as well as to the group
>>
>> My daughter loved your pic and decided to respond.
>>
>> She is not used to this computer(

> Don´t worry about it. My email has been valid for 25 years, but if I
> don´t recognize the poster, I delete without reading. That may already have
> been done.
> Maybe one or two are valid.
> I´ve probably received less than twenty emails from Usenet posters over the
> years, but now, I´m on the lookout.
> If I identify her post, I´ll send a winkey. That´s providing that her
> email address is valid. And here´s a winkey for you ;-) and a smile
> :-)

===

LOL thank you, but it was this computer she was using)) Can you
remember the outcry when I first got this computer?? It took me a wee
while to figure it out. Jill helped me a lot, especially with my KF for
which I was very gratefulf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/7/2021 5:13 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> On 07/04/2021 18:58, Leo wrote:
>> I´ve posted similar pictures before. Only the potatoes are different.
>>
>> <https://postimg.cc/hf47X32z>
>>
>> leo
>>

> ==
>
> Apologies if you received a response as well as to the group

Stop doing that already! Are you really that dense?
--
The real Bruce posts with Impunity, all others are fake.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 4:45:14 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> On 07/04/2021 23:15, Leo wrote:
> > On 2021 Apr 7, , Ophelia wrote
> > (in article >):
> >
> >> Apologies if you received a response as well as to the group
> >>
> >> My daughter loved your pic and decided to respond.
> >>
> >> She is not used to this computer(

> > Don´t worry about it. My email has been valid for 25 years, but if I
> > don´t recognize the poster, I delete without reading. That may already have
> > been done.
> > Maybe one or two are valid.
> > I´ve probably received less than twenty emails from Usenet posters over the
> > years, but now, I´m on the lookout.
> > If I identify her post, I´ll send a winkey. That´s providing that her
> > email address is valid. And here´s a winkey for you ;-) and a smile
> > :-)
> >

> ===
>
> LOL thank you, but it was this computer she was using)) Can you
> remember the outcry when I first got this computer?? It took me a wee

A week, you mean.

> while to figure it out. Jill helped me a lot, especially with my KF for
> which I was very gratefulf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/8/2021 4:45 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> Â*LOL thank you, but it was this computer she was using))Â* Can you
> remember the outcry when I first got this computer?? It took me a wee
> while to figure it out.Â* Jill helped me a lot, especially with my KF for
> which I was very gratefulf

Why do you ignore Thunderbird's spell checker?!
--
The real Bruce posts with Impunity, all others are fake.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 02:24:23 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 4:45:14 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
>> On 07/04/2021 23:15, Leo wrote:
>> > On 2021 Apr 7, , Ophelia wrote
>> > (in article >):

>> > Don´t worry about it. My email has been valid for 25 years, but if I
>> > don´t recognize the poster, I delete without reading. That may already have
>> > been done.
>> > Maybe one or two are valid.
>> > I´ve probably received less than twenty emails from Usenet posters over the
>> > years, but now, I´m on the lookout.
>> > If I identify her post, I´ll send a winkey. That´s providing that her
>> > email address is valid. And here´s a winkey for you ;-) and a smile
>> > :-)
>> >

>> ===
>>
>> LOL thank you, but it was this computer she was using)) Can you
>> remember the outcry when I first got this computer?? It took me a wee

>A week, you mean.

Are you sure? I'm not.
--
The real Dr. Bruce sniffs with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 08/04/2021 10:24, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 4:45:14 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
>> On 07/04/2021 23:15, Leo wrote:
>>> On 2021 Apr 7, , Ophelia wrote
>>> (in article >):

>>> Don´t worry about it. My email has been valid for 25 years, but if I
>>> don´t recognize the poster, I delete without reading. That may already have
>>> been done.
>>> Maybe one or two are valid.
>>> I´ve probably received less than twenty emails from Usenet posters over the
>>> years, but now, I´m on the lookout.
>>> If I identify her post, I´ll send a winkey. That´s providing that her
>>> email address is valid. And here´s a winkey for you ;-) and a smile
>>> :-)
>>>

>> ===
>>
>> LOL thank you, but it was this computer she was using)) Can you
>> remember the outcry when I first got this computer?? It took me a wee

> A week, you mean.
>
>> while to figure it out. Jill helped me a lot, especially with my KF for
>> which I was very gratefulf

===

Read it again ... A wee week!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/7/2021 2:11 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 1:59:02 PM UTC-4, Leo wrote:
>> I´ve posted similar pictures before. Only the potatoes are different.
>>
>> <https://postimg.cc/hf47X32z>
>>
>> leo

> That looks good. We didn't have ham on Easter; ISTR we had steak and
> salad.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Out of the blue, I woke up craving some reddish-orange sauce that I
haven't had in almost 40 years. I could visualize it and can remember
the taste too. After a few minutes, I realized it was "French" salad
dressing. It's on my grocery list now.

It's been a long time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 08 Apr 2021 07:14:50 -0400, Gary wrote:

> Out of the blue, I woke up craving

Funny how that works. A year or so ago I bought a box of Captain Crunch
for no apparent reason. (No, I don't have a whistle). It's the only
cereal I liked because it stayed crunchy in the milk. After 50 years, it
still doesn't taste very good. Maybe one of the helpful elves in this
group could look it up and see what ingredient causes that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 9:53:15 AM UTC-4, Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Apr 2021 07:14:50 -0400, Gary wrote:
>
> > Out of the blue, I woke up craving

> Funny how that works. A year or so ago I bought a box of Captain Crunch
> for no apparent reason. (No, I don't have a whistle). It's the only
> cereal I liked because it stayed crunchy in the milk. After 50 years, it
> still doesn't taste very good. Maybe one of the helpful elves in this
> group could look it up and see what ingredient causes that.

There's really not much to Cap'n Crunch:

Corn Flour, Sugar, Oat Flour, Brown Sugar, Palm and/or Coconut Oil, Salt, Reduced Iron, Yellow 5, Niacinamide*, Yellow 6, BHT (to preserve freshness), Thiamin Mononitrate*, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride*, Riboflavin*, Folic Acid*.

I doubt you can taste the vitamins, artificial color, or preservatives. I'd guess it's
one (or a combination) of the first five ingredients.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 08 Apr 2021 08:37:35 -0500, Snag wrote:

> After 20 years of marriage I don't see any chance of changing the way
> they do things . Neither of them looks ahead , so everything is an
> emergency .

Do they have kids?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-08 10:29 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 9:53:15 AM UTC-4, Mike Duffy wrote:
> ingredient causes that.
>
> There's really not much to Cap'n Crunch:
>
> Corn Flour, Sugar, Oat Flour, Brown Sugar, Palm and/or Coconut Oil,
> Salt, Reduced Iron, Yellow 5, Niacinamide*, Yellow 6, BHT (to
> preserve freshness), Thiamin Mononitrate*, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride*,
> Riboflavin*, Folic Acid*.
>
> I doubt you can taste the vitamins, artificial color, or
> preservatives. I'd guess it's one (or a combination) of the first
> five ingredients.

I had a strange friend in high school. He was a neighbour who was
badly hurt in the motor cycle accident in which my best friend was
killed. We were sort of pushed together. He was an odd bird, a rebel who
bucked all the rules and who made some bad choices in life, got into
drugs. That was when we parted ways, and I was not surprised years later
that he eventually died from a drug overdose. His while family was kind
of strange.

At any rate, they had a little Pomeranian whose main diet was Cap'n
Crunch cereal. Sometimes they put milk on it, but mostly it was just
plain old Cap'n Crunch. Surprisingly, the dog had teeth even when he
was older.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 1:15:01 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> On 4/7/2021 2:11 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 1:59:02 PM UTC-4, Leo wrote:
> >> I´ve posted similar pictures before. Only the potatoes are different.
> >>
> >> <https://postimg.cc/hf47X32z>
> >>
> >> leo

> > That looks good. We didn't have ham on Easter; ISTR we had steak and
> > salad.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Out of the blue, I woke up craving some reddish-orange sauce that I
> haven't had in almost 40 years. I could visualize it and can remember
> the taste too. After a few minutes, I realized it was "French" salad
> dressing. It's on my grocery list now.
>
> It's been a long time.

I love French dressing. It's probably pretty easy to make up a batch. I think it's mostly ketchup, sugar, oil, and vinegar. The other night I had a craving for salt so I cooked up a package of cheap ramen. Boy, that hit the spot. It seems that salty food makes me feel normal again.

OT/ Taking a Break Alan S Diabetic 28 28-11-2005 05:05 AM
Taking a Break Damsel in dis Dress General Cooking 68 02-05-2005 05:44 AM
Taking a break Marc Wolfe General Cooking 1 24-03-2005 01:14 PM