Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Taking a break from ham

On Thu, 08 Apr 2021 11:30:23 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2021-04-08 10:29 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> Corn Flour, Sugar, Oat Flour, Brown Sugar, Palm and/or Coconut Oil,
>> Salt, Reduced Iron, Yellow 5, Niacinamide*, Yellow 6, BHT (to preserve
>> freshness), Thiamin Mononitrate*, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride*,
>> Riboflavin*, Folic Acid*.

> At any rate, they had a little Pomeranian whose main diet was Cap'n
> Crunch cereal. Sometimes they put milk on it, but mostly it was just
> plain old Cap'n Crunch. Surprisingly, the dog had teeth even when he
> was older.

The bad taste was not what I was questioning. I was wondering how they
stayed crisp when ALL the other cereals turn to mush by the time you get
to the bottom of the bowl.

Maybe they cook it longer until actually starts to burn, and then add a
bunch of yellow dye to make it look like they just added even more sugar.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 5:55:50 AM UTC-10, Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Apr 2021 11:30:23 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:
>
> > On 2021-04-08 10:29 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> Corn Flour, Sugar, Oat Flour, Brown Sugar, Palm and/or Coconut Oil,
> >> Salt, Reduced Iron, Yellow 5, Niacinamide*, Yellow 6, BHT (to preserve
> >> freshness), Thiamin Mononitrate*, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride*,
> >> Riboflavin*, Folic Acid*.

> > At any rate, they had a little Pomeranian whose main diet was Cap'n
> > Crunch cereal. Sometimes they put milk on it, but mostly it was just
> > plain old Cap'n Crunch. Surprisingly, the dog had teeth even when he
> > was older.

> The bad taste was not what I was questioning. I was wondering how they
> stayed crisp when ALL the other cereals turn to mush by the time you get
> to the bottom of the bowl.
>
> Maybe they cook it longer until actually starts to burn, and then add a
> bunch of yellow dye to make it look like they just added even more sugar.

My guess is that it was a good amount of oil. I loved Cap'n Crunch. That stuff used to be sweeter because they would spray with a clear coat of sugar 'n oil. That made it glisten like a bowl full of jewels. Don't even get me started on Peanut Butter Crunch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 08 Apr 2021 09:19:57 -0700, dsi1 wrote:

> My guess is that it was a good amount of oil.

Ahh. Probably an edible varnish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-08 11:55 a.m., Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Apr 2021 11:30:23 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

Riboflavin*, Folic Acid*.

>> At any rate, they had a little Pomeranian whose main diet was Cap'n
>> Crunch cereal. Sometimes they put milk on it, but mostly it was just
>> plain old Cap'n Crunch. Surprisingly, the dog had teeth even when he
>> was older.

> The bad taste was not what I was questioning. I was wondering how they
> stayed crisp when ALL the other cereals turn to mush by the time you get
> to the bottom of the bowl.
>
> Maybe they cook it longer until actually starts to burn, and then add a
> bunch of yellow dye to make it look like they just added even more sugar.

If you had a problem with the Cap'n you don't like Vector cereal. I
think it is make of flakes of plastic. The texture was a little too
hard for me to enjoy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/8/2021 5:06 AM, Dr Bruce wrote:
> On 4/7/2021 5:13 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>> On 07/04/2021 18:58, Leo wrote:
>>> I´ve posted similar pictures before. Only the potatoes are different.
>>>
>>> <https://postimg.cc/hf47X32z>
>>>
>>> leo
>>>

>> ==
>>
>> Apologies if you received a response as well as to the group
>>

> Stop doing that already! Are you really that dense?

Ophelia appears to be a really dim-witted, could it
be an act?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/8/2021 5:30 AM, Dr Bruce wrote:
> On 4/8/2021 4:45 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> Â*Â*LOL thank you, but it was this computer she was using))Â* Can you
>> remember the outcry when I first got this computer?? It took me a wee
>> while to figure it out.Â* Jill helped me a lot, especially with my KF
>> for which I was very gratefulf
>>

> Why do you ignore Thunderbird's spell checker?!

She's obviously simpleminded.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 10:49:17 +0100, Ophelia >
wrote:

>On 08/04/2021 10:24, bruce bowser wrote:

>>> ===
>>>
>>> LOL thank you, but it was this computer she was using)) Can you
>>> remember the outcry when I first got this computer?? It took me a wee

>> A week, you mean.
>>
>>> while to figure it out. Jill helped me a lot, especially with my KF for
>>> which I was very gratefulf

>===
>
>Read it again ... A wee week!

A week long wee? You must drink like a fish.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 12:59:34 -0400, me > wrote:

>On 4/8/2021 5:06 AM, Dr Bruce wrote:

>>> ==
>>>
>>> Apologies if you received a response as well as to the group
>>>

>> Stop doing that already! Are you really that dense?
> >

>Ophelia appears to be a really dim-witted, could it
>be an act?

At first I too wondered about the same thing. But after years of
familiarity, it's clear Ophelia is just dim-witted.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mike Duffy wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Apr 2021 08:37:35 -0500, Snag wrote:
>
> > After 20 years of marriage I don't see any chance of changing the
> > way they do things . Neither of them looks ahead , so everything is
> > an emergency .

> Do they have kids?

Yes, they were not planned.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 8:37:40 AM UTC-5, Snag wrote:

> On 4/7/2021 10:19 PM, wrote:
> >
> > On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 8:25:44 PM UTC-5, Snag wrote:
> >
> > Goodness, can't your son lend some help in planning and moving her along
> > with the cooking?? (Honey, let's work on the potato salad while the ham is
> > in the oven, etc.)
> >

> After 20 years of marriage I don't see any chance of changing the way
> they do things . Neither of them looks ahead , so everything is an
> emergency .
>
> Snag

Hahahahaaa, ok! Well, at least they've found the perfect partner in each other
as neither of them looks ahead and plans menus.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 11:59:39 AM UTC-5, me wrote:

> Ophelia appears to be a really dim-witted, could it
> be an act?

No.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021 Apr 7, , Sqwertz wrote
(in article >):

> OK, they do look smashed now. I do them this way - boiled, halved,
> forked for crispy texture, seasoned, and then broiled.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...2840/lightbox/

Yeah, that. I´ll do better next time.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/10/2021 2:13 PM, Leo wrote:
> On 2021 Apr 7, , Sqwertz wrote
> (in article >):
>
>> OK, they do look smashed now. I do them this way - boiled, halved,
>> forked for crispy texture, seasoned, and then broiled.
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...2840/lightbox/

> Yeah, that. I´ll do better next time.
>
> leo

Wonderful looking lamb, too!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-10 5:12 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/10/2021 2:13 PM, Leo wrote:
>> On 2021 Apr 7, , Sqwertz wrote
>> (in article >):
>>
>>> OK, they do look smashed now. I do them this way - boiled, halved,
>>> forked for crispy texture, seasoned, and then broiled.
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...2840/lightbox/

>> Yeah, that. I´ll do better next time.
>>
>> leo
>>

> Wonderful looking lamb, too!

It does look great. I would have aimed for a little rarer, but that is
ce3rtainly within range.

We have a boneless leg of lamb for tomorrow. I don't know whether to
cook it whole or to cube it and make kebabs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 5:12:18 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On 4/10/2021 2:13 PM, Leo wrote:
> > On 2021 Apr 7, , Sqwertz wrote
> > (in article >):
> >
> >> OK, they do look smashed now. I do them this way - boiled, halved,
> >> forked for crispy texture, seasoned, and then broiled.
> >>
> >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...2840/lightbox/

> > Yeah, that. I´ll do better next time.
> >
> > leo

> Wonderful looking lamb, too!

Lamb souvlaki would sound OK. Is it good out for grilling?

OT/ Taking a Break Alan S Diabetic 28 28-11-2005 04:05 AM
Taking a Break Damsel in dis Dress General Cooking 68 02-05-2005 05:44 AM
Taking a break Marc Wolfe General Cooking 1 24-03-2005 12:14 PM