Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Taking a break from ham

On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 9:53:15 AM UTC-4, Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Apr 2021 07:14:50 -0400, Gary wrote:
>
> > Out of the blue, I woke up craving

> Funny how that works. A year or so ago I bought a box of Captain Crunch
> for no apparent reason. (No, I don't have a whistle). It's the only
> cereal I liked because it stayed crunchy in the milk. After 50 years, it
> still doesn't taste very good. Maybe one of the helpful elves in this
> group could look it up and see what ingredient causes that.

There's really not much to Cap'n Crunch:

Corn Flour, Sugar, Oat Flour, Brown Sugar, Palm and/or Coconut Oil, Salt, Reduced Iron, Yellow 5, Niacinamide*, Yellow 6, BHT (to preserve freshness), Thiamin Mononitrate*, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride*, Riboflavin*, Folic Acid*.

I doubt you can taste the vitamins, artificial color, or preservatives. I'd guess it's
one (or a combination) of the first five ingredients.

Cindy Hamilton