Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tomatoes - faulty measurements?

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 11:38:37 -0600, Snag > wrote:

>> Who is Obiden, you dumb****?
>>

> Look guys , boron elgar is so ****ed he's incoherent !

So tell me, who is Obiden?

Try again on the gender, honey pie.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/27/2021 10:15 AM, Graham wrote:
> On 2021-02-27 6:24 a.m., Gary wrote:
>> On 2/26/2021 9:20 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> So.... you are willing to fight to protect your rights but the only
>>> right you really care about it the right to bear arms.Â*Â* That is a lot
>>> like the argument about how the civil war was not about keeping slavery,
>>> it was about protecting rights, but the only state rights they cared
>>> about was their right to have slavery.

>> Not true. Go take a history class.
>> Slavery was not the issue that started the Civil War.
>> It was unfair economic policies between the Northern states and the
>> Southern states.
>>

> And the economy in the South was based on what?

The south was an agrarian economy that wanted to industrialize to
process their own cotton and other crops . The northern industrialists
were not going to let that happen .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-02-27 11:14 a.m., Taxed and Spent wrote:
> On 2/27/2021 8:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>> There is a popular mythology that the US was founded by people looking
>> for religious freedom. The poor old Puritans just wanted to live their
>> religion. That is a bit of a crock. The Puritans were rather radical
>> Protestants who were extremely anti Catholic, and they wanted to set up
>> a religious colony where everyone was expected to live and worship by
>> their rules.
>>
>> Contemporary Christians whine about not having their religion pushed in
>> schools, not having the Lord's Prayer in the morning,Â* not having
>> prayers at the beginning of meetings, games etc.Â* That is not practicing
>> their religion. It is an attempt to indoctrinate people with their
>> religious mumbo jumbo
>>

> There are some that do that, but that is hardly the majority.Â* Most want
> to live their lives according to their beliefs, helping others as they
> do so, and be allowed to do so as they have in the past.

Oh yeah. We see that all the time. We see "christians" rallying against
abortion because they believe that all life is sacred. The same people
generally support capital punishment, eye for and eye, tooth for a tooth
and all that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/27/2021 11:47 AM, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 11:38:37 -0600, Snag > wrote:
>

>>> Who is Obiden, you dumb****?
>>>

>> Look guys , boron elgar is so ****ed he's incoherent !

> So tell me, who is Obiden?
>
> Try again on the gender, honey pie.

You may be female , but you sure ain't a lady . Bye !
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
We shot them
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 08:22:05 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>On 2/26/2021 7:02 PM, Bruce wrote:

>> Back to the original point before we disappear into the sunset: do you
>> think the police would have opened fire if the crowd had been black?

>Probably not. Police didn't open fire in all the "black lives matter"
>protests that turned into riots.

You have a point there.

>Saw a statistic on the news the other day. Highest rate of gun deaths is
>among young blacks under age 30. DUH! It's been that way for years.
>
>The few 'death by police' incidents were mostly all criminals that
>didn't yield to the cops. Very stupid of the suspects and very unfair
>to the police for defending themselves.

Over the past few years, I've seen a few videos of totally unnecessary
killings of black men.

>Police lives matter too.

Yes, and if it's between a police officer and an aggressive criminal,
I'm on the side of the officer. But murder is another matter.

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 07:52:58 -0800 (PST), GM
> wrote:

>Gary wrote:
>> On 2/26/2021 7:02 PM, Bruce wrote:

>> > Back to the original point before we disappear into the sunset: do you
>> > think the police would have opened fire if the crowd had been black?

>> Probably not. Police didn't open fire in all the "black lives matter"
>> protests that turned into riots.
>>
>> Saw a statistic on the news the other day. Highest rate of gun deaths is
>> among young blacks under age 30. DUH! It's been that way for years.
>>
>> The few 'death by police' incidents were mostly all criminals that
>> didn't yield to the cops. Very stupid of the suspects and very unfair
>> to the police for defending themselves.
>>
>> Police lives matter too.

>"As of the June 22 update, the Washington Posts database of fatal police shootings showed 14 unarmed Black victims and 25 unarmed white victims in 2019..."

GM's another one who doesn't understand the concept of 'per capita'.
Blacks are 13% of the population. If there were 25 unarmed white
victims, there should be 13% of that in black victims to be even. That
would be 3.25, not 14.

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-02-27 11:15 a.m., Graham wrote:
> On 2021-02-27 6:24 a.m., Gary wrote:
>> On 2/26/2021 9:20 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> So.... you are willing to fight to protect your rights but the only
>>> right you really care about it the right to bear arms.Â*Â* That is a lot
>>> like the argument about how the civil war was not about keeping slavery,
>>> it was about protecting rights, but the only state rights they cared
>>> about was their right to have slavery.

>> Not true. Go take a history class.
>> Slavery was not the issue that started the Civil War.
>> It was unfair economic policies between the Northern states and the
>> Southern states.
>>

> And the economy in the South was based on what?

There were upset about industry. They objected to the north
industrializing while they wanted to raise cotton and other crops that
were more labour intensive.... and relied on slave labour.

Things started heating up as the country expanded and there was a
problem with the new states being slave states or free states.

As time goes by the apologists and revisionists want to downplay the
role that the slavery debate played in the conflict. They keep coming up
with all these other reasons, but it generally bounces back to them
northerners not wanting them to be able to keep slaves.

It is interesting to see how some countries can go to war or wage a
civil war and how their excuses change with time. Look back 20 years
to the time GWB invaded Iraq to disarm him of his vast arsenal of WMDs
and eventually got rid of Saddam and his regime. Later on, after facing
the embarassment of going to war to get rid of WMDs that never existed,
the aim was said to have been regime change.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-02-27 11:16 a.m., Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 09:18:00 -0600, Snag > wrote:
>

>> Or , to paraphrase something your hero Obiden said , "Only a dictator
>> rules by Executive Orders" . So far he has issued more than any
>> president in history , averaging about 2 per day so far . Sounds a lot
>> like a dictator to me .

> Who is Obiden, you dumb****?

I didn't know he was Irish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-02-27 11:31 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 10:49:11 AM UTC-5, Taxed and Spent wrote:

>> It is not the praying so much, as being able to live their entire lives
>> religiously. This is why Hillary and others have tried to change
>> "Freedom of Religion" to "Freedom to Worship". It is not about going
>> into your church and praying, and then having the government dictate how
>> you will live your life.

> The Amish manage to cope with that. Perhaps the Christians of whom
> you speak are too worldly.
>
> In any event the government doesn't dictate how they are to live their
> lives. I hope you're not talking about *** wedding cakes.

When you really believe there is a point at which you really have to
take a stand. I am sure that they would prefer than guys remain in the
closet, or in the celibate clergy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-02-27 11:49 a.m., Taxed and Spent wrote:
> On 2/27/2021 8:39 AM, Boron Elgar wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 09:13:11 -0700, Graham > wrote:

>> I do not see why idiots in this country scream about trying to contain
>> the spread of illness.
>>

> It doesn't help when so many of our politicians and health care gurus
> violate their own rules.

That has happened way too often here. They tell people to stay home and
not travel and then the spend their time flying around. Several CEOs of
Ontario health units were forced out of their jobs when they got caught
flying around for vacations. Our federal minister of health was flying
back and forth between Ottawa and her home riding ... in a government
jet. My niece in Ottawa was not supposed to go across the river to visit
her boyfriend in Gatineau, but the prime minister went to spend Easter
at the official PM's cottage in Quebec.

Do as we say not as we do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 11:39:49 -0500, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 09:13:11 -0700, Graham > wrote:
>
>>On 2021-02-27 6:51 a.m., Boron Elgar wrote:

>>It doesn't help that that the quality of science journalism is appalling
>>at best and non-existent in the tabloids. It seems that even educated
>>people lack critical thinking abilities. It's not quite so bad on this
>>side of the border but it's still there.
>>I suppose Canadians are seen as "sheeple" by Snag et al. We listen to
>>our public health experts and there is no way that our Supreme Court
>>wouldn't take heed of scientific evidence when 2-bit pastors take the
>>government to court to open their churches. We have a couple of those in
>>Alberta. One pastor is being held in clink for refusing to limit the
>>size of his Sunday morning services. The majority want those churches
>>closed and the pastors locked up.

>Quarantining for illness and restricting people who can spread
>infection is certainly not new to the US. Measles cases used to get
>slapped with quarantine and Typhoid Mary each come to mind.
>
>I do not see why idiots in this country scream about trying to contain
>the spread of illness.

Because their ignorant and their ignorance fuels their paranoia.

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 11:57:45 -0600, Snag > wrote:

>>> Look guys , boron elgar is so ****ed he's incoherent !

>> So tell me, who is Obiden?
>>
>> Try again on the gender, honey pie.
>>

> You may be female , but you sure ain't a lady . Bye !

Yeah...you keep that up, hon...after all, this place is filled with
the kind of "gentlemen," you are comfy with, eh? You know, ass
sniffing, sexist, racist, MAGA guys. Maybe one of them thar
"gentlemen" can sniff your ass or your wife's or maybe talk about
fondling her boobs. I know you enjoy that talk with them just fine.

I am your biggest feminist nightmare, you dingleberry.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-02-27 10:56 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-02-27 11:14 a.m., Taxed and Spent wrote:
>> On 2/27/2021 8:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> There is a popular mythology that the US was founded by people looking
>>> for religious freedom. The poor old Puritans just wanted to live their
>>> religion. That is a bit of a crock. The Puritans were rather radical
>>> Protestants who were extremely anti Catholic, and they wanted to set up
>>> a religious colony where everyone was expected to live and worship by
>>> their rules.
>>>
>>> Contemporary Christians whine about not having their religion pushed in
>>> schools, not having the Lord's Prayer in the morning,Â* not having
>>> prayers at the beginning of meetings, games etc.Â* That is not practicing
>>> their religion. It is an attempt to indoctrinate people with their
>>> religious mumbo jumbo
>>>

>> There are some that do that, but that is hardly the majority.Â* Most
>> want to live their lives according to their beliefs, helping others as
>> they do so, and be allowed to do so as they have in the past.

> Oh yeah. We see that all the time. We see "christians"Â* rallying against
> abortion because they believe that all life is sacred. The same people
> generally support capital punishment, eye for and eye, tooth for a tooth
> and all that.

Of course their favourite hobby is to cherry-pick biblical texts.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/27/2021 10:27 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 11:39:49 -0500, Boron Elgar
> > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 09:13:11 -0700, Graham > wrote:
>>
>>> On 2021-02-27 6:51 a.m., Boron Elgar wrote:

>>> It doesn't help that that the quality of science journalism is appalling
>>> at best and non-existent in the tabloids. It seems that even educated
>>> people lack critical thinking abilities. It's not quite so bad on this
>>> side of the border but it's still there.
>>> I suppose Canadians are seen as "sheeple" by Snag et al. We listen to
>>> our public health experts and there is no way that our Supreme Court
>>> wouldn't take heed of scientific evidence when 2-bit pastors take the
>>> government to court to open their churches. We have a couple of those in
>>> Alberta. One pastor is being held in clink for refusing to limit the
>>> size of his Sunday morning services. The majority want those churches
>>> closed and the pastors locked up.

>> Quarantining for illness and restricting people who can spread
>> infection is certainly not new to the US. Measles cases used to get
>> slapped with quarantine and Typhoid Mary each come to mind.

Of course things were different when HIV appeared on the scene.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Graham wrote:

> Of course their favourite hobby is to cherry-pick biblical texts.

For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed€”a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: €śThe righteous will live by faith.€ť

Romans 1:17

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 3:08:51 AM UTC-10, Snag wrote:
> On 2/27/2021 12:01 AM, dsi1 wrote:

> >> So "it's for my own good" makes it OK . I wouldn't find it so
> >> annoying if this were truly the killer pandemic they claimed . Yes ,
> >> those with compromised health were hardest hit . But the fact remains
> >> that this thing has a fatality rate of .03-.05% , down in the weeds with
> >> the common cold and seasonal flu . Another factor that screams fraud and
> >> conspiracy is that hydroxychloroquine all at once is a viable treatment
> >> - after hundreds of thousands that could have been treated died while
> >> "they" were screaming no no no it'll kill you .
> >> --
> >> Snag
> >> In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
> >> We shot them

> > You might want to revise your figures on the fatality rate. It is currently about 1.8%. The numbers I'm using is 28,411,273 cases, 508,127 deaths.
> >

> I believe if you investigate that , you'll find those numbers were
> produced before they changed the way they counted fatalities - those who
> died "with" vs those that died "from" .
> --
> Snag
> In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
> We shot them

The number of people that died with Covid-19 = 508,127
The number of people that died from Covid-19 = 11,400
That leaves about half a million people with unexplained deaths? That's awfully weird.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 12:57:49 PM UTC-5, Snag wrote:

> >> Look guys , boron elgar is so ****ed he's incoherent !

> > So tell me, who is Obiden?
> >
> > Try again on the gender, honey pie.
> >

> You may be female , but you sure ain't a lady . Bye !

I fail to see the utility in being a lady.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 1:24:20 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-02-27 11:49 a.m., Taxed and Spent wrote:
> > On 2/27/2021 8:39 AM, Boron Elgar wrote:
> >> On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 09:13:11 -0700, Graham > wrote:

> >> I do not see why idiots in this country scream about trying to contain
> >> the spread of illness.
> >>

> > It doesn't help when so many of our politicians and health care gurus
> > violate their own rules.

> That has happened way too often here. They tell people to stay home and
> not travel and then the spend their time flying around.

As my mother would say, "If they were jumping off a bridge, would you
do it to?"

Risky and hypocritical behavior on the part of politicians and health-care
gurus doesn't bother me in the least. Look at Herman Cain.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 11:27:56 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 1:24:20 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > It doesn't help when so many of our politicians and health care gurus
>> > violate their own rules.

>> That has happened way too often here. They tell people to stay home and
>> not travel and then the spend their time flying around.

>As my mother would say, "If they were jumping off a bridge, would you
>do it to?"
>
>Risky and hypocritical behavior on the part of politicians and health-care
>gurus doesn't bother me in the least. Look at Herman Cain.

Some of these people are like children. They can't handle it when
they're not allowed to do something. Or they'll go "But daddy does it
too!" And then they say expensive words like amendment, constitution,
independence, oppression. But they're just whining children.

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 10:55:25 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 3:08:51 AM UTC-10, Snag wrote:
>> On 2/27/2021 12:01 AM, dsi1 wrote:

>> > You might want to revise your figures on the fatality rate. It is currently about 1.8%. The numbers I'm using is 28,411,273 cases, 508,127 deaths.
>> >

>> I believe if you investigate that , you'll find those numbers were
>> produced before they changed the way they counted fatalities - those who
>> died "with" vs those that died "from" .
>> --
>> Snag
>> In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
>> We shot them

>The number of people that died with Covid-19 = 508,127
>The number of people that died from Covid-19 = 11,400
>That leaves about half a million people with unexplained deaths? That's awfully weird.

I am betting the intersection of sets of those who think the Covid
death numbers are so low and that Orange Face won the election is 100%

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/27/2021 12:10 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 10:55:25 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > wrote:

>>> I believe if you investigate that , you'll find those numbers were
>>> produced before they changed the way they counted fatalities - those who
>>> died "with" vs those that died "from" .
>>> --
>>> Snag
>>> In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
>>> We shot them

>> The number of people that died with Covid-19 = 508,127
>> The number of people that died from Covid-19 = 11,400
>> That leaves about half a million people with unexplained deaths? That's awfully weird.

> I am betting the intersection of sets of those who think the Covid
> death numbers are so low and that Orange Face won the election is 100%

The proper way to look at this is years of life lost. It would put
things into proper perspective.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 12:36:42 -0800, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 2/27/2021 12:10 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 10:55:25 -0800 (PST), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>>> The number of people that died with Covid-19 = 508,127
>>> The number of people that died from Covid-19 = 11,400
>>> That leaves about half a million people with unexplained deaths? That's awfully weird.

>> I am betting the intersection of sets of those who think the Covid
>> death numbers are so low and that Orange Face won the election is 100%
>>

>The proper way to look at this is years of life lost. It would put
>things into proper perspective.

Make up whatever you want when you want to play. Why would you want to
look at it that way? Why do you think that is proper perspective?

That isn't a stat that is used to discuss disease mortality/morbidity,
but have fun with your data.

Since other diseases are not analyzed this way, it'd be hard to do
comparisons.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 10:10:55 AM UTC-10, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 10:55:25 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > wrote:

> >> I believe if you investigate that , you'll find those numbers were
> >> produced before they changed the way they counted fatalities - those who
> >> died "with" vs those that died "from" .
> >> --
> >> Snag
> >> In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
> >> We shot them

> >The number of people that died with Covid-19 = 508,127
> >The number of people that died from Covid-19 = 11,400
> >That leaves about half a million people with unexplained deaths? That's awfully weird.

> I am betting the intersection of sets of those who think the Covid
> death numbers are so low and that Orange Face won the election is 100%

OTOH, it might be better to live in a fantasy world than face reality. The reality is that a large part of people who get this virus might suffer from a wide variety of long term problems - including heart, lung, and brain, problems. Perhaps it will turn many Americans into raving lunatics - thus clearing the way for El Presidente de por Vida Trump in 2024
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/27/2021 12:46 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 12:36:42 -0800, Taxed and Spent
> > wrote:
>
>> On 2/27/2021 12:10 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
>>> On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 10:55:25 -0800 (PST), dsi1

>>> I am betting the intersection of sets of those who think the Covid
>>> death numbers are so low and that Orange Face won the election is 100%
>>>

>> The proper way to look at this is years of life lost. It would put
>> things into proper perspective.

> Make up whatever you want when you want to play. Why would you want to
> look at it that way? Why do you think that is proper perspective?
>
> That isn't a stat that is used to discuss disease mortality/morbidity,
> but have fun with your data.
>
> Since other diseases are not analyzed this way, it'd be hard to do
> comparisons.

you are wrong.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 13:00:22 -0800, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 2/27/2021 12:46 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 12:36:42 -0800, Taxed and Spent
>> > wrote:

>>> The proper way to look at this is years of life lost. It would put
>>> things into proper perspective.

>> Make up whatever you want when you want to play. Why would you want to
>> look at it that way? Why do you think that is proper perspective?
>>
>> That isn't a stat that is used to discuss disease mortality/morbidity,
>> but have fun with your data.
>>
>> Since other diseases are not analyzed this way, it'd be hard to do
>> comparisons.
>>

>you are wrong.

Go on- prove me wrong. Something from the CDC, perhaps?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Snag wrote:

> On 2/26/2021 11:03 PM, Graham wrote:
> > On 2021-02-26 9:45 p.m., Snag wrote:
> >

> > > Â*Â* So "it's for my own good" makes it OK . I wouldn't find it so
> > > annoying if this were truly the killer pandemic they claimed .
> > > Yes , those with compromised health were hardest hit . But the
> > > fact remains that this thing has a fatality rate of .03-.05% ,
> > > down in the weeds with the common cold and seasonal flu .
> > > Another factor that screams fraud and conspiracy is that
> > > hydroxychloroquine all at once is a viable treatment - after
> > > hundreds of thousands that could have been treated died while
> > > "they" were screaming no no no it'll kill you .

> > Wow! So you know more than all those research scientists that did
> > careful studies and proved that what you write is a load of
> > codswallop! I'm surprised that Fauci hasn't contacted you with a
> > job offer!
> >

> I know that other trials has great results , and were quashed by the
> liberal media . I know that there were doctors and researchers that
> were canceled for not spouting the party line . You really should
> consider watching/reading something other than mainstream media .

You might want to consider not watching 'wishful' news and sites that
support your desires.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 13:00:22 -0800, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 2/27/2021 12:46 PM, Boron Elgar wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 12:36:42 -0800, Taxed and Spent
>> > wrote:

>>> The proper way to look at this is years of life lost. It would put
>>> things into proper perspective.

>> Make up whatever you want when you want to play. Why would you want to
>> look at it that way? Why do you think that is proper perspective?
>>
>> That isn't a stat that is used to discuss disease mortality/morbidity,
>> but have fun with your data.
>>
>> Since other diseases are not analyzed this way, it'd be hard to do
>> comparisons.
>>

>you are wrong.

I apologize and have now seen some YLL calcs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://bmcinfectdis.biomedcentral.c...79-021-05773-w

> >> Open access published - for a fee. Try again.
> > >

> > no fee for me.
> >

> Our findings in the outpatient setting are in conflict with prior
> observational studies conducted among hospitalized patients
> potentially highlighting differences in effect based on the severity
> of disease [27]. Following an initial infection by SARS-CoV-2
> resulting in attack of alveolar epithelial cells patients may develop
> a hyper-inflammatory state characterized by activation of the innate
> immune system and release of pro-inflammatory cytokines and
> chemokines. Patients who experience this "cytokine storm progress
> rapidly to respiratory failure and multi-organ failure [28,29,30,31].
> In these hospitalized patients the weak anti-inflammatory effects of
> hydroxychloroquine may be insufficient to block the cytokine cascade,
> whereas more potent immunosuppressive agents such as dexamethasone
> and tocilizumab have been associated with beneficial effects [21, 32,
> 33].
>
> By contrast, hydroxychloroquine has anti-viral effects, decreasing
> SARS-CoV-2 viral load, and thus may be more suited in preventing the
> significant tissue damage needed to incite the hyper-inflammatory
> state [5, 34]. This would position hydroxychloroquine earlier in the
> clinical course, at the time of early infection, prior to
> hospitalization need [35].

Date site
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Boron Elgar wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 08:37:06 -0800, Taxed and Spent
> > wrote:

> associated >>>> with a decreased rate of subsequent hospitalization.
> Additional >>>> exploration of hydroxychloroquine in this mildly
> symptomatic outpatient >>>> population is warranted."

https://bmcinfectdis.biomedcentral.c...79-021-05773-w

> >> no fee for me.
> >>

> > Our findings in the outpatient setting are in conflict with prior
> > observational studies conducted among hospitalized patients
> > potentially highlighting differences in effect based on the
> > severity of disease [27]. Following an initial infection by
> > SARS-CoV-2 resulting in attack of alveolar epithelial cells
> > patients may develop a hyper-inflammatory state characterized by
> > activation of the innate immune system and release of
> > pro-inflammatory cytokines and chemokines. Patients who experience
> > this ‘cytokine storm’ progress rapidly to respiratory failure and
> > multi-organ failure [28,29,30,31]. In these hospitalized patients
> > the weak anti-inflammatory effects of hydroxychloroquine may be
> > insufficient to block the cytokine cascade, whereas more potent
> > immunosuppressive agents such as dexamethasone and tocilizumab have
> > been associated with beneficial effects [21, 32, 33].
> >
> > By contrast, hydroxychloroquine has anti-viral effects, decreasing
> > SARS-CoV-2 viral load, and thus may be more suited in preventing
> > the significant tissue damage needed to incite the
> > hyper-inflammatory state [5, 34]. This would position
> > hydroxychloroquine earlier in the clinical course, at the time of
> > early infection, prior to hospitalization need [35].

> Let's apply a bit of logic here.....can you provide a pointer to any
> Covid 19 medication protocol that includes hydroxychloroquine? We have
> over 500,000 people dead in this country. We have had over 29 million
> with positive tests. Do you really think there is some reason that
> hydroxychloroquine is not part of best practices treatment of Covid
> patients?
>
> Were this an effective medication for it, it would gladly be used, not
> laughed at.

+1
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> On 2/26/2021 9:20 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> > So.... you are willing to fight to protect your rights but the only
> > right you really care about it the right to bear arms. That is a
> > lot like the argument about how the civil war was not about keeping
> > slavery, it was about protecting rights, but the only state rights
> > they cared about was their right to have slavery.

> Not true. Go take a history class.
> Slavery was not the issue that started the Civil War.
> It was unfair economic policies between the Northern states and the
> Southern states.

Well known by most who paid attention even in High School.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 11:37:13 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> Gary wrote:
> > On 2/26/2021 9:20 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> > > So.... you are willing to fight to protect your rights but the only
> > > right you really care about it the right to bear arms. That is a
> > > lot like the argument about how the civil war was not about keeping
> > > slavery, it was about protecting rights, but the only state rights
> > > they cared about was their right to have slavery.

> > Not true. Go take a history class.
> > Slavery was not the issue that started the Civil War.
> > It was unfair economic policies between the Northern states and the
> > Southern states.

> Well known by most who paid attention even in High School.

That's what you was taught in high school: The War for States' Rights. The kids up North got a decidedly different history lesson.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Snag wrote:

> >> Look guys , boron elgar is so ****ed he's incoherent !

> > So tell me, who is Obiden?
> >
> > Try again on the gender, honey pie.
> >

> You may be female , but you sure ain't a lady . Bye !

Angry because she's right and you are wrong?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> Snag wrote:

> > > So tell me, who is Obiden?
> > >
> > > Try again on the gender, honey pie.
> > >

> > You may be female , but you sure ain't a lady . Bye !

> Angry because she's right and you are wrong?

Shrew Carol lived in Virginny Beach...

She reached into her pussy and pulled out a -- LEECH...!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021 Feb 26, , Bruce wrote
(in >):

> The funny thing is that nobody wants to make him an unfree man. He's
> getting all worked up about an enemy that's a product of his own
> imagination. What would a shrink call that? Psychotic, probably.

And sheep bleat baaaaaaaaah.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021 Feb 26, , Graham wrote
(in article >):

> You won't be if the religious nutters have their way and turn the US
> into a theocracy.

Socialism is a religion. Take it to the bank.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Leo wrote:
> On 2021 Feb 26, , Graham wrote
> (in article >):
>
> > You won't be if the religious nutters have their way and turn the US
> > into a theocracy.

> Socialism is a religion. Take it to the bank.

A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y...and socialism is a superstition that has NEVER worked, not even remotely. Since 1917, over 100 million have died, and billions have suffered in the name of "socialism"...

Religion has its good and bad, but at its best has some - even *many*- redeeming values, socialism has N - O - N - E...

I'll take Jerry Falwell over the Ukrainian Holodomor, or Benny Hinn over the Berlin Wall ANY day, thank you so VERY much...!!!

Hinn and Falwell and the other religious fanatics one can turn OFF with one's TV remote control and totally ignore, the peeps that suffered under socialism did NOT have that luxury...

Poor uninformed Graham is about 35 years behind the times saying, " ...if the religious nutters have their way and turn the US into a theocracy..." LOL...!!!

:-D

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021 Feb 26, , US Janet wrote
(in >):

> would you tell me what the liberal left is doing to citizens that
> makes you want to shoot them?

Nothing in my case. Were I a business owner in Minneapolis, Portland,
Seattle, etc., during our Summer of Hate, I might think differently. The
"protests/riots" were deemed 93 percent or mostly peaceful by the
slobbering-assed media, the voice of the Democrat Party.
One onsite commentator said as much with a giant fire raging behind him. Only
the dimwitted couldn't see the irony in everything leading up to and through
inauguration day.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Leo wrote:
> On 2021 Feb 26, , US Janet wrote
> (in >):
>
> > would you tell me what the liberal left is doing to citizens that
> > makes you want to shoot them?

> Nothing in my case. Were I a business owner in Minneapolis, Portland,
> Seattle, etc., during our Summer of Hate, I might think differently. The
> "protests/riots" were deemed 93 percent or mostly peaceful by the
> slobbering-assed media, the voice of the Democrat Party.
> One onsite commentator said as much with a giant fire raging behind him. Only
> the dimwitted couldn't see the irony in everything leading up to and through
> inauguration day.

Business owners in those and other Dem strongholds are not "shooting" liberals, but they are voting with their feet and LEAVING the Dem - run ********s...

Kalifornia's lefty guv Newsom may face a recall, and the "knives are out" now for NY's Cuomo...

And for us poor saps in Illannoy, we lead the nation in peeps fleeing, they are sick and tired of the libtard Dem governance:

https://wirepoints.org/bleeding-peop...19-wirepoints/

Bleeding people: 93 of Illinois 102 counties lost people between 2010 and 2019 €“ Wirepoints

"...And overall, Cook County suffered the 2nd-worst loss of people of any county in the nation between 2010 and 2019. Only Wayne County in Michigan, home of Detroit, lost more.

Cook County lost nearly 49,000 people during the decade, the most of any county in Illinois...

Add up all the losses and its no surprise that Illinois is the extreme outlier when it comes to population losses nationally. Only four states have shown losses, with Illinois leading the country in shrinkage

Think whatever you want, but Illinois brand of politics and policy is being categorically rejected year after year by far too many residents.

Until the states policies are flipped on their head €“ until Illinoisans finally get the big spending and governance reforms they desperately need €“ expect many more to uproot their lives to find opportunities elsewhere...

COMMENTS: 'My buddy owns a moving company. Usually starting in October hes got his feet up on the desk waiting for the phone to ring. Past two years hes been busy in his €śslow€ť season. Knows other movers in New York that he cooperates with and they cant keep up. Check what a U-Haul rental one way to Florida or Texas costs compared with a one way rental the reverse direction...

My wife and I retired last year and sold our Chicago west suburban home. We are now living in a mid south state. The really unfortunate event for Illinois is that although we raised all of our children in Illinois not one that went to college or post college have decided to live in Illinois.
This represents a multi generational brain drain and probably will continue among other families for the foreseeable future.
Good luck to everyone who is stuck in Illinois. I wouldnt wish this situation on my worst enemy..."

</>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021 Feb 27, , Bruce wrote
(in >):

> Because their ignorant and their ignorance fuels their paranoia.

You misspelled "they´re" before the "and", but you´re getting
there!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021 Feb 27, , Bruce wrote
(in >):

> Does the name "Leo" sound familiar?

Atta boy!

mad measurements F Murtz General Cooking 210 13-04-2020 12:26 PM
Faulty Oven thermostat Craig[_2_] Cooking Equipment 1 02-06-2008 04:22 PM
measurements Sue General Cooking 10 30-04-2004 01:15 AM
measurements Kylie General Cooking 7 30-12-2003 01:25 AM
Faulty bottle - what´s wrong? Nils Gustaf Lindgren Wine 18 01-12-2003 05:54 PM