Old 12-10-2019, 04:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians!

In honor of your holiday, I'm roasting a turkey today.

Nah. We've simply used up the stock left from our last turkey and
it's time to make more.

Yesterday I dry-brined the turkey.

Stuffing is underway. The sausage is crumbled and cooked, the onions
and celery are frying. Jars of sage and crushed hot pepper flakes
sit on the counter awaiting my husband's master hand with the spicing.

Once the turkey goes in the oven, I'll start mowing the lawn, which
has gotten very shaggy in the last week of rain and mild temperatures.

Cindy Hamilton

Old 12-10-2019, 05:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-10-12 11:11 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
In honor of your holiday, I'm roasting a turkey today.

Nah. We've simply used up the stock left from our last turkey and
it's time to make more.

Yesterday I dry-brined the turkey.

Stuffing is underway. The sausage is crumbled and cooked, the onions
and celery are frying. Jars of sage and crushed hot pepper flakes
sit on the counter awaiting my husband's master hand with the spicing.

Once the turkey goes in the oven, I'll start mowing the lawn, which
has gotten very shaggy in the last week of rain and mild temperatures.

Enjoy Cindy. My son and his girlfriend are coming on Monday and we
invited a nephew and his girlfriend.
It is going to be a busy day here on Monday. I have to make an apple pie
in the morning, prepare the stuffing and get the turkey in. I also have
a technician coming to install my new internet service and satellite.

Old 12-10-2019, 06:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 08:11:26 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

In honor of your holiday, I'm roasting a turkey today.

Nah. We've simply used up the stock left from our last turkey and
it's time to make more.

Yesterday I dry-brined the turkey.

Stuffing is underway. The sausage is crumbled and cooked, the onions
and celery are frying. Jars of sage and crushed hot pepper flakes
sit on the counter awaiting my husband's master hand with the spicing.

Once the turkey goes in the oven, I'll start mowing the lawn, which
has gotten very shaggy in the last week of rain and mild temperatures.

Cindy Hamilton

I'm going to one daughters presently for turkey (which I don't
particularly care for but if I don't have to cook it lol) and the
other tomorrow.

Hope you enjoy your turkey.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 11:11:31 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
In honor of your holiday, I'm roasting a turkey today.

Nah. We've simply used up the stock left from our last turkey and
it's time to make more.

Yesterday I dry-brined the turkey.

Stuffing is underway. The sausage is crumbled and cooked, the onions
and celery are frying. Jars of sage and crushed hot pepper flakes
sit on the counter awaiting my husband's master hand with the spicing.

Once the turkey goes in the oven, I'll start mowing the lawn, which
has gotten very shaggy in the last week of rain and mild temperatures.

Cindy Hamilton

Thanks Cindy. We have a parade here on Monday. We're not having turkey, but roast duck.

Old 12-10-2019, 07:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 2:29:45 PM UTC-4, A Moose in Love wrote:
On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 11:11:31 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
In honor of your holiday, I'm roasting a turkey today.

Nah. We've simply used up the stock left from our last turkey and
it's time to make more.

Yesterday I dry-brined the turkey.

Stuffing is underway. The sausage is crumbled and cooked, the onions
and celery are frying. Jars of sage and crushed hot pepper flakes
sit on the counter awaiting my husband's master hand with the spicing.

Once the turkey goes in the oven, I'll start mowing the lawn, which
has gotten very shaggy in the last week of rain and mild temperatures.

Cindy Hamilton

Thanks Cindy. We have a parade here on Monday. We're not having turkey, but roast duck.

That sounds good. Enjoy.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 12-10-2019, 08:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 11:43:04 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

My son and his girlfriend are coming on Monday and we
invited a nephew and his girlfriend.
It is going to be a busy day here on Monday. I have to make an apple pie
in the morning, prepare the stuffing and get the turkey in. I also have
a technician coming to install my new internet service and satellite.

With those mouth watering smells wafting throughout the house you may have a
hard time getting that technician to leave once the job is complete.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

This is a nice post.
Did meatloaf, cheesy scalloped potatoes with garden parcely.
Meatloaf...3 lb 80 round
Bread was a half box of chicken stuffing stuff
2 eggs
1 tbs crushed garlic
Half cup parm cheese
Bread looked low so added a cup or so of seasoned panko.
Squirt a half cup ketchup into everything.
Baked 1 hr on 300f 1 hr on 375, finished with salsa on top at 400 for 20 min.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 14:31:14 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

This is a nice post.
Did meatloaf, cheesy scalloped potatoes with garden parcely.
Meatloaf...3 lb 80 round
Bread was a half box of chicken stuffing stuff
2 eggs
1 tbs crushed garlic
Half cup parm cheese
Bread looked low so added a cup or so of seasoned panko.
Squirt a half cup ketchup into everything.

A 1/2 cup of ketchup on everything means everything tasted like shit
(TIAD)

tiad0

Old 12-10-2019, 10:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon, I do not understand what 'tiad' is. Hook me up.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 11:29:41 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
wrote:

On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 11:11:31 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
In honor of your holiday, I'm roasting a turkey today.

Nah. We've simply used up the stock left from our last turkey and
it's time to make more.

Yesterday I dry-brined the turkey.

Stuffing is underway. The sausage is crumbled and cooked, the onions
and celery are frying. Jars of sage and crushed hot pepper flakes
sit on the counter awaiting my husband's master hand with the spicing.

Once the turkey goes in the oven, I'll start mowing the lawn, which
has gotten very shaggy in the last week of rain and mild temperatures.

Cindy Hamilton

Thanks Cindy. We have a parade here on Monday. We're not having turkey, but roast duck.

Much prefer that, or goose, rather than turkey.