Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fish

I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like it.
My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook it for
him.

I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom always
turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.

The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be cooked
and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something or other at
the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired to eat. That
part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details of that but he is
starting another business.

And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free flour
and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.

Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do remember
making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex husband some
years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a recipe but I have
no clue what I did other than to bake it.

Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not overly
fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus or
mushrooms very much,

Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/12/2019 8:46 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like
> it. My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook
> it for him.
>
> I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
> would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom
> always turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.
>
> The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be
> cooked and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something
> or other at the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired
> to eat. That part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details
> of that but he is starting another business.
>
> And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free
> flour and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>
> Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do
> remember making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex
> husband some years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a
> recipe but I have no clue what I did other than to bake it.
>
> Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not
> overly fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus
> or mushrooms very much,
>
> Thanks!

Fish does not reheat well. I'd put some panko on top and stick it in
the oven or under the broiler. It also breaks apart easily when you
take it out of the pan.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 8:27:06 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Fish does not reheat well. I'd put some panko on top and stick it in
> the oven or under the broiler. It also breaks apart easily when you
> take it out of the pan.

Get ready for a rejection post.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-09-12 8:46 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:
> I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like
> it. My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook
> it for him.
>
> I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
> would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom
> always turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.
>
> The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be
> cooked and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something
> or other at the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired
> to eat. That part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details
> of that but he is starting another business.
>
> And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free
> flour and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>
> Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do
> remember making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex
> husband some years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a
> recipe but I have no clue what I did other than to bake it.
>
> Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not
> overly fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus
> or mushrooms very much,

Fascinating. Who will be the first sucker to try to offer advice only to
have it rejected?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:46:44 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like it.

So out of character for you.

>I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out.

Of course.

> I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom always
>turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.

Happy times.

>The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be cooked
>and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something or other at
>the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired to eat. That
>part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details of that but he is
>starting another business.
>
>And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free flour
>and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>
>Any suggestions?

Tell him to eat at a restaurant or diner.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 18:58:10 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 8:27:06 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> Fish does not reheat well. I'd put some panko on top and stick it in
>> the oven or under the broiler. It also breaks apart easily when you
>> take it out of the pan.
>>

>Get ready for a rejection post.

I am
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:46:44 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like it.
>My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook it for
>him.
>
>I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
>would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom always
>turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.
>
>The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be cooked
>and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something or other at
>the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired to eat. That
>part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details of that but he is
>starting another business.
>
>And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free flour
>and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>
>Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do remember
>making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex husband some
>years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a recipe but I have
>no clue what I did other than to bake it.
>
>Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not overly
>fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus or
>mushrooms very much,
>
>Thanks!

If he does not want gluten then you must be very careful on what you
serve for him.
As far as making a great gluten free fish dish then I would look
around for a pan fried catfish recipe. Those are usually very easy not
expensive and do not take very long. You can serve any vegetable with
it, and it is usually delicious.

If you do decide to go with the pan fried catfish then when it comes
to breading the catfish just be sure you get a gluten free all purpose
flour and mix it 50/50 with a gluten free corn starch. The dish is
usually best served with French fries but you said he does not like
potatoes, but if he does like French fries then you must buy some
russet potatoes and cut them yourself and fry them yourself (a double
fry is best.)

And the most important thing is if you are cooking a gluten free dish
you must wash your hand (or at least rinse) after every time you touch
something in your kitchen. Like if you open the fridge to get
something you need to rinse or a cabinet you need to rinse. Also you
have to rinse every single pot and utensil before you use it. When you
plate the dish you have to rinse the plates off and the forks or
spoons that he will use.

Make sure your condiments are gluten free.....

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 21:27:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 9/12/2019 8:46 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like
>> it. My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook
>> it for him.
>>
>> I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
>> would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom
>> always turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.
>>
>> The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be
>> cooked and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something
>> or other at the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired
>> to eat. That part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details
>> of that but he is starting another business.
>>
>> And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free
>> flour and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>>
>> Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do
>> remember making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex
>> husband some years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a
>> recipe but I have no clue what I did other than to bake it.
>>
>> Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not
>> overly fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus
>> or mushrooms very much,
>>
>> Thanks!

>Fish does not reheat well. I'd put some panko on top and stick it in
>the oven or under the broiler. It also breaks apart easily when you
>take it out of the pan.

panko contains gluten

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 22:28:15 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-09-12 8:46 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:
>> I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like
>> it. My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook
>> it for him.
>>
>> I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
>> would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom
>> always turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.
>>
>> The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be
>> cooked and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something
>> or other at the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired
>> to eat. That part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details
>> of that but he is starting another business.
>>
>> And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free
>> flour and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>>
>> Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do
>> remember making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex
>> husband some years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a
>> recipe but I have no clue what I did other than to bake it.
>>
>> Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not
>> overly fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus
>> or mushrooms very much,
>>

>Fascinating. Who will be the first sucker to try to offer advice only to
>have it rejected?

I guess I am that sucker, but I am willing to help anyone I do not
fear rejection!

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 23:02:18 -0500,
wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:46:44 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>
>>I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like it.
>>My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook it for
>>him.
>>
>>I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
>>would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom always
>>turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.
>>
>>The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be cooked
>>and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something or other at
>>the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired to eat. That
>>part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details of that but he is
>>starting another business.
>>
>>And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free flour
>>and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>>
>>Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do remember
>>making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex husband some
>>years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a recipe but I have
>>no clue what I did other than to bake it.
>>
>>Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not overly
>>fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus or
>>mushrooms very much,
>>
>>Thanks!

>If he does not want gluten then you must be very careful on what you
>serve for him.
>As far as making a great gluten free fish dish then I would look
>around for a pan fried catfish recipe. Those are usually very easy not
>expensive and do not take very long. You can serve any vegetable with
>it, and it is usually delicious.
>
>If you do decide to go with the pan fried catfish then when it comes
>to breading the catfish just be sure you get a gluten free all purpose
>flour and mix it 50/50 with a gluten free corn starch. The dish is
>usually best served with French fries but you said he does not like
>potatoes, but if he does like French fries then you must buy some
>russet potatoes and cut them yourself and fry them yourself (a double
>fry is best.)
>
>And the most important thing is if you are cooking a gluten free dish
>you must wash your hand (or at least rinse) after every time you touch
>something in your kitchen. Like if you open the fridge to get
>something you need to rinse or a cabinet you need to rinse. Also you
>have to rinse every single pot and utensil before you use it. When you
>plate the dish you have to rinse the plates off and the forks or
>spoons that he will use.
>
>Make sure your condiments are gluten free.....
>

> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

I just wanted to add that if you are not familiar with cooking gluten
free then I would strongly advise you not to do it. If you do though I
must say that you absolutely have to buy all raw ingredients, you can
not cook processed food (canned veggies, anything packaged) and expect
it to be gluten free. Gluten gets contaminated in everything. If it is
packaged and the package says gluten free or has the GF logo then it
will be gluten free. Otherwise it will contain gluten. Even items that
are 100% corn starch. They will still contain gluten if it is NOT
labeled gluten free corn starch. If he has celiac or even like me and
just has a sensitivity towards gluten you must be very very careful.

Also there is no restaurant in the world that will be able to offer
gluten free food UNLESS it is a 100% gluten free restaurant.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 9/12/2019 8:46 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like
>> it. My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook
>> it for him.
>>
>> I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
>> would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom
>> always turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.
>>
>> The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be
>> cooked and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something or
>> other at the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired to
>> eat. That part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details of
>> that but he is starting another business.
>>
>> And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free
>> flour and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>>
>> Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do
>> remember making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex
>> husband some years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a
>> recipe but I have no clue what I did other than to bake it.
>>
>> Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not
>> overly fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus
>> or mushrooms very much,
>>
>> Thanks!

> Fish does not reheat well. I'd put some panko on top and stick it in the
> oven or under the broiler. It also breaks apart easily when you take it
> out of the pan.

Hmmm... That's kind of what I feared.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 8:27:06 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> Fish does not reheat well. I'd put some panko on top and stick it in
>> the oven or under the broiler. It also breaks apart easily when you
>> take it out of the pan.
>>

> Get ready for a rejection post.

How about this?

*Whack*

That was my Circulon pan making contact with the side of your head!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 21:27:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>>On 9/12/2019 8:46 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like
>>> it. My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook
>>> it for him.
>>>
>>> I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
>>> would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom
>>> always turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.
>>>
>>> The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be
>>> cooked and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something
>>> or other at the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired
>>> to eat. That part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details
>>> of that but he is starting another business.
>>>
>>> And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free
>>> flour and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do
>>> remember making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex
>>> husband some years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a
>>> recipe but I have no clue what I did other than to bake it.
>>>
>>> Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not
>>> overly fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus
>>> or mushrooms very much,
>>>
>>> Thanks!

>>Fish does not reheat well. I'd put some panko on top and stick it in
>>the oven or under the broiler. It also breaks apart easily when you
>>take it out of the pan.

> panko contains gluten

Not this kind.

https://smile.amazon.com/Kikkoman-Pa...s%2C227&sr=8-5

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:46:44 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be
>> cooked
>> and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something or other
>> at
>> the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired to eat. That
>> part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details of that but he
>> is
>> starting another business.

> Guy who can't even buy groceries or food to feed himself is starting
> yet another business. How much money have you "invested" in it?
>
> I have no suggestions. That would stupid for anybody to offer.

I invested nothing in it. I am not going to post all of the details here.
But perhaps I should stop referring to him as my gardener. I think roommate
might be a more fitting title. At any rate, I told him I would make
him some fish. I'm doing research.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:46:44 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like it.

> So out of character for you.
>
>>I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out.

> Of course.
>
>> I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom always
>>turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.

> Happy times.
>
>>The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be
>>cooked
>>and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something or other
>>at
>>the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired to eat. That
>>part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details of that but he
>>is
>>starting another business.
>>
>>And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free flour
>>and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>>
>>Any suggestions?

> Tell him to eat at a restaurant or diner.

Diner? This isn't the East Coast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:46:44 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like it.
>>My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook it for
>>him.
>>
>>I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
>>would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom
>>always
>>turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.
>>
>>The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be
>>cooked
>>and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something or other
>>at
>>the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired to eat. That
>>part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details of that but he
>>is
>>starting another business.
>>
>>And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free flour
>>and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>>
>>Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do remember
>>making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex husband some
>>years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a recipe but I have
>>no clue what I did other than to bake it.
>>
>>Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not
>>overly
>>fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus or
>>mushrooms very much,
>>
>>Thanks!

> If he does not want gluten then you must be very careful on what you
> serve for him.
> As far as making a great gluten free fish dish then I would look
> around for a pan fried catfish recipe. Those are usually very easy not
> expensive and do not take very long. You can serve any vegetable with
> it, and it is usually delicious.
>
> If you do decide to go with the pan fried catfish then when it comes
> to breading the catfish just be sure you get a gluten free all purpose
> flour and mix it 50/50 with a gluten free corn starch. The dish is
> usually best served with French fries but you said he does not like
> potatoes, but if he does like French fries then you must buy some
> russet potatoes and cut them yourself and fry them yourself (a double
> fry is best.)
>
> And the most important thing is if you are cooking a gluten free dish
> you must wash your hand (or at least rinse) after every time you touch
> something in your kitchen. Like if you open the fridge to get
> something you need to rinse or a cabinet you need to rinse. Also you
> have to rinse every single pot and utensil before you use it. When you
> plate the dish you have to rinse the plates off and the forks or
> spoons that he will use.
>
> Make sure your condiments are gluten free.....

I know how to do GF. My ex used to eat catfish dipped in mustard, then
flour, then pan fried in butter. Looked disgusting to me.

We don't eat French fries at home. I'll get them once in a while at a
restaurant. Once in a while, I'll buy frozen Tater Tots or something like
that. I believe Spud puppies are GF but he really doesn't like potatoes much
and French fries not at all. I will look into the catfish. Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> [...]

>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

> I just wanted to add that if you are not familiar with cooking gluten
> free then I would strongly advise you not to do it. If you do though I
> must say that you absolutely have to buy all raw ingredients, you can
> not cook processed food (canned veggies, anything packaged) and expect
> it to be gluten free. Gluten gets contaminated in everything. If it is
> packaged and the package says gluten free or has the GF logo then it
> will be gluten free. Otherwise it will contain gluten. Even items that
> are 100% corn starch. They will still contain gluten if it is NOT
> labeled gluten free corn starch. If he has celiac or even like me and
> just has a sensitivity towards gluten you must be very very careful.
>
> Also there is no restaurant in the world that will be able to offer
> gluten free food UNLESS it is a 100% gluten free restaurant.

I am very familiar with cooking GF and familiar with cross contamination. I
know what to do. Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 00:31:47 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>> On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 8:27:06 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>>
>>> Fish does not reheat well. I'd put some panko on top and stick it in
>>> the oven or under the broiler. It also breaks apart easily when you
>>> take it out of the pan.
>>>

>> Get ready for a rejection post.

>How about this?
>
>*Whack*
>
>That was my Circulon pan making contact with the side of your head!

I hope she doesn't feel rejected now.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 00:31:47 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

> wrote in message

>>> Get ready for a rejection post.

>>How about this?
>>
>>*Whack*
>>
>>That was my Circulon pan making contact with the side of your head!

> I hope she doesn't feel rejected now.

Same.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 2:46:59 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like it..
> My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook it for
> him.
>
> I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
> would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom always
> turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.
>
> The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be cooked
> and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something or other at
> the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired to eat. That
> part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details of that but he is
> starting another business.
>
> And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free flour
> and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>
> Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do remember
> making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex husband some
> years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a recipe but I have
> no clue what I did other than to bake it.
>
> Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not overly
> fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus or
> mushrooms very much,
>
> Thanks!

I made some fish teriyaki for my wife's dinner tonight. It gets packed up and she eats it sometime in the middle of the night. I wasn't planning on it but there was a package of fish called "fish scraps" for $1.84 so I was all in. The fish was seasoned and dusted with cornstarch and fried at high temperature in a good amount of oil. Once browned, the fish is removed and the sauce is made. A bit of shoyu, sugar, water, mirin, and ginger, are heated in a pan. The mix is reduced a bit and a slurry of cornstarch is added to thicken the sauce. The fish is added to the sauce/glaze.

The fish is placed on a bed of bok choy with a light sauce of oyster sauce, shoyu, water, and small amount of sesame oil. I found a tiny eggplant in the fridge so that was cooked up too. Hopefully, the eggplant was not poisonous.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...ukKhH4SyGeKo8k

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

I invested nothing in it. I am not going to post all of the details here.
But perhaps I should stop referring to him as my gardener. I think roommate
might be a more fitting title. At any rate, I told him I would make
him some fish. I'm doing research.
===

What kind of fish do you want to cook? White fish I usually batter and
deep fry but i have a nice recipe for salmon which is good cold if you have
any left over.

Teriyaki salmon. This is the recipe I use:

https://natashaskitchen.com/teriyaki...g_3F1538200441

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 9:58:02 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

> I invested nothing in it. I am not going to post all of the details here.
> But perhaps I should stop referring to him as my gardener. I think roommate
> might be a more fitting title. At any rate, I told him I would make
> him some fish. I'm doing research.
> ===
>
> What kind of fish do you want to cook? White fish I usually batter and
> deep fry but i have a nice recipe for salmon which is good cold if you have
> any left over.
>
> Teriyaki salmon. This is the recipe I use:
>
> https://natashaskitchen.com/teriyaki...g_3F1538200441

I'm not a fan of fish. I like shellfish, but not your regular fish. But the above recipe looks very tasty. The fish I like are whitefish, but battered and deep fried. I've never tried the catfish; I can't seem to get it fresh and unseasoned here; it's usually sold seasoned/marinaded. Although maybe Caudle's Catch has them; but they charge money. Real money.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"A Moose in Love" wrote in message

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 9:58:02 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

> I invested nothing in it. I am not going to post all of the details here.
> But perhaps I should stop referring to him as my gardener. I think
> roommate
> might be a more fitting title. At any rate, I told him I would make
> him some fish. I'm doing research.
> ===
>
> What kind of fish do you want to cook? White fish I usually batter and
> deep fry but i have a nice recipe for salmon which is good cold if you
> have
> any left over.
>
> Teriyaki salmon. This is the recipe I use:
>
> https://natashaskitchen.com/teriyaki...g_3F1538200441

I'm not a fan of fish. I like shellfish, but not your regular fish. But
the above recipe looks very tasty. The fish I like are whitefish, but
battered and deep fried. I've never tried the catfish; I can't seem to get
it fresh and unseasoned here; it's usually sold seasoned/marinaded.
Although maybe Caudle's Catch has them; but they charge money. Real money.

====

The only fish I buy other than salmon is cod. Do try that recipe. I is
a huge favourite here

Can you not buy plain fish frozen and not seasoned?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like it.

heh heh. Too funny, julie.

> And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free flour
> and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>
> Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless.

You live close enough to tidewater to buy fresh ocean fish.

Take a fillet or two, spread it with mayo or butter...note not
gobbed on...the mayo will melt on a fresh sal****er fish and just
leave a clear glaze. Top with minced onion and a squeeze of
lemon then broil it for just a few minutes until the fillet turns
opaque and the onions are slightly browned.

Very healthy and no gluten. He would like it. No need to cook
any good seafood with a breading.

Also, no need to cook for him if he can't stay home or awake for
the very short time it takes to cook that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:46:44 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
> >I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like it.
> >My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook it for
> >him.
> >
> >I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
> >would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom always
> >turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.
> >
> >The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be cooked
> >and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something or other at
> >the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired to eat. That
> >part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details of that but he is
> >starting another business.
> >
> >And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free flour
> >and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
> >
> >Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do remember
> >making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex husband some
> >years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a recipe but I have
> >no clue what I did other than to bake it.
> >
> >Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not overly
> >fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus or
> >mushrooms very much,
> >
> >Thanks!

> If he does not want gluten then you must be very careful on what you
> serve for him.
> As far as making a great gluten free fish dish then I would look
> around for a pan fried catfish recipe. Those are usually very easy not
> expensive and do not take very long. You can serve any vegetable with
> it, and it is usually delicious.
>
> If you do decide to go with the pan fried catfish then when it comes
> to breading the catfish just be sure you get a gluten free all purpose
> flour and mix it 50/50 with a gluten free corn starch. The dish is
> usually best served with French fries but you said he does not like
> potatoes, but if he does like French fries then you must buy some
> russet potatoes and cut them yourself and fry them yourself (a double
> fry is best.)
>
> And the most important thing is if you are cooking a gluten free dish
> you must wash your hand (or at least rinse) after every time you touch
> something in your kitchen. Like if you open the fridge to get
> something you need to rinse or a cabinet you need to rinse. Also you
> have to rinse every single pot and utensil before you use it. When you
> plate the dish you have to rinse the plates off and the forks or
> spoons that he will use.
>
> Make sure your condiments are gluten free.....

LOL. Paranoid much? Also must be sure to cook in an air fryer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/12/2019 8:46 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like
> it. My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook
> it for him.
>
> I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
> would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom
> always turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.
>
> The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be
> cooked and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something
> or other at the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired
> to eat. That part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details
> of that but he is starting another business.
>
> And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free
> flour and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>
> Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do
> remember making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex
> husband some years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a
> recipe but I have no clue what I did other than to bake it.
>
> Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not
> overly fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus
> or mushrooms very much,
>
> Thanks!

It depends on the type of fish... but here's some very basic info based
on my experience. I often pan fry fillets. Usually a mild white fish
such as cod or catfish. Without crumbs or a flour coating, season with
S&P at the very least. Even with small fillets you'll need a wide
spatula for turning it. Don't let it cook so long on one side that it
will split in half before you can turn it. Depending on the thickness
of the fish, it only takes a few minutes on each side.

I do sometimes bake fish fillets. You can do this with a sprinkling of
of your gluten free panko on top, but you'll need something to it stick.
Maybe brush some of that eggless mayo on top then the seasoned crumbs.
Put a little water (or milk) in the bottom of the pan to help keep it
moist. You already know you shouldn't overcook it. As a *very* general
rule, the moment it flakes with a fork, it's done. I usually bake cod
fillets no more than 12-15 minutes.

Also, Ed is right. Most fish doesn't reheat well, especially not in a
microwave. You might want to time the fish dinners so it can be eaten
immediately.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 11:09:21 -0400, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:46:44 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like it.
>> >My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook it for
>> >him.
>> >
>> >I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
>> >would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom always
>> >turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.
>> >
>> >The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be cooked
>> >and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something or other at
>> >the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired to eat. That
>> >part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details of that but he is
>> >starting another business.
>> >
>> >And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free flour
>> >and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>> >
>> >Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do remember
>> >making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex husband some
>> >years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a recipe but I have
>> >no clue what I did other than to bake it.
>> >
>> >Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not overly
>> >fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus or
>> >mushrooms very much,
>> >
>> >Thanks!

>> If he does not want gluten then you must be very careful on what you
>> serve for him.
>> As far as making a great gluten free fish dish then I would look
>> around for a pan fried catfish recipe. Those are usually very easy not
>> expensive and do not take very long. You can serve any vegetable with
>> it, and it is usually delicious.
>>
>> If you do decide to go with the pan fried catfish then when it comes
>> to breading the catfish just be sure you get a gluten free all purpose
>> flour and mix it 50/50 with a gluten free corn starch. The dish is
>> usually best served with French fries but you said he does not like
>> potatoes, but if he does like French fries then you must buy some
>> russet potatoes and cut them yourself and fry them yourself (a double
>> fry is best.)
>>
>> And the most important thing is if you are cooking a gluten free dish
>> you must wash your hand (or at least rinse) after every time you touch
>> something in your kitchen. Like if you open the fridge to get
>> something you need to rinse or a cabinet you need to rinse. Also you
>> have to rinse every single pot and utensil before you use it. When you
>> plate the dish you have to rinse the plates off and the forks or
>> spoons that he will use.
>>
>> Make sure your condiments are gluten free.....

>LOL. Paranoid much? Also must be sure to cook in an air fryer.

I just have a feeling she does not know really that much about cooking
gluten free. It does make me wonder how you relate that to paranoia.
Do you know what paranoia is?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:46:44 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like it.
>My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook it for
>him.
>
>I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
>would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom always
>turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.
>
>The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be cooked
>and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something or other at
>the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired to eat. That
>part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details of that but he is
>starting another business.
>
>And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free flour
>and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>
>Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do remember
>making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex husband some
>years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a recipe but I have
>no clue what I did other than to bake it.
>
>Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not overly
>fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus or
>mushrooms very much,
>
>Thanks!

Grinding fish makes for excellent fishcakes/loaf.... grind with
potatoes, add green peas, niblets, etc.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 11:09:21 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:46:44 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> If he does not want gluten then you must be very careful on what you
>>> serve for him.
>>> As far as making a great gluten free fish dish then I would look
>>> around for a pan fried catfish recipe. Those are usually very easy not
>>> expensive and do not take very long. You can serve any vegetable with
>>> it, and it is usually delicious.
>>>
>>> If you do decide to go with the pan fried catfish then when it comes
>>> to breading the catfish just be sure you get a gluten free all purpose
>>> flour and mix it 50/50 with a gluten free corn starch. The dish is
>>> usually best served with French fries but you said he does not like
>>> potatoes, but if he does like French fries then you must buy some
>>> russet potatoes and cut them yourself and fry them yourself (a double
>>> fry is best.)
>>>
>>> And the most important thing is if you are cooking a gluten free dish
>>> you must wash your hand (or at least rinse) after every time you touch
>>> something in your kitchen. Like if you open the fridge to get
>>> something you need to rinse or a cabinet you need to rinse. Also you
>>> have to rinse every single pot and utensil before you use it. When you
>>> plate the dish you have to rinse the plates off and the forks or
>>> spoons that he will use.
>>>
>>> Make sure your condiments are gluten free.....

>> LOL. Paranoid much? Also must be sure to cook in an air fryer.

> I just have a feeling she does not know really that much about cooking
> gluten free. It does make me wonder how you relate that to paranoia.
> Do you know what paranoia is?
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

This is not Julies first foray into gluten free cooking. In fact, if I had
to put money on whose GF knowledge is greater, yours or hers, it wouldnt
be yours.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:43:57 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx

>>> LOL. Paranoid much? Also must be sure to cook in an air fryer.

>> I just have a feeling she does not know really that much about cooking
>> gluten free. It does make me wonder how you relate that to paranoia.
>> Do you know what paranoia is?
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
>>

>This is not Julies first foray into gluten free cooking. In fact, if I had
>to put money on whose GF knowledge is greater, yours or hers, it wouldnt
>be yours.

Now you've really hurt his feelings.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2019 3:16 PM, wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:46:44 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like it.
>> My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook it for
>> him.
>>
>> I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
>> would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom always
>> turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.
>>
>> The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be cooked
>> and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something or other at
>> the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired to eat. That
>> part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details of that but he is
>> starting another business.
>>
>> And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free flour
>> and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>>
>> Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do remember
>> making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex husband some
>> years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a recipe but I have
>> no clue what I did other than to bake it.
>>
>> Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not overly
>> fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus or
>> mushrooms very much,
>>
>> Thanks!

> Grinding fish makes for excellent fishcakes/loaf.... grind with
> potatoes, add green peas, niblets, etc.

Really? Somehow I don't see Julie grinding fish to make fishcakes. I
wouldn't do that, either.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:46:44 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like it.
>>> My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook it for
>>> him.
>>>
>>> I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
>>> would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom always
>>> turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.
>>>
>>> The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be cooked
>>> and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something or other at
>>> the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired to eat. That
>>> part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details of that but he is
>>> starting another business.
>>>
>>> And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free flour
>>> and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do remember
>>> making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex husband some
>>> years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a recipe but I have
>>> no clue what I did other than to bake it.
>>>
>>> Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not overly
>>> fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus or
>>> mushrooms very much,
>>>
>>> Thanks!

>> Grinding fish makes for excellent fishcakes/loaf.... grind with
>> potatoes, add green peas, niblets, etc.
>>

>Really? Somehow I don't see Julie grinding fish to make fishcakes. I
>wouldn't do that, either.
>
>Jill

you don't need to grind it, you can just flake it apart

Sheldon's got a meat grinder kink

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:46:44 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

>I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like it.
>My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook it for
>him.
>
>I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out.
>
>Any suggestions?

The fish counter in our local grocers smell "fishy" and not in a good way.
OTOH, there is no smell at our local seafood shop/specialist.

Buy your fish from a real fish shop. Take your time and talk to the folks
behind the counter. Let them know your limitations and expectations. A
real fish monger will suggest an appropriate fish, recipe and cooking
method. It may cost a bit more, but you should get excellent results.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 2:46:59 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like it.
> My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook it for
> him.
>
> I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
> would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom
> always
> turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.
>
> The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be
> cooked
> and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something or other
> at
> the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired to eat. That
> part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details of that but he
> is
> starting another business.
>
> And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free flour
> and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>
> Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do remember
> making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex husband some
> years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a recipe but I have
> no clue what I did other than to bake it.
>
> Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not
> overly
> fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus or
> mushrooms very much,
>
> Thanks!

I made some fish teriyaki for my wife's dinner tonight. It gets packed up
and she eats it sometime in the middle of the night. I wasn't planning on it
but there was a package of fish called "fish scraps" for $1.84 so I was all
in. The fish was seasoned and dusted with cornstarch and fried at high
temperature in a good amount of oil. Once browned, the fish is removed and
the sauce is made. A bit of shoyu, sugar, water, mirin, and ginger, are
heated in a pan. The mix is reduced a bit and a slurry of cornstarch is
added to thicken the sauce. The fish is added to the sauce/glaze.

The fish is placed on a bed of bok choy with a light sauce of oyster sauce,
shoyu, water, and small amount of sesame oil. I found a tiny eggplant in the
fridge so that was cooked up too. Hopefully, the eggplant was not poisonous.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...ukKhH4SyGeKo8k

---

Ooh! Thanks! I think he love this! He loved the Spam fried rice that I
asked you about. I'm going to make this tonight! Not sure I can find fish
scraps though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 00:43:30 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:46:44 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like it.

>> So out of character for you.
>>
>>>I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out.

>> Of course.
>>
>>> I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom always
>>>turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.

>> Happy times.
>>
>>>The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be
>>>cooked
>>>and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something or other
>>>at
>>>the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired to eat. That
>>>part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details of that but he
>>>is
>>>starting another business.
>>>
>>>And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free flour
>>>and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>>>
>>>Any suggestions?

>> Tell him to eat at a restaurant or diner.

>Diner? This isn't the East Coast.

Well, whatever the hell you want to call a place that serves food in
your neck of the woods.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2019 7:10 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 2:46:59 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I have very little experience cooking fish mainly because I don't like
>> it.
>> My gardener just told me that he does so I said I would try to cook it
>> for
>> him.
>>
>> I won't buy whole fish because the thought of that skeeves me out. So it
>> would have to be fillets. I do know it is easy to overcook as my mom
>> always
>> turned out stuff that was rubbery or dry.
>>
>> The other issue is that I would need to have something that could be
>> cooked
>> and reheated later, because he often has to leave for something or
>> other at
>> the time I am cooking it or he falls asleep and is too tired to eat. That
>> part should be resolved soon. I won't get into the details of that but
>> he is
>> starting another business.
>>
>> And what I make needs to be gluten free. I do have asst. gluten free
>> flour
>> and a box of gluten free Panko bread crumbs.
>>
>> Any suggestions? Aside from lemon and butter, I am clueless. I do
>> remember
>> making salmon and some kind of white fish fillet for my ex husband some
>> years ago, before I had the Internet. I must have used a recipe but I
>> have
>> no clue what I did other than to bake it.
>>
>> Gluten is the only dietary issue. He's not really picky but he's not
>> overly
>> fond of some vegetables like potatoes, and doesn't like asparagus or
>> mushrooms very much,
>>
>> Thanks!

> I made some fish teriyaki for my wife's dinner tonight. It gets packed
> up and she eats it sometime in the middle of the night. I wasn't
> planning on it but there was a package of fish called "fish scraps" for
> $1.84 so I was all in. The fish was seasoned and dusted with cornstarch
> and fried at high temperature in a good amount of oil. Once browned, the
> fish is removed and the sauce is made. A bit of shoyu, sugar, water,
> mirin, and ginger, are heated in a pan. The mix is reduced a bit and a
> slurry of cornstarch is added to thicken the sauce. The fish is added to
> the sauce/glaze.
>
> The fish is placed on a bed of bok choy with a light sauce of oyster
> sauce, shoyu, water, and small amount of sesame oil. I found a tiny
> eggplant in the fridge so that was cooked up too. Hopefully, the
> eggplant was not poisonous.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...ukKhH4SyGeKo8k
>

> ---
>

> Ooh! Thanks! I think heÂ*Â* love this! He loved the Spam fried rice that I
> asked you about. I'm going to make this tonight! Not sure I can find
> fish scraps though.

Please don't look for anything called "fish scraps".

Jill